Reviews for Trainwreck Hearts
flacka94 chapter 16 . 8/14
One more year, maybe one more update xD pleaseeeeeeeee
aquitaineq chapter 16 . 5/11
Wow I just binged read this whole thing, mainly on my phone and now my eyes really hurt! I like it, I really need some lovies between the two though or I'm going to break in half! And Steve! He should be mad at Tony, he should confront him about the fall and be angry, forgive him sure, but he shouldn't forgive drunken abuse so easily.
saphie1990 chapter 16 . 5/7
I just found your story. Hopefully you'll update.
Crystalzap chapter 7 . 3/28
really?! I'd think Tony would just throw a 'FU' to Fury and ignore the call
It's been a year again! Time for a update! _
Guest chapter 16 . 11/29/2015
C'mon, update! I /need/ my daily dose of Steve whump and this is one of the only places where you can get a decent brew. In a sense, this story is almost like coffee for me. I /can not/ function without it! So I'm blaming you if my presentations slip!
Guest chapter 12 . 11/29/2015
Well shit.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/29/2015
Forget what I typed, Tony's still a selfish ass-hole.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/29/2015
Took your goddamn sweet time to realize what an ass you are, Stark! Are you gonna need a near death experience every time in order to realize your being a goddamned selfish ass-hole!?... Pardon my French, but I really needed to get that out.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/29/2015
Wauw. I thought I had seen the max of how much of a dick Tony could be, but this, this takes that to a whole new world!
microscope chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
I always forget how much I love this until I reread the first chapter. Now I'm obsessed again ;-;
NfanfictionM chapter 16 . 5/30/2015
I absolutely love your story! Beautiful portrayal of the characters. You see so many fics were the characters are completely ooc, this is really refreshing. I don't even ship Stony but this fic made me realize why so many people do. Please update this story eventually. I understand that real life gets in the way but I'm willing to wait a long time as long as in the end you wrap up this wonderful story with the conclusion it deserves. Thank you for writing such a emotional rollercoaster of a story.
KDean9 chapter 16 . 5/30/2015
Oh no no you must update soon! This a is a damn good story ! I love it ! Thank you so much for writing it and still updating it! Great work can't wait for more !
microscope chapter 16 . 5/24/2015
The Fox Familiar chapter 4 . 4/13/2015
Chapter 16

“Tony wasn’t exactly useless” – Lol, yes he is.

“The doctor didn’t have everything he needed” - ...They are literally steps away from the helicarrier. Like, literally. They can take a fucking walk.

There’s the cliché where Tony doesn’t know whether his lover is going to live or not and Steve is good at being a vegetable. I guess the whole alien fight scene wasn’t important, and they bombed the shit out of the ship when they could have done that in the first place. No one was suspicious and the Kree just go in there and want a whole Leonidas vs Xerxes fight that makes the fight scenes in 300 look like the best thing on Earth. BTW – those fight scenes are much better than yours.

But we all know how this is going to turn out. Steve is going to heal and get back together with emo-Tony, and they’ll live happily ever after. But there are a few problems with this, and I’m going to talk about them now.

I don’t give a damn how long or hard you write about this pairing, but it doesn’t work. Tony has Pepper and he is worried that she will get hurt. Yeah, I get that her actress is a dumb piece of work, but you don’t do any favours with cutting Pepper out of the equation entirely. Tony is not the sarcastic, intelligent and witty playboy we know him to be. He’s a swinger, an emotional rollercoaster that drinks, beats the ones he loves, and wonders why others don’t like him. He has inner wars with himself and says he hates himself and I really, really wonder what the Hell you smoked to make you write this. Tony doesn’t hate himself. His daddy issues aren’t that bad to make him that much of an asshole. He wouldn’t dedicate himself to drink without someone saying something, and instead of, you know, doing science, he just sits there sleeping, wondering when his blonde Barbie is going to come back and suck him off.

Steve is no better. The Man with a Plan is a useless, emotional Barbie there for looks, and he doesn’t understand that Tony is abusive towards him. For some reason, stories featuring Steve being abused is a big hit, mainly because women want to know what it feels like for those sexist men to feel what they feel, the other being that they’re sick fucks who need some hollow points pumped in that nasty flesh of theirs. For all the good Steve stands for, it’s tossed aside because the author feels that her writings on how this abuse works and all the emotional things pans out fucking sucks, and screw logic because that would just tear this apart wouldn’t it? Steve is not dumb, but you wrote him as being this dependent wife that doesn’t want to leave her abusive husband. He doesn’t hurt Tony because OMG FEELINGS and some other excuse in which your readers provide some context for, but I know that their context is bullshit and can be thrown aside. Tony is willing to put the lives of others at risk so he can get some ass.

When the fight scene happens, Steve loses all his abilities and gets his ass whomped by an alien, because Jar Jar Binks decided it was time to rave. His shield, which can absorb vibration, doesn’t work and Steve doesn’t think of throwing it at the damn thing. He loses all of his intelligence and battlefield cunning, and is lowered to that of a whipped dog that doesn’t know where to go. All the others stand around and see him as their leader when he shows no leadership qualities. In a Gladiator-esque fight scene, he shows himself to be so OOC that he becomes a new character entirely.

Another reviewer gives you praise for creating a flawless plot and showing Tony’s inner demons and making him a human. I’m here to tell you that you haven’t achieved any of that. The extent of Tony’s self loathing was over the top that it borders on being fucking retarded. He doesn’t understand a thing called ‘consequence’, and decided to go ‘See you, ho’ before a great big fight. Steve, being the emotionally starved waifu that he is, has his heart broken and everyone stops and the world stops and so forth to cuddle and coddle him.

Now, that relationship. Boy, is that a riot. You write that there is no love between them and that in the beginning they get off beating the living shit out of each other. Then, Tony realizes he has the feels and wants to love Steve, and Steve suddenly realizes he loves Tony despite neither having the qualities to BE loved. They don’t even talk to each other or even have civilized conversations. Tony doesn’t even wait to tell Steve how he really feels; he just goes in and decides everything’s going to be OK. For someone who has a boyfriend, you don’t even understand how relationships work. You managed to fit them both into stereotypes without knowing it, and went on believing that you broke it. Oh, well. Someone has to do the hard work around here.

Clint seems to be the only voice of reason. Natasha is just the useless woman; no one cares about her. Bruce talks about some science-y stuff that doesn’t make sense, and in the raison d’être injects Steve with the serum-that-isn’t-the-serum-but-is-the-serum in order to push Steve to his highest potential. I really don’t think you understand how things work, honey.

The dialogue was all female centric and not believable. Everyone’s talking about Steve and Tony and not doing their damn jobs. So much for saving the world. It can be summed up thus:

Tony and Steve fight. They secretly love each other but don’t. Steve nearly dies fighting non-violent aliens. Tony is sad. They make up and fuck. The end.

The dialogue and attempt at moral grey areas make Whedon look like a genius. You are incapable of writing good plots, and when there aren’t long descriptions about rainy days and going in churches, there is nothing at all happening. They’re healing Steve while steps away from their helicarrier. They’re all standing around while aliens are fighting around them. They talk and joke when there are serious things happening. If that didn’t say, ‘Hey, this doesn’t make sense’ to you, well, you fail at comprehension.

People are only reading this for the pairing, which is one I don’t understand. Tony is not some over emotional twat who didn’t get enough chocolate bunnies for Easter. Steve is not a pussy ready to be whipped. You write them as the men they are, not the men you want to be putting you on a pedestal. This whole thing made me snicker. There is no way this could have made it past the WordDoc without someone calling it out for the shit that it was.

But it did, and here I am. You asked for reviews. Now you’re getting them.

If anything, the emotional angst reminds me of...wait for it...

Twilight. Tony went full Edward and Steve Bella. I wonder when the werewolf dude is going to come in and get lusty over a loli. Why not go there?

Inb4 Tony screaming to the Heavens why he didn’t get enough ass from Steve. Gee, bro, maybe it’s because you’re an emo that needs some more MCR in his life? It’s too bad Voldemort isn’t shooting at moronic idiots angstily.