Reviews for Honor To Serve
Lord Darkhaven chapter 14 . 7/11
Please tell me you are going to update this story soon. It one of my favorites out there.
Jeb59 chapter 5 . 6/4
Don't post more soon.
There that should get us back on track.
JJFan chapter 7 . 5/11
With so many authors holding stories hostage for reviews, it's a pleasant change to see someone delaying posting the next chapter upon receiving "post more soon" comments. Stories are written at the speed they are written.
quinipissa479 chapter 14 . 5/3
So Draco and Pansy are going to be married. That will be interesting in if this story goes further into the 5th year at Hogwarts. Umbridge being behead by a Slytherin that was interesting. Look like she was a loyal death eater after all. Great 14 chapters. I do hope that is more to come. Harry being on good turns with his Aunt and uncle along with Dudley is a big change from the real story.
Corwyn chapter 14 . 4/16
I'm greatly enjoying this story, and look forward to it continuing. Thanks for sharing it.
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 14 . 4/11
This has been a very enjoyable and well written story. I know sometimes you lose that inspiration needed to write a good story. I just hope your muse will at some point return for this one. It deserves more inspiration. In the meantime I shall enjoy the stories that your muse is currently favoring. Again thank you for what you have written here so far.
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 6 . 4/10
Stephan, I really like what you have done here. Most stories where the Dursleys are abusive or if not abusive then just hostile lay the blame at magic directly. Instead you are giving us a very human and flawed being in Vernon and Petunia Dursley. We have a pair of people that had their world torn apart and then had a member of the secret world that harmed them so, dropped onto their doorstep. It gives us a pair that while not excusable are at least understandable.
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 5 . 4/7
It is the little plots like this one with Dahlia that can really bring a story to life even when they don't affect some of the larger society wide plots. Looking at this from the standpoint of the was this was a very minor plot point, but it is in the way it affects individual characters like Vernon, Dudley and Harry that give it the power to give life to the story.
chaoswizard chapter 14 . 4/2
Keep it coming plz it is good
tcl7189 chapter 14 . 3/14
Enjoying this so far...can't wait for the next one!
Twilight Dusk chapter 14 . 3/5
Please save me from the party tricks
Of popinjays at politics
They play to hear their voices sound
Full lack of competence to drown
Out- to make peons forget
That Idols aren't the sole elect
-ion in which they have a voice
The speaking power of a choice

Help me while away the hours instead
With thine lead folk who, making bed
Recall they have to lie in it.
And truly seem to give a shit.
Oh, for a government that works!
GatorLHA2 chapter 14 . 2/5
Bene Factum, very good story, rich details and character development interspersed with action.
reader1writer1 chapter 14 . 12/31/2015
I enjoyed that. I love how you've drawn these characters. I can almost imagine Harry as Draco's best man. lol
Runecutter chapter 14 . 12/27/2015
Cathedral only means that the church serves as the offices or teaching place of a bishop besides the usual services every church is used for (cathedra is the elevated seat, much like Dumbledore's littlegolden throne-chair, the bishop may use during services). Other than that a cathedral may be undistinguishable from other churches, although most bishoprics are seated at large and well populated cities that also serve as government centers for the surrounding counties, so the majority will be big and pompous with a lot of stained glas and richly decorated. That's not a requisite though.

So finally read all that has been uploaded yet. Nice story and a grand concept with the deep involvement and magical interweaving of the royal family. It just seems you tend to get a bit distracted by the bantering and all that's going on between the youngest members of the WG. While most chapters are simply fascinating another tendency that has been showing itself the further i've advanced to this chapter seems to be a certain ... episodic nature of your updates, combining a lot of shorter scenes into a single update and spreading the locations over several chapters from start to conclusion. Sure that's a valid literary technique, only it's one better working in works you read as a single long text, not in sequential publications like a fanfic that's being written between two updates as it really draws out a lot of scenes beyond most people's patience.
Just compare how much space and lines Pansy's pregnancy and the planned life with Draco gets in comparison to stuff Harry can and will do... and he's already mostly shown when the WG is in session. The garden stuff also went over most of 8 chapters i think.
With this modus operandi you'll end up writing a pick-up-quidditch match between Surrey and Wiltshire and it will go over 12 or 15 chapters and a whole year in between the liberation of the balls from their chest to the end... Battle scenes might turn out even worse, depending on how involved they'll end up.
I'm not sure, but as the last few chapters felt rather short in comparison to earlier ones, that also might help with this seemingly growing hastyness in communicating your intended plots. One thing at a time may look unfair or too limiting if simultaneously a lot of other things are going on. But at least that's then finished and will not fester in the back of your mind for a lot of writing sessions until it's out of the way.
Just saying.

Specifically for this chapter... it was frustrating to get to witness this knighting and hear Pansy think about how the Queen knows about the name and location of her very own manor/hall... and then to not get an answer to that. Not nice to keep your background hostage in that way, disguised as a "cliffhanger" without being really cliffy as the story is on a slow schedule anyway, as the muse demands. BUT it was nice that other people than Harry get a bit of recognizance for their actions too. I could have done without the "reward kiss" from Ginny and would have liked to see Harry protest it, it's not a thing that would gross me out of reading this though and with Harry having pressed all his friends into internships over much of the summer a bit of goofing off was to be expected. Not everybody is hanging around constantly around the queen and had to mature rapidly or look like a childish idiot. So yeah, nice touch with the chattering, now back to work, hush hush! ;) The teasing during the "virgin speech" of Neville Longbottom was a bit much though. Did he have anything to say other than to "roast" Harry? And Hermione, Susan and Draco go with it? Way to introduce your generation to the wheezer-gamut.

The thoughts of Dumbledore about the governors meeting were appreciated too. Sounds nice and is very promissing for the future, although the words about scenes drawn out for too long by showing only snippets every other chapter fully apply for this randomly cut off moment... going from the chapters that were published some time ago to this final end of the cue and to find it so unhelpfully empty of conclucions for almost everything they touch is ... not the funniest thing to read as a follower. Just good that it all still surfs high on the wave of killing the toad. :D
As for Edmee Baddock, have they tried to convince princes Margaret to visit her? Seems she adores the Snowdon like usually wizarding kids are expected to glorify the BWL stuff :D Might help to make her a very young owlet ?

Ahhh and before i forget it one last thing.. Kudos that Harry was NOT involved in the fighting and getting hurt scenes... A pleasant change from the expectations that he shall take point in everything attitude so many other stories showcase. I like that very much. Even if it condemns us to months of boring parliament procedures. The things one does to find a decent read... *dramatically sigh*
katraj0908 chapter 14 . 12/11/2015
Why isn't Harry getting sword lessons? Like I get that he doesn't live at Windsor Castle, but still.