Reviews for Miles to Go Before I Sleep
Owl Winter chapter 14 . 12/14/2012
Great story!
Guest chapter 14 . 10/6/2012
I loved the happy ending you gave Snape here. Your stories are amazing in how you develop each and every one of the characters and fit their stories so seamlessly together. This one has definitely become my favorite of all of them.
StarryEyedReader chapter 14 . 9/22/2012
The first chapters were really interesting but the part I was really hooked on was the trial. good for Sev. He had to find out that there were people who cared for him and he had to learn to open up. But the wedding part was a bit odd and too quick. I could see him with Phina but somehow I couldn't really seem him with Peggy. Maybe Peggy's character had to be a bit more expanded on. we could have seen a little more interaction between them for the love story to be enjoyable. though to be honest you did a marvelous job of giving him a family. I just wish, being a HP-SS fan (not slash though), that Harry had a share in the last chapter. maybe even Albus Severus. :P
Kerubim chapter 14 . 9/11/2012
Snapes first name is Richard? Cool. Just like how Tony Starks first name is Alexander. And I'm loving the nickname Russ.
Kerubim chapter 10 . 9/11/2012
You just had to remember he didn't know squat about attack, just loads about defense.

I highly disagree. There is a reason he's feared. Great chapter though. Loved the telenetic explosions idea.
Kerubim chapter 6 . 9/11/2012
Why can't snape swim? He always comes off as a good swimmer (to me). And how hasn't he seen an inferious? This snape is amazing but a little week in some areas. Hmm.
Kerubim chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
Hmm I am loving the story. You said he (snape) is niaeve about certain things. I'm curious to know which things those are. :)
Kerubim chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Snape is capable of flight. Its been confirmed. And boy is he ever powerful. He took on Minerva, slughorn, filius, and another person all at once and only used defensive magic. He didn't want to hurt them so he didn't try to really fight. And only fled so he could not hurt them.
Lordban chapter 14 . 9/6/2012
But... it was so artfully done.

Some very interesting interpretations of the Potterverse you have made here (with a bit of artistic licence regarding Yaxley and one direct contradiction of DH, aside from the reason why Snape survives of course). The part I particularly like is how coherent all of it is.
Snarky64 chapter 14 . 8/29/2012
I very much enjoyed Snape's relationship with Hagrid throughout the story and giving Hagrid such a subtle understanding of your Snape. I thought the adventure part of your story was absolutely excellent, but confess my interest flagged after the trial - but that's not a criticism, more just not my type of fic at that point.

Nevertheless, a strong fic with good characters.
Snarky64 chapter 12 . 8/29/2012
Dawlish? "Unable to resist an Imperius curse" Dawlish? That's a surprise. But possibly not as much of a surprise as anyone going to see Petula Clark in 1998. Feeling quite surreal now. There's a lot of Americanisms in this chapter that stop the flow - mommy, graduating school (we don't graduate from senior school - only university/college has graduates in Britain) etc. I believe Bellatrix was some 9/10 years older than Snape, btw.

The transition in Snape here is too quick for me, I think, although ultimately it would be one I would want to see.
Snarky64 chapter 11 . 8/29/2012
Oh dear - that argument for binding Lupin never makes sense. Now if Snape had taken the Wolfsbane and thrown it forcibly down his throat, that would be sensible, but this "tied him up because he was about to transform" is just so desperate. If werewolves could be controlled with a simple incarcerous, they would be. Shame about that lapse in otherwise good logic to apologism for Snape's vengeful behaviour mixed with his honest motives. It's his petty unpleasantness that make him a great character. Not everything he does needs an apology. Never mind.

Malfoy's speech is a little too hero-worshipping for such a man and hit a bum note for me and I'm afraid I didn't follow the reasoning for the change in Snape's Patronus. I hope I'll pick that up later.

That are canon inconsistencies that are a little irritating: no mention of Draco's soul-saving etc. Also, was Snape's father a mill worker or a miner? The two seem to be interchangeable here.

I'm still enjoying the story, but it is in danger of losing nuance and subtlety that I find characterises Snape so well (IMO).

Apart from those niggles, I enjoyed the chapter and particularly the little scene with Marchbanks, and her Imperius-happy exam candidates.
Snarky64 chapter 7 . 8/29/2012
Excellent action-packed chapter. My jaw dropped at, "Obliterate!".
Snarky64 chapter 5 . 8/29/2012
Oh Luna! Quick thinking from Snape; I wondered how he'd explain that away.
Snarky64 chapter 4 . 8/29/2012
Poor Snape. Who would be the one person he wouldn't want to have a 'thing' for him. That would be McNair. *shudder*
65 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »