Reviews for Miles to Go Before I Sleep
Snarky64 chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
Great. Inventive and pacey. Just a note though: we really wouldn't say "automobile" - it's always "car". Very enjoyable.
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
A really interesting start, and propostion. Snape's knowledge of the horcrux jarred a bit, but other than that, I really enjoyed it. Hurrah for Hagrid, and Kreacher is hilarious.
Iva1201 chapter 14 . 8/27/2012
I am so VERY HAPPY that you have decided to post this story here (((-: - I was asking you to do so about two years ago and - should you look at my profile - you will be able to see that I have recommended it to our fellow readers in its original location. But this version is so much better to read.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! (-:

(Also for writting it, sure. (-:)
OhShirleyUJest chapter 14 . 8/25/2012
Well written, with excellent character development and a delightfully twisty plot...

Thanks ever so much for sharing this with the strange and unusual online public. It was truely delightful.
shyfoxling chapter 14 . 8/21/2012
Plotwise I thoroughly enjoyed this one as well. But I wonder if you have considered having these stories Britpicked? It's a bit jarring to be going along enjoying the story and then see people saying things like "mom/mommy" and talking about having waffles for breakfast. It's a little strange because in many places you seem to have done fairly thorough research (such as about Pendle) and written thoughtfully and carefully, and then commit what look to me (admittedly a Yank) like such elementary errors of vocabulary. Anyway, on to Bottle Fame for me! It's a mark of how well done these stories are despite little flaws like that that I am reading so many long fics - usually I groan and moan about anything over 10k.
Kazza chapter 14 . 8/19/2012
Thank you for a delightful read. It's so refreshing to read a story with an adult's view of the characters and death eater society. I've added your story to my community, and hopefully that gets you story a little of the attention it deserves.
It was also interesting to read a teacher's view of how Hogwarts' approach to education could be improved. I'm a similar age to JKR and can see similarities in the teachers she describes to the ones I had here in Australia - at 14 years of age I even had a maths teacher very like Snape in character, and I discovered years later at a school reunion that he'd been a prisoner of war in Singapore in WW2 but was allowed to teach again without counselling (which didn't really exist back then). As an adult looking back I'm amazed that he coped with 40 14-year-olds (we had Big classes then).
Kazza chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
I feel very foolish that I've only found your wonderful story now. Excellent read so far
Saint Snape chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
Very enjoyable story.
thetimesurfer chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
Augh, so beautiful. I don't think I'll be able to read the other Snape fanfics out there after this... this is as nearly perfect and as similar J.K. Rowling as I've ever seen. Are you sure you aren't really her in disguise?
The unknown sister chapter 14 . 5/31/2012
This was an absolutley marvelous story. I'm so glad you included specific locations in the uk! Thanks for giving russ kids - certainly an oppurtunity for a sequel! :)
bookivore chapter 14 . 5/19/2012
Thought I'd add one more note at the end. There is a great disjunction between the first part and the second of this story, yet I can't argue that they deserve to be 2 separate stories. Posttraumatic Snape fits right in after midst-of-war Snape and it allows easy reference to things like him being happy in the cave that someone would be with him when he died.

Hmm ... about the only other thing I can see is that I like Russ in his own weird town rather than fitting back in at Hogwarts, no matter how you try to fix Hogwarts. First he has so many bad memories there, and second so many people are so used to him being shunned, alone, the scapegoat, and unfriendly there, it seems like a great deal of work to try to fix everything in that location.
ChangelingbyChoice chapter 14 . 5/12/2012
This was an amazing story! I've always wanted to see Severus or "Russ" settle into a semi-normal and far less hectic life, especially with someone special to keep him company. You did a wonderful job of Severus's transition from torment and despair to warmth and cheer... It was definately AU, but not out of character. Also, I thought Hagrid as a protector was a nice touch! Very well done!
Ty Rose chapter 14 . 5/11/2012
So nice to see Sevvy happy, even if it is more fun to see him clawing through obstacles. Thanks for sharing a well- written story :)
BlueWater5 chapter 14 . 5/10/2012
Thank you for posting this. It's a great story. It complements Reflections and Elementary (which I hope you continue, by the way - it would be fun to read about ghost Professor Snape teaching a class - and since he can make a vortex, can he be a poltogeist?).
Divvie chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
Oh, Russ finally got the girl :D

I never took him for one to relate easily to kids, in the first place (due to his own childhood issues), but I guess I can see him work through some of his issues by observation the dynamics with young children.

Still, he will have extensive therapy and a rather patient partner to make a romantic relationship work. I hope Peggy has some idea how to work with that.

I actually thought initially that he would go with the science teacher, though ...
65 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »