Reviews for Miles to Go Before I Sleep
Divvie chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
Oh, Russ finally got the girl :D

I never took him for one to relate easily to kids, in the first place (due to his own childhood issues), but I guess I can see him work through some of his issues by observation the dynamics with young children.

Still, he will have extensive therapy and a rather patient partner to make a romantic relationship work. I hope Peggy has some idea how to work with that.

I actually thought initially that he would go with the science teacher, though ...
iwright chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
*"Yes, you did. And she was there for you for an important couple of years. But she wasn't created for the sole purpose of being a crutch for you. She had her own needs and her own life to live, and I'm pleased she didn't sacrifice herself as a martyr to your problems."*

Yes. This. Any relationship is two-sided, and the distance between Sev and Lily was a result of both of them making their own decisions.
Saramagician chapter 11 . 5/10/2012
OMG! It was very interesting!
Ty Rose chapter 12 . 5/9/2012
Is Sev finally catching a break? Is it possible? Gasp!

Thanks for sharing this well-written story with us. (And man, your Snape can talk himself out of anything! ;)
SachaSacha chapter 12 . 5/9/2012
As much as I loved the first part of this story (chapter 1 to 11), I think you shoul have stopped it there. I don't know what you'll be able to add to the plot line now that all Death Eaters have been captured, that Ginny has been captured, that Severus can move on a new life, that all has been somewhat resolved.

I just feel that any additional chapters (like chap.12) will deserve this excellent fic.
Divvie chapter 12 . 5/9/2012
Ha, I must have really missed the Tom, Dick & Harry part in the Chronicles!

Now I understand why you named him Richard Snape, lol

Ok, sometimes I can be a bit slow on the uptake ;)
mzperx chapter 12 . 5/9/2012
hurrĂ¡! I like this storry very much
BlueWater5 chapter 11 . 5/8/2012
Great story! I hope you update quickly.

During the trial, however, Vance was completely forgotten, yet she was the whole reason there was a trial at all. It should have come up at some point that the charge of murder was dropped because she was very much alive.
Saramagician chapter 2 . 5/8/2012
Wow! Amazing! I really love it! Update soon, Can't wait for next chapter...
SachaSacha chapter 6 . 5/7/2012
You're updating quickier than I can read, I love that very much

And you're story is really excellent, keep up the great work.
bookivore chapter 11 . 5/7/2012
Read this yesterday when you posted it, you had me on tenterhooks for a while as the Weasleys plotted to murder Snape. That particular kind of mess doesn't seem to be your style, though.

Being irredeemably middle-class myself I find it hard to think from your Snape's point of view, though I realize that it exists, and it makes a lot of sense. I find it rather astonishing how canon Dumbledore expects everyone to think like he does, or at least believe in exactly the same good and evil (which is a very similar thing) - he never teaches morality, but expects it. Having just seen my son go through first communion I realize how much effort the church goes through to get people to demonstrate even surface behavior along the desired lines, and it does not come easily.

I suppose I have strayed from the point, but perhaps it is this tension that leads to so many people wanting to 'fix' the HP stories: there is so much obviously wrong in the stories, and characters willing to go to great length to fix it, and yet in

the end nothing is addressed.

I like that you're going after the curriculum. I have been tempted to write a twisted canon where (among other things) they explain that Astronomy is actually short for astronomy-social studies-home economics-basic math-study hall-and so on - everything you need to know which doesn't deserve a full class. Because there's no point in spending 7 years in the core on astronomy, but it would make a wonderful nickname for a catchall type of course.
Fifinella chapter 2 . 5/7/2012
I think your Idea is great! I really enjoy reading this story. Keep up the good work! I'd like to read more from you! I really do! :)
Divvie chapter 11 . 5/6/2012
Sweet, so Snape got his past sorted (legally, at least), has a new hobby - and perhaps a girlfriend upcoming?
Divvie chapter 9 . 5/6/2012
Poor Snape, he's really cracking now, isn't he?

Does the wizarding world not have any idea of PSTD?

I mean Snape has been subject to that for decades really ...

How can anyone expect him to adjust to a normality he had never known to start with?

Mind you, the same applies to Harry, as well, but Harry got other coping mechanism (and a better support network).
iwright chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I like it. I just can't believe Voldemort not killing someone when he had the chance. That whole splitting-his-soul thing had pretty obviously left him axe-crazy.
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »