Reviews for The Undying Fire
Secret.Identities chapter 50 . 5/24
Oh, damn. You make Azula seem so human. Seeing inside her reasoning makes one realize that there really is more than just physical attraction going on, even from her side. That line about feeling like she wasn't such a monster punched the feels. It makes me almost want her and Jet to end up together. But can Jet withstand the severe betrayal sure to come?
And woah the Lower Ring really does have so much power.
So cool how things played together. If Zuko, Katara, Aang or Toph had ended up in that apartment, there's no way they would play along to Azula's plan. I can't decide whether I'm frustrated about that, or relieved. Go do your thing, Sokka. You're the only one who really can.
Mai's forehead poke is so cute, haha. I've come up with a ship name for the two! Siomai! :D :D :D
I enjoyed this one very much! I'm hoping for Zutara moments in the next chapter with healer Katara and the rest hehehehe
Secret.Identities chapter 49 . 5/24
whoo. I had to backread in order to refresh my memory. Heh, I forgot that Changpu is older than Zuko. He acts so childish a lot.
I wonder what's happened to Jet? And stuff's definitely going down if Azula is there.
I wasn't ready for Aang's rock-to-the-heart. It took a while to realize that when you wrote "striking deep into the heart", it really did mean piercing the heart. I guess at first glance I thought "striking" meant "hitting", and glossed over "deep into".
Oh Zuko, still so determined to suffer alone.
Hope work is well!
I'm ready to click next and hit the 50th chapter!
FFFG chapter 50 . 5/22
I'm so torn! On the one hand we got a lot of interesting happenings with team Sokka, including the chilling interaction with Azula. On the other we heard diddly-squat about team Katara. Not to mention that Toph is still being held for some nefarious purpose and I'm so worried about her. Iroh and Biyu are together at least. Just... gah! I want Mai to be safe and she's in so much hot water right now, the second her identity is affirmed I fear for her so much. As for Shizue, give Long Feng hell, honey! KTN
Excellent!
monkeybaby chapter 50 . 5/22
Thumbs-up
QueenBbrony chapter 50 . 5/22
I enjoy reading the relationship between Azula aand Jet.
Gothic girl chapter 50 . 5/22
Awesome job! Everytime you update I keeping hoping that we'll find out something out about the undying fire. I really hope we find something out soon over all I can't believe your almost done with this amazing story.
A Frozen Shadow chapter 50 . 5/22
Great work ;)
Kate Cambarshky chapter 50 . 5/21
I am really looking forward to seeing how this story ends up. Update soon! - Kate
Laurie chapter 50 . 5/21
I've never liked Mai. She was moody and, as even her boyfriend said, blah. You've got me liking her in this story, though. Sokka is always great when written right. The comic relief is cover for the fact that he's also the group's clearest thinker. You get that. The Azula and Jet combo continues to be worrying. She may turn on him just to prove he means nothing to her! Looking forward to your next update!
cresswellshipper17 chapter 50 . 5/21
Sokka should have listened to his instincts, but where else can they go for help? Also, I hope Katara's boys are doing ok. And Toph! Needs to be rescued before she gets brainwashed herself.

Love the chemistry btw Azula and Jet, lol! Too bad she still plans to betray him at the end, but I love how she feels betrayed by her heart which she probably attributes to puberty. Lol. Hopefully, that will be her ulitimate undoing. Unrealistic, I know, but still... Lol.

I hope Sokka is still able to outsmart Azula and protect his friends. If Ty Lee thinks Luan is a guy, will she flirt with him? Lol. Please let it happen. I want to read Mai and Sokka's reactions.

Congrats on your 50th chapter! Looking forward to more!
depressedchildren chapter 50 . 5/21
Every time I read this fic, I am astounded by the changes and the challenges. I personally struggle with creating dire circumstances for the characters within the canon universe that aren't just replications. Truly, your writing surprises and inspires me each time. I do have to admit, this is a bit like a D&D campaign where the GM just keeps throwing things at the players without giving them a chance to recuperate (like fighting a young dragon and then an duragar army -_-).
From experience it is exhausting because the suspense is always so high. Even as a reader, I am feeling fatigued for the characters. However, it is accurate to when things go south, but it will only make the moments of lull that much stranger. I don't know. Perhaps the recent chapters have just been so intense the balance feels thrown? It feels like the story is careening toward some sort of climax and each chapter is attempting to up the energy. It's certainly good but exhausting (if that makes sense?). How much worse are things going to get? Really this is so well done, but that is my only critique, I guess, yet even that is not really a issue. I will stop rambling, but hopefully something with in that made some sort of sense.
As always, this has been a delight to read.
BillCiTheDemonGuy chapter 50 . 5/21
Ah, poor Sokka. He's trying so hard and now he has to work with /Azula./
Plucie chapter 50 . 5/21
Daaaaaaaaamn. That shit with Azula is creeping me out, there's just no possible way this is gonna end well.

Anyways. Thanks for updating, I really, really enjoyed this chapter! (even though it leaves me really uneasy)
Magyka13 chapter 50 . 5/21
Oh my merry stars that was a gripping chapter
1,573 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »