Reviews for The Undying Fire
Mr. Haziq chapter 33 . 9/17
Binge read this all in one go! I really love the story!
silent-raven98 chapter 25 . 9/9
"The truth is not an easy burden to carry... Sometimes, it can even destroy us. That is why we, as humans, prefer to look at the shadows on the wall, glimpsing only echoes of what the sun might reveal." Rant time:
This section REALLY stood out to me today and I ended up having this sense of déjà vu. It's weird but I had just gone over something like to this in my English class today. We were discussing Plato's Allegory of The Cave in connection to a section in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. You're wording about preferring the "shadows on the wall, glimpsing only echoes of what the sun might reveal" us what got me and immediately made me think of the ending Plato's allegory. Sorry for rambling but it was just a crazy experience that made me stop and think for a while.
Hobbyist Writer chapter 33 . 9/6
This is really, really good and I hope it will be continued.
We-have-problems chapter 33 . 8/20
This is one of the hands down best Avatar fanfiction I have ever read. And I do not say that lightly, because I have read A LOT of fanfiction. From the way you characterize people to your writing style this is a masterpiece and I can't wait to read more.
MetroNeko chapter 33 . 8/17
You know the interesting thing about this is that this also opened up some thoughts about my own spiritual journey, thanks for that.
MetroNeko chapter 27 . 8/17
Poor Zuko, he's going to be so disappointed after he sees the devastation Zhao unleashed on the library. The jerk...
MetroNeko chapter 2 . 8/15
I'm enjoying this so much. I don't know why Iroh's slightly pervy attraction to June never set me off like this in the show, but it sure did in this story. I'm looking forward to when this story goes more in depth with Zuko's healing powers and his forming bond with the Gaang...
emletish chapter 33 . 8/8
What a great chapter. This is a huge development! I'm so excited to see where you take this.
emletish chapter 30 . 8/8
Great chapter! Lovely philosophical points. I was told the butterfly story when learning about to teach kids fractions. (The whole point being if you just tell them the answers, they'll never learn. You guide, but they've got to work through the problem on their own). Maybe it's an aussie thing?
emletish chapter 23 . 8/8
Oooh so much drama! It's amazing how much difference one little twist can make, like Zuko being able to heal, and yet this chapter still stays very faithful to that episode, but with really realistic differences.

Well done.
emletish chapter 22 . 8/8
I'm a whole year late to this party, but just starting reading this again. So many updates! This chapter was so intense and dramatic, but I am so glad the truth is finally out!
I love me a well-written Iroh section. c: Hey, I read this fic a long time ago, when it was like half as long as it is now. I'm so relieved to see it continued! Thank you for writing and sharing with us.
It's such a pleasent surprise to come back to an old story I bookmarked over a year ago and see it doing so well! Congrats :)
This story really is great. You've kept the integrity of each character and stayed true to the show while creating your own story. Each moment makes me smile, or cry, or rage with the characters. You have a gift here, for sure. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Quiche.exe chapter 33 . 7/9
Who needs responsibilities and sleep when a story like this exists? NOT THIS GUY! gotta say, I lost faith in avatar fics a few years ago, even though they were what got me into fanfiction in the first place. Your story has managed to rekindle that hope, congrats. This is by far one of my favorite stories in a loooong time. Keep up the good work, and I'll make sure to applaud.
DarknessRebel chapter 33 . 7/7
Yay! And I'm kinda sad too. I really love this story and how you developed the plot in a way that's believable. That when actions are made, it changes things and I think you did a grand ole job on that. My only dismay is that it'll be awhile before you finish but I'm definitely looking forward to it!
Keep up the good work and happy writing! Cheers!
1,074 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »