Reviews for The Undying Fire: Balance
Chmia chapter 16 . 11/10/2020
Thank you for writing. That was a wonderful story!
kit94 chapter 16 . 10/6/2020
Loved this story! Your writing style is very fluid and you pulled your plot together beautifully :)
I especially liked how you handled Azula’s redemption arc!
Thank you for writing this!
cyathula chapter 16 . 9/6/2020
Wow what a ride. I consider myself lucky that I got to read what, seven? years of your hard work in the past many days. I remember following you when you were still writing up to around book 3 before Real Life got in the way.

This is one of the few stories where Azula redeemed herself, and I absolutely loved how she got to say her piece of mind to Ozai. And the siblings teaming up against Ozai! That must’ve been cathartic for both of them to finally stand up against their nightmare father. Thank you for writing such an epic story!
Dexaf chapter 16 . 9/2/2020
well i have finished to read all this story from book 1 to book 5 and i can say that this story is different from another story and that's great. from the beginning when Zuko saved Aang from Zhao and when Zuko got struck with lightning and the journey as a blue spirit that was an amazing plot and you did that better to describe Zuko behavior from when he still a banished prince to a great fire healer with all the kind of other people.

i love when you trying to bond Zuko and Katara with Thoph (i see that they were like a father and mother when Thoph still shake from kidnapped). this story is full of Surprise and well i like it all and i found that relationships between Sokka with Mai is interesting but it's kind of odd (but it's still great).

i hoped that in the end of story Zuko could take Katara to an marriage offer and Happy ending (but it still ok with this ending too (sorry if my English was bad)). oh and don't forget about Azula, in this story i see that you could make Azula see the lights of live and be a good people i liked it so much.

thanks for make this awesome books. good job
blahblahbayern chapter 16 . 5/3/2020
I was hesitant to start this chapter because that meant that the story would come to an end, and I didn't really want to say goodbye just yet.

It's been a while since I read it. And then I would put off writing a comment every day because I felt like I had to write something special here. Well, that's natural since it was and is special to me. I'm so lucky to have read it as an ongoing. You know, the anticipation, the drama, the fluff, the hope.

Thank you for taking us on this journey, exploring the characters, giving us the interactions we didn't know we needed.

I can't put into words how much I love the Undying Fire.
Surge41 chapter 16 . 5/3/2020
Boy oh boy where do I start? I think I can safely say this (I'm including all 5 books as one story) is one of the most well done Avatar stories I've read. Honestly what put it over the top was the fantastic character development. Everyone clearly changed over time, but you spaced it out so well. Nothing felt rushed and it all made sense why a character reacted a certain way. Plus, as a bonus, your slow burn relationships were actually slow! It took five books for Zuko and Katara to hook up (finally!) but you built up their relationship so well. From stranger to acquaintance to friend to love, it all flowed so well. Also, I've never EVER read a story that had Sokka and Mai get together without either one of them being prisoner or some other forced relationship trope. Honestly I thought you did even better with those two than with Zuko and Katara, even though they were technically side characters.

Your writing flowed well, your grammar was impeccable (which is honestly a make or break for me), your characters all felt truly human, and the plot, oh boy that was fun. I'm a huge fan of the "for want of a nail" trope, where one little change ripples thought a plot, and this one was very well done. Ignoring Korra and the comics, everything you wrote technically could've happened if Aang had taken the arrow for Zuko in the show. There's no fire healers in the show, but they're secretive enough where there totally could've been and we just never knew about it. I enjoyed the short time that you ran with the "Zuko joins team Avatar and they follow the exact same plot", but I'm really glad you slowly broke away from the show storyline. Those types of stories eventually just start to get repetitive, but you did it classily. Just a few highlights, some occasional word-for-word, and let our memories of the show fill in the blanks. And then when you went on your own path the story really took off. Azula was a fantastic villain and her redemption arc was very well fleshed out and seemed to make sense for who she was. She's still a cold, calculating prodigy, but once the lies of her childhood were stripped away, she got a little better. Definitely not a good person, but far from where she started.

All in all, this was a great read and I'm totally saving this entire series so that once the details get foggy enough where I forget (because I probably read way too much fanfic) I can come back and enjoy it all over again. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this, I'm just sad that it's over.
A Summer's Melody chapter 16 . 4/25/2020
This entire series got me through a week of the madness of this time we’re living in. This was a truly incredible story to read, full of plot, character development, and a little romance. The only let down is not seeing Changpu or Biyu one last time, which isn’t really a let down at all. You served every single character well, and while this does feel like the end, the story finishes at a beginning. It’s no wonder people would hanker for a sequel. Thank you for breaking up 95 chapters into ‘books’; it made the structure more coherent. I’m so glad I stumbled into this series. You’re an incredible writer.
blahblahbayern chapter 15 . 3/18/2020
To be honest, I had to take a break in the middle to calm myself down a little, even knowing that you find it hard to kill characters. I'm so glad the the whole Shūrin business is done before the comet. I imagine how much harder for them that could have been. I feel relieved now though. I hope, those not present in this chapter did fine, too.
blahblahbayern chapter 14 . 3/18/2020
It was a surprisingly entertaining chapter to read. I mean the things were not too tense, even with Shūrin in the picture. I absolutely loved Azula speaking back to Ozai. She came so far!
blahblahbayern chapter 13 . 3/11/2020
Another great chapter! I feel a little anxious to go to the final chapters though :D

It's heartwarming to see Zuko and Azula have a healthier sibling dynamics after all she came through. Thank you!

Apparently, I had commented on the chapter 13 before the story turned into separate books, so I cannot do this again unless I log off, lol.
Pandapartay chapter 16 . 2/29/2020
Wow. Just wow. I have binge read this story so quickly and it was amazing the whole way through. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into crafting this. Awesome ideas, new twists on characters that still felt authentic and new characters who felt real and funny.
blahblahbayern chapter 12 . 2/25/2020
Reading this chapter was such a pleasure! Shameless Zutara fluff is something I truly need right now. I'm glad they worked that out.

Also, the bonding moment between Ursa and Katara was really sweet! It's so heartwarming seeing them interact like this.

Thanks for making it all happen!
Link chapter 16 . 2/14/2020
I am weak towards stories that has a strong brotp as main protagonists. You got me reading the whole saga for a whole day, I'm sleepy as heck but that was worth it!
Neal aka Lowkojr chapter 16 . 1/26/2020
Absolutely love this fanfiction. I think I’ll go take a look at some of your other works.
HgSpartan chapter 16 . 12/28/2019
Great story. I enjoyed it:)
3,082 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »