Reviews for Would I lie to you, Georgey?
RandomGerman chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Why do I like the tragic parts of your stories so much? The emotion comes across so well...
sevenphoenixtears chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Love this. I don't read many twin fics but this makes me want to read more. I love how they both loved Fred, I love how George was just sitting on the edge of the astronomy tower, I love how Angelina vows to help George through the rough. And how she is honest with him.

"Recognising the scratches of others is a selfless trait when you have been stabbed in the chest." My absolutely favourite part, it made me double take and I read it again and thought about it. Love it. Great story. Thanks.
ZvarriMyDearWatson chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Funny, as I was reading this story I just so happened to get something stuck in my eye. Yep, that's why my eyes are watering. Totally.

... *sniffle* ...

That was so, so good in such a bittersweet way. I especially appreciate that you wrote it from Angelina's point of view; it's different, and it works. You bring across the utter helplessness of dealing with grief, and particularly the grief of a friend, so well.

There are only a few things that I want to point out. The first is this section:

"George will have the distinction his brother never did. If my dear friend makes it through the ordeal of losing the other half of his whole, his best friend and twin brother he will be without a doubt:

The bravest man I could ever have the fortune of meeting."

The structure of this line is a bit confusing, and a touch ungrammatical. I would put it this way, instead:

"George will have the distinction his brother never did. If my dear friend makes it through the ordeal of losing the other half of his whole, his best friend and twin brother, he will be without a doubt the bravest man I could ever have the fortune of meeting."

I know that this puts the phrase "the bravest man..." in the same paragraph as the rest, but I don't think it needs to be separated out to have impact; it's very strong as it is.

Secondly, this part: "He doesn't seem to notice, or doesn't care and for the first time in his life, does something that I say and closes his eyes."

Once again, the sentence is a little convoluted and hard to make out. Honestly, in this case, I think it is stronger if most of it is cut, and instead it reads: "For the first time in his life he does something that I say, and closes his eyes."

Finally, this: ""Help me," came a small voice in the dark, requesting my help as his hands knotted in my jumper." It is very evocative and emotional, but 'requesting my help' is... somewhat redundant. "Help me" is a request for help in and of itself, so I would cut out 'requesting my help'.

Other than these two really minor quibbles of mine, this story is excellently written. Now, to get this stuff out of my eye before someone sees me all teary-like...