Reviews for Journal of a Young Vampire
kimmyjean chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I am always looking for a good vampire read, and this one looks like it will be a fine one. Please, please continue writing! I look forward to more chapters.

thanks in advance,

Theoneandonly Mrs EdwardCullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Intersting start. I can't wait to rerad more :)
susanpr chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Great start! I love this Edward's voive! can't wait for more
eveneven chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Great start! I hope you will continue this story!
Camilla10 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I suppose this is just a first chapter of a longer story. AU since Edward seems interested in a girl ... I am curious
trisha63 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Wow, gal it was so nice to read from you again. I believe the last thing you wrote was back in the winter, so this was most welcome. I really liked listening to Edward's journal and it has so much potential. It would probably be tedious if you wrote each month by month, but can totally see speeding it up a bit to emphasis on each major happening in his life. Like when Carlisle brought Esme, Rosalie and Emmett into their family, and especially when he rebelled and went on his own. I have always wondered what he was thinking when he gave in to the more baser vampire desires, as well, as how be felt when he came back home like the pridigal son. Anyway, I sure hope you continue as I would love to read it. Take care, Trisha :}
betsmecullen chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I adore this. This Edward has an extraordinary amount of control for being a newborn. I was expecting chaotic thoughts and rampant, whiplash emotions. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Hope your muse strikes you hard and often.

Write on. Update when you can.
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I was so into this! I really hope you continue it. I love reading about Edward's early days, gaining little insights and reading new things about that time in his life. I really loved it.
BittenBee chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Love this so far! The tone and voice is very likable, which is so important for journal entry style fiction. Edward is direct and still learning his way. I also like what's happening in the setting- the repetition of visiting his childhood home, the culture tension between different nationalities, and now his attention on Celeste.

I like this part: Now I know how ghosts feel: like a glass wall has been placed between them and the rest of the world,and one can only watch the world continue on, unable to reach out and touch anything or anyone.
jansails chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
There's not a lot written about the early days of Edward's vampire life & what is out there usually deals with his 'rebellious' period.

This was very enjoyable as we saw Edward remembering his human life, dealing with the death or loss of everyone & everything he had loved or known in his human life.

We learned about Edward's beginnings as a young vampire male, what he experienced with Carlisle, what he enjoyed about his vampire attributes, how difficult his 'gift' made things for him out in public.

And then there is Edward's slowly awakening sexual self, seeking intimacy, sharing conversation, likes & dislikes, getting know the opposite sex.

I did think you left the end of the chapter/story at an odd place- discussion of a pennant race in baseball?

lisamichelle17 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I really love Edward's journal entries. It gives me more insight into his relationship with Carlisle and also at how he thinks. It was something that I felt was missing in the Twilight Series among other things. Edward is without a doubt a newborn in this chapter. I loved how Carlisle cared for him. He is a good role model for him in his journey. I also am intrigued that you gave Edward a love interest. He is very much attracted to Celeste. I'm really curious at how far that will go. He is also very much a gentleman. I would love it if you were to continue. I have missed your writing, greatly. If that is not in the plans I totally understand. Thank you for writing.
The Oldest One chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Great story-I hope you continue!

Something tells me the thing with Celeste is not going to end well.

Small correction: spinneret duct for extruding fibers spinet small piano
ulyses birdwing chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I'm loving the details and beautiful quality of your writing. I'm looking forward to hopefully reading more of your fine prose.
katinki chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Ah! Enjoyed this quite a bit. I love the details that you added: Edward viewing his own grave, him helping Carlisle, the hunting, etc. And I really loved this for some reason: "Once I followed a nun all the way into Naperville because I was so taken by the tenor of her thoughts." That's lovely. Thanks for writing and for sharing. I hope you do decide to add more. :)

Beans827 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I love hearing young Edward's thoughts. You have definitely done him justice. Hope this goes on and on! Thanks for sharing it.