Reviews for In the Cooler
Car45 chapter 3 . 11/2/2014
I like it. I like the perspective of one of the "Worker ants" that aren't specialist of any kind.
SaraiEsq chapter 3 . 9/17/2014
:-)
Glossina chapter 3 . 8/12/2013
LOL, I like these three chapters. I always felt kind of sorry for those two guys.
Marie1964 chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
A great story exploring the two different characters and how they would fee about their situation. Both of them are very human, and the last chapter was a good laugh.
Susan M. M chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
"Sometimes second string's not so bad." Excellent characterization, and a fun story. Danke for sharing it.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 3 . 5/15/2012
Wonderful conclusion Goldleaf. Very well done story.
dust on the wind chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
Very neatly rounded off, with a perfect refutation of Davis's thesis provided straight from the episode. A satisfying end to a very engaging story.
konarciq chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
By the way, don't we get to see when they get out? ;-D
konarciq chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
Oh, that realization in the end that he finally had a bit of privacy was great. Never thought of that before! Next thing you know the guys might be volunteering for a night in the cooler!

Loved the picture you painted about Hogan chewing out those two other guys, and the guys' reactions to them. And Carter's ever cheerful remark about finally being able to catch up on some sleep ;-)

The one little minus point for me in this chapter was the notation of Newkirk's rant. Apparently, for me the consistent replacing of *two* different letters by an apostrophe (instead of just the H) made for the beginnings of a linguistic puzzle, and probably more so because it was a fairly long text. I know there's a whole thread devoted to it on the forum, I believe, but really - having to puzzle out what is being said is seriously nudging me out of the story.

If you want to know more on the problem, please refer to the forum thread! :-)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
Awesome and amazing! :D I have soo loved this story! :D And I think this is the best chapter! 'Now I'm more mud than dirt!' LOL! :) I also really like the way Newkirk gave that dude down the road,I smiled the whole way though! You've done very good work here! Thanks for writing! :)
buggleston chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
Fantastic ending! Loved the surprise in Barnes voice when he heard the familar voices of the core team and I can picture the Davis surprise ,also so now being on second string dosen't seem so bad after all when this core team really takes all the chances!

*Really liked this storyyour characters were plain Classic (HH) Again*thanks*
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
How absolutely perfect, to end this tale with everyone in the cooler! And of course that's how the episode ends, except we're not given the opportunity to see any of the poor guys there. Thanks for providing the missing scenes to give us that opportunity!

So it's been terrific to see the viewpoint of the second string, and now we see how the first string looks at the same situation. I love that you have Newkirk, of all people, defend the Colonel's decision-making when the incorrigible Davis tries to make the situation an officer vs. enlisted man issue.

Your description of Kinch's voice really defines him as a character: 'Kinch's calm, convincing, deep-pitched voice, laced with an authority that no one in the barrack disputes, and that even the Colonel listens to.'

And indeed all of the Heroes are so well depicted that we recognize them instantly. Which brings me to the realization that the entire scene is presented to us by what Barnes is hearing, while he is all alone in his cell. So well done!

I enjoyed the entire story immensely, and I join Davis in his appreciation of the guys' description of the chewing-out the Colonel gave Braden and Mills!
c0ffeeVaMpire chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Great story! Well written and thoroughly enjoyed it
Snooky chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
Nice ending. And while it is true that the second string may gripe about their sacrifices; in the end they realize the core group are the ones in the most danger.
snowleopard13 chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
Nice story on the cooler side of things. I always feel sorry for the guys who have to pay the price for one of Col. Hogans schemes. Your right on when Col Klink decides that putting Col. Hogan's men in the cooler hurts him more than just sending him to the cooler. With almost half the men from barracks 2 in the cooler the rest of the barracks will have to work hard if anything else comes up before the other men are released from the cooler.

I wonder what Col. Klink thinks when he is sending the men from barracks 2 to the cooler more than others. Men who work together to much to try an escape need separated I guess it's a good thing for Col. Hogan that the Kommandant never gets that idea. How long is it going to take Col. Klink to calm down after this last escape attempt so Col Hogan can talk Col. Klink into letting his men out of the cooler?

Maybe the next story can let us see how hard Col. Hogan has to work on Col. Klink to get his men release especially when Col. Klink isn't as receptive this time.

Very good story and keep the wonder stories coming.