Reviews for A Mother's Love
If you’re interested I would love some stories of Shmi’s wedding and pregnancy.
Heather B chapter 36 . 1/11
I have really enjoyed this story and there is plenty of room for sequels. However I feel that now, six years on, if you looked back you will be horrified at some of the errors.
As a product of the British education system pre Comprehensive Schools I have had to restrain my inner grammar nazi on many occasions. At the very least get yourself a good dictionary and Roget's Thesaurus and many of the errors will just go away. Looking forward to the rest of this series and wishing you good luck with future endeavours.
Heather B chapter 16 . 1/5
In chapter one when you first used relieve when it should have been relive I figured it to be a typo/autocorrect issue, now it's just bringing out my inner grammar nazi. Please have a care with getting the right word, and the right phrasing, now I think about it. I really hate having to critique someone else’s writing style, so sorry, hope you're not too offended. I only really do this when I’m really enjoying the story. Can't wait to finish this one and read the rest of the stories.
Heather B chapter 11 . 1/5
Why is there a co-pilot's chair in a room of the lake retreat? (Last section) I get the impression this scene was originally plotted to be aboard a senatorial yacht or similar.
Heather B chapter 6 . 1/4
Query: Right at the start of the chapter - eighteen months into his Jedi training; nearly ten at the start and just turned twelve at the end... How did Anakin get to have three birthdays in eighteen months?
Heather B chapter 35 . 1/3
Coldlessly? Really? I think you'll find this isn't an actual word!
KMH1 chapter 36 . 12/19/2018
A truly enjoyable read. I really liked the character you created in Shmi. The dialogue wasn't forced, but flowed well and the pacing was good. I wanted to skip to a bit more plot and I was on a time crunch, so I skimmed over a couple of battle scenes (sorry!), but even doing so, your storyline was solid. There are a couple of small grammar quirks, but it was easily understood regardless- scrupulous vs. unscrupulous, then vs than. For a story this large though, I was very impressed.
Thank you so much for sharing your time and considerable talent.
Q-A the Authoress chapter 36 . 5/30/2018
I do love a happy ending.

Keep on Writin' and Rockin'
jayley chapter 36 . 2/18/2018
that was great! i love how shmi's presence made anakin's character so much more controlled and closer to the jedi teachings, which still being anakin like. i admit i didn't care that much for padme here, i usually like her but her aotc appearances here had her coming across as an obstacle for anakin to bypass instead of the love of his life (though in the rots section she really grew on me!). but poor obi-wan! those two death chapters had me yanked all around what with continually thinking now he's REALLY dead, no wait now:)
Doc Junior chapter 36 . 12/28/2017
nice story
thanks !
Doc Junior chapter 2 . 12/26/2017
Soooo cuuuute i nearly cried. okay i cried
beelzeebub chapter 36 . 10/13/2017
great writing , truly enjoyed it.
Mallahwk25 chapter 23 . 6/25/2017
So the first typo I've noticed but during the clone wars the republic used AT-TE's not AT-AT's very minor I just thought you should know. Also it's very interesting for an American to be reading a British style story
SigningSiren chapter 31 . 5/4/2017
Intense. I like Anakin's own troopers being used against him backfiring in a way. I am concerned that Ventress will go after Shmi, Padme and Ahsoka. Poor Obi-Wan is probably going to suffer a lot more- you really are putting him through a lot in this story, but he can hopefully handle it. I'm imagine that the Chancellor has plans within plans. It's all very nerve-wracking and I'm glad I can read it all at once instead of having to wait like your original readers.
SigningSiren chapter 22 . 5/3/2017
AHHH! I love Anakin making the connections about Palpatine. It's a scary connection for him to make, but one I feel he would come to after Shmi made him look at the Chancelor's actions with a skeptical eye.
So, in the original Palps makes Anakin suspicious of those who care about him and want what is best for him in order to manipulate him. In this version, Shmi, wanting to do what was best for him, made him suspicious of someone who wanted to manipulate him. What a difference having someone you trust who loves you unconditionally around makes.
Also, I think Obi-Wan's recovery is progressing as one would expect. Those on the outside always want it to go faster than the victim can truly handle, but emotions don't often heal in one big dramatic moment. It's good that he's starting to be willing to open up, but it would be hard for such a selfless person to want to burden others with the weight of their suffering