Reviews for Battered Flowers
Zuzu's Petals chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Well done! I always dreamed of a much more satisfying ending to Blonde On Blonde and this fits the bill. Thank you!
atlasmoon chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I just came across this yesterday and was excited to read it! I was feeling cold all day until everyone in the cafe car had reached their destinations, and I was left alone to focus on this piece. In a few short moments I felt warm, as though I was sitting before a crackling fire. A small grin crept across my face.

What I love about this piece is how you portray them as adolescents, but in the best, most endearing way. It's as though they're both discovering love for the very first time. It's lovely and touching to read Maddie as more encouraging to David. Sure, they had their moments of spat but it gave them more time: for David to restore his fortitude in her presence; for Maddie to prepare for what her instincts told her he was about to say.
skywithdiamond chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Thanks so much for writing this. Amazing how more than 2 decades after this episode, and the TV show aired, we are still affected by it and wish that the end results could have been so different.

I loved your story. It was true to the characters, and I think many ML fan wishes this is what actually happened!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Not had time to read much of late but read this this morning and loved it!. Tender, sweet, true to exactly what could have happened, funny and the happy ending that we all watched with baited breath for BOB was first aired! Those poor flowers...and What line?
bluemoongirl27 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This story is very romantic and tender. I love how you use the flowers as the catalyst to moving the plot along. It is incredibly sweet when David finally gives Maddie the flowers and her reaction to them because they represent his feelings for her. What were just a bunch of battered flowers to her suddenly could be an entire beautiful bouquet of blooms. I also love what David says when Maddie asks him why he loves her and that Maddie opens up to him about her fears about herself. And of course I love what Maddie says to David to end the story, just beautiful.
Bluemoon Stranger chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I loved your version. Loved how typically Maddie doesn't let him talk but instantly jumps to conclusions and hides behind her defenses. I loved how Maddie finally admits how she feels and of course..how she asks him to make love to her a the end...swoon..