Reviews for Friends
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Third one of your Sherlock stories I've read and favourited. I am VERY picky, so take it as significant. "Getting a grip" is what you do- very well. And focussing in on that casual correction of Sherlock's friend to John's colleague is one of the keys to their early relationship. It was an amazing piece of writing by Moffatt/Gattis and you explore the consequences so well.
spinner12 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
I liked it. Good scene studies.
Living in a fantasy chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Ooo I loved this. I loved John's inner thoughts over their friendship.
chestry007 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
" all means just put on the telly and sit around ignoring the fact that her skirt just changed lengths between shots, the extra's have completely swapped positions and I very much doubt that that evidence would hold up in court as it's entirely circumstantial and -" - Holy cow, i notice that stuff all the time. Once I "grew up" I learned to hush about it, though, bevause everyone thinks you're weird when you talk about stuff like that. :-)

Brilliant story. Well done.
Basser chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
D'awwww. That was super sweet. I just completely love John as a paternal-ish babysitter/keeper/pal, it's so much more believable (and frankly, I think, more dramatically interesting) than the whole sleeping-together business. They're not really all that compatible as lovers I don't think, but damned if they don't compliment each other beautifully as friends.

I'm jealous of your ability to write John, seriously. Great balance of smarts (he IS a doctor after all) and still being a bit dense compared to Sherlock. Oh and Sherlock's little rant about the telly, with John being not-quite-supportive was somehow both tragic and hilarious at the same time and altogether brilliant.

Anyway poignant and sweet and aww, I loved it! Thank you for the great read!
Nachtderwolf chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Lovely story! I thoroughly enjoy the little insights to thier ungainly relationship, always makes you feel a bit closer to them :)

This was spot on for John's pysche, in my opinion, slendid job! Thanks!
VaticanCameos123 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I love this! You've really conveyed John's loyalty and patience well, along with making me laugh a few times :) They are all really in character, and I can picture all of this happening vividly too. Well done! (It's Olive by the way :D )
Kokoroyume chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Great story :)

Thank you !
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
You did a terrific job of capturing John and Sherlock's personalities here, and their voices as well. It was nice to see John's gradual realisation that they really are friends and that this is most likely going to be the most important friendship either of them has ever had.

Given I've loved every episode so far I must admit that one single moment - when John corrected Sebastian - has always bothered me. It felt a bit jarring and I couldn't quite see why John would have done it, plus I felt sorry for Sherlock under the circumstances. Even if we didn't get to see it onscreen I'm glad to have something I can refer to now which resolves things.

There were several bits I really enjoyed, from Sherlock's rant when he was bored (completely spot-on character wise and reminded me of the pub scene in 'Hounds of Baskerville') to John bribing Sherlock to eat but I think my favourite finally was the conversation between John and Lestrade at the end. It was a really nice touch to have John correct his initial mistake, knowing Sherlock would get the message, and it managed to be heartwarming without ever seeming over the top or mushy. It was exactly the type of thing I could see happening in an episode :)
FindingRainbows chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Oh that was a lovely read. People are quick to state their friendships these days with things like facebook etc but we all know who our true friends are at the end of the day and I love that you've shown John realising that Sherlock will probably become the best of his. Love the little interludes with Lestrade too; could definitely picture those exchanges taking place. It seems to me that John was developing a friendship there too... :-)
From Rue with Love chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Amazing! I've only just gotten in to watching the series, and I've already fell in love with it! This is just great, really amazing work. :)
TypewriterTardis chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
No wonder you had fun writing this! I had soooo much fun reading this! I especially loved bit about Mrs. Hudson dusting- "Conclusion: she is in fact our housekeeper" That was brilliant.
Bateau chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I really like the characterization here :) keep writing!