Reviews for The Doctor and The Country
Dragonfire78 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
This was so sweet! The Doctor just visiting because he felt like it, not because Earth was in danger. Great job!
mavic chen chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
All right,sorry. But he never complained about landing in England, did he? And though he resented being stranded, it was more that it was Earth, not Britain. This just seems to be one of those fics written by Americans where the Doctor makes derisive comments about the British, and bemons the fact that, no matter how many times he regenerates, he can't lose the British accent, as if he's really trying to. Superman's an alien but no one would deny he's American. Same thing.
PerfectingSilence chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I absolutely love this! Brilliant job!
Vicky Malta chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Sorry for the swearing, but I was really mad at the time and I swear for no reason in a daily basis
But yes, you were rude. You could have said that you didn't like this fanfic in a more gentel God's sake, you could have said some contructive thing for the author to get better if you wanted to
And neither I or her said that the Doctor doesn't likes Britain or Earth, he loves it! Everyone knows that. But it hasn't always been like that, the First Doctor considered himself supirior of humans , and,of course, the Third Doctor didn't have a choice but to stay in here, it was punishment given by the Time Lords! He didn't actually stayed here by his will(I'm not saying he doesn't like Earth OR Britain, it's just a fact).
And BTW is kinda obvious that The Doctor comes to Britain more because it's a British show, there was no need to state that... But I don't want to start a fight mate, I just really thought you were being very rude, so I felt the need to say something
mavic chen chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
The Doctor keeps coming back to Britain because he wants to. That and there'sa general tendency to set Earth-based stories in Britain because Doctor Who's British. I'm rude? I haven't been swearing.
Vicky Malta chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
For the last fucking rude person (mavic chen)
You can be more delicade if you didn't like some aspect of the writing, you know?
And she said it's her first fic, you fucking idiot, a little bit of empathy goes well in this situation
In no moment she said that the Doctor was 'ashamed' of coming to Britain, you ignorant shit, can't you read? She wrote that he was sad because a lot of shit happened to him there, and ain't that true?
I fucking hate rude people, gosh
mavic chen chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
The Doctor is NOT ashamed of coming to Britain. If he is, why hasn't he said so on the many, many times he's been there? Have you ever seen the Fifth Doctor-1982-84?
AndDownWeGO chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I really like this! It's short, bittersweet, and very well written!
Sarpndo chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
awww, happiness.
PhoenixOfWind chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Yup. I approve that fanfic. LOLZ It's just that... Men! It's Doctor Who & England! What else could I ask for?
Dreyma chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I like your writing style! I imagined Eleven. Thanks for this!
QueenOfBeasts chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
This was sweet and sad and I loved it! I can the Eleventh Doctor as the Doctor here, traveling alone while laying low after his "death".
Anon ehehehehe chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Good job! I liked it :333
person chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
What a cute story! I cried so very much! Keep writing
Klarahalfbred chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Wow, this is really heart warming. Love it.