Reviews for The Bell of Chirin: an untold second story
Chironex27 chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
Not exactly the positive ending you said it would (though I assume that comes with later chapters), but continuing this as a sequel does present an opportunity for further growth for Chirin. I actually understand how you could feel unsatisfied with the original ending for this kind of reason; it seemed so defeatist, with absolutely no hope. This new ending is still quite dark, but has the potential to develop into something more positive.
Speedykitten1643 chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
I just got done watching this movie myself and I believe it does deserve a happier ending. I wonder how you will go about it but I really hope you continue the story and will update it soon.
Draph91 chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
dear good this is good, continue this
NoXVZhuusox chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Excuse me, I know it has been a long time but is this still being continued!
NoRatCat chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Well this was an interesting and great find while I surfed the web. I honestly did not expect to find fanfiction to Chirin no Suzu. Although this mostly consisted of recollection and a summary of the movie, I think you have a good concept in mind. To be honest, I love the idea of a sequel to this film. Although I admit, the ending is sad but beautiful, I would have liked to know what happened to Chirin at the end. Although some could argue he died what with the implication of snow and all, but then again, he could have spent the rest of his days alone on that mountain. However, who knows for sure?

I think you captured Chirin's emotions well. That bit was short but enough to tell a good story. Well I noticed you posted this several months ago but you also mentioned it would take you a while to come out with chapters. I am going to fav and follow this fanfic and I certainly hope you continue this. You know oddly enough, I had my own idea for a sequel as well.

Once more, thanks for writing a great start to a promising story, and I certainly hope to see more.
Bovine Beauty chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
You know, I remember this cartoon from my childhood. But did not understand the whole plot or the hidden message behind it until I saw it again on Youtube. I discovered that it was written as a political statement toward the emperor of Japan during the post WWII society. The artists of that film were children from that time that lost so much when their families were forced to go to war; at the cost of their mothers' lives and childhoods lost after that. Everything I had seen in the film made me wonder if this is how it really was for those people to experience the same way Chirin did. And if it was, I would go on questioning why we have wars in this world if all it does is bring nothing but pain, hatred, and death.

Anyways, in my personal opinion, even though Chirin had chosen the wrong path when he vowed to become the very thing he wished to destroy, I believed he was still that same young lonely lamb deep down who only wants to be with his mother (even at the end of the film). For some reason, I hated how the movie ended because Chirin's story felt unfinished and it was never quite clearly explained what really happened to him after calling out to the wolf in vain. I usually hate sad endings, but I do understand that sometimes in life there are no happy endings. Still it would have been nice to show more of what happened with Chirin at the end because it made me believe that no one deserves to be alone like that. If there are to be more chapters in this story, then I hope Chirin is somehow able to find any shred of light that would help him to regret his past actions. If I were in Chirin's situation, all I would ever want is to be with my mother.