Reviews for Gratified By Your Company
SuperLorie chapter 13 . 5/19/2012
Fantastic story!
2redbird chapter 13 . 5/14/2012
What a delightful story. Haven't enjoyed one so much in so long. The poem was bueariful!
queen of magicians chapter 13 . 5/12/2012
That's where you decided to end it!
robertwnielsen chapter 12 . 5/11/2012
Ramping up the anxiety level, I see...wonderful job, as always...and the kidnapping made for just the right level of intrigue and angst. Glad it all worked out in the end (as if I had any doubts.) :)
robertwnielsen chapter 11 . 5/11/2012
In the words of some of my favorite cartoon characters,

"Of course you realize, **THIS MEANS WAR!**"

Not war in the literal sense...but definitely a war against prejudice and the media...good that Amanda's brother and Sarek are on the same page about it. :) Wonderfully expressed, as always.

robertwnielsen chapter 10 . 5/11/2012
Found myself laughing a lot through this chapter because of the embarrassing situations between Sarek, Amanda, and other humans and Vulcans as the announcement of their engagement drew nigh. Wonderfully communicated, as always.

robertwnielsen chapter 9 . 5/11/2012
Well done...bringing Soran around to Sarek's way of thinking! :) And great job once again communicating the discomfort Sarek "feels" because of the Earth press and their attention to the relationship between him and Amanda.
robertwnielsen chapter 8 . 5/11/2012
Mothers, mothers! Annoying even in the 23rd century! :) Wonderful depiction of the conflict between T'Pau and Sarek.

robertwnielsen chapter 7 . 5/11/2012
Once again, it becomes more and more obvious how Sarek feels about Amanda (although, I'm sure he would deny "feeling" anything.) and the cultural difficulties he experiences from it. The conflict is beautifully captured once again.

robertwnielsen chapter 6 . 5/11/2012
Geez, the paparazzi can't leave *anybody* alone, can they? XD Wonderful chapter...can definitely see Sarek's growing confusion here...on the one hand, he knows he has feelings for Amanda...but his upbringing and the demands of his people are getting in the way - as evidenced by Soran's observations at the end of the chapter. :)

robertwnielsen chapter 5 . 5/11/2012
Well...so our imperturbable Vulcan is not so dignified, after all...seems he has a possessive streak! And, you've done a wonderful job bringing that out.

robertwnielsen chapter 4 . 5/11/2012
Sorry it took so long to continue reviewing...but once again, a wonderful roller-coaster ride into Sarek and Amanda's blooming romance...loved the sad part of Amanda remembering her parents' death, and how it drew her and Sarek closer.

GratefullyDead chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
So, seriously, very well done. I liked how you included all the parts of the other short stories you have posted. This was great. Now, where's the story of the honeymoon?
CupcakeGoodness101 chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
This was amazing! _
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
Writing "Gratified By Your Company" was nine months well spent, and I congratulate you on this excellent contribution to Sarek/Amanda lore. Really, it is at least among my top three Sarek/Amanda stories if not my favorite. Your spin on their origin story was well-plotted, the canonical characters were in character, and the pacing and detail were excellent. All the above drew me into your story, and though I had other things that I needed to be doing in Real Life, I couldn't do them because I couldn't stop reading this story. (I had to wait a few days to write this review because I was scrambling to catch up on all the things I had neglected, LOL!)

I appreciate your interpretation of the Vulcan point-of-view, both in Sarek and the embassy staff members. Many people write Vulcans as Humans with pointy ears. Although I believe that Vulcans and Human are similar in many motivations and thought processes, there are also biological imperatives and cultural considerations that create notable differences as well. You picked up on these and integrated them so very well, a rare treat for anyone reading fan fiction. Thank you for that.

The little embassy staff episodes, as staff members tried to interpret what was happening between the ambassador and Ms. Grayson, were among my favorite bits. Not only were they humorous, not only did they provide an outsider-looking-in perspective of the relationship, but, again, they offered more story texture and insight as these Vulcans considered the whole situation based on Vulcan-centric points-of-view (especially as they tried to interpret Human culture). T'Vey's efforts in trying to work within the whole Human media complex illustrated some of the culture clashes between Vulcan and Human attitudes and priorities.

Soran's comments and observations to Sarek provided some amusing slaps to Sarek's head (figuratively), and he kept the embassy Greek chorus in line and in tune with Sarek's pursuit of contentment.

You wrapped up the story beautifully with Sarek and Amanda's getaway and Stell & T'Lina's interesting mission. (Cute!) But what sums up this story for me most was this passage: "...Detective Sanchez, interviewed for his role in apprehending the extremists, when asked about the Vulcan ambassador, declared decisively, 'Anyone who thinks he doesn't love her just hasn't looked.'"

*Sigh* Thank you very much for this fun, humorous, and thoroughly enjoyable tale. Blessings...

-"Aashlee"