Reviews for Jet's Troubling Obsession
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
awesome story once again! I love this little insight into Jet's stalking habits. poor Zuko, he has people stalking him everywhere. I really like the way you portrayed zuko and Iroh's relationship here as well. and I really wonder at the tensions that would arise when they meet post war... I mean, if Jet has a thing for BOTH Katara and Zuko... oh dear... XDXD

hope to see an update on your stalking series soon!
Random Reviewer chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
This was funny. I enjoyed seeing a more in depth look of Jet stalking Zuko at Ba Sing Sei. I usually don't like Jetko, but I like how in this Jet has a man crush on Lee(Zuko) and is in total denial about it. This should complicate things when he reappears in Not Stalking Firelord Zuko. I'm trying to think about how different characters would react if they found out Jet has a thing for Zuko. Personally I think it would be funny if Sokka found out that he wouldn't be jealous, but offended that Jet found Zuko attractive and not him.
Punch A Fish In The Face chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
"Stop confusing me with your logic!"

Another hit. Good job.

You aren't killing Jet? And it fits with Stalking? -fangasm- -faints-
Charmed Ravenclaw chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
This is brilliant. I can't wait for an update on this. Normally I don't like jetko - even though as soon as I saw the episode on ATLA I knew the fangirls would be right on it - most jetko is extremely poorly written. Mainly, either Jet or Zuko come off as... kinda feminine. But here Jet is friggin hilarious. I love bisexual Jet. I love how he is turned on by Zuko's sneakiness. His writing style does sound a heck of a lot like Katara's but that makes it all the more amusing. I would totally love to see Katara and Jet duke it out for Zuko later. I would also love to see them talk about Jet's sexuality in a serious context, lol.

I also really like the little story you added about the wounded boy. Yay we get to see kindhearted Zuko again! And he tried to let Jet down gently, lol. Hmm, I wonder where "It's not a free city" was coming from in Zuko - it's been a while since I've seen the episodes :P Not entirely sure why Naked Iroh time was necessary but I got the reference :) I also really like the way you wrote Smellerbee into this - she kinda reminds me of Toph. Poor Smellerbee and Longshot starving. It was nice of Uncle to get them jobs :) I also liked the brief insertion of Jin.

I would have loved to have seen Zuko's face when Smellerbee and Longshot told him that Jet fancied him. That should be a oneshot alone :P Lol at Jet fucking himself. I love the Suko Smellerbee relationship starting to develop too.

Can't wait to see how you'll expand on the Ba Sing Se issue in your universe :) Looking forward to seeing this updated as much as NSFZ.
TrueMetis chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
That was just awesome, shines a whole new light on Jet that I will never ever be able to forget. Every time I watch Jet try to recruit Zuko from now on I'm going to remember this and laugh.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
First off, I have to say that this Jet's inner voice sounds a lot like Sokka's, much more than I really think he should. "firebender-y-ness"? Jet is a smooth talker, with plenty of experience in not just hating but hunting and killing Fire Nation people; instead of mangling words like that in order to express his loathing, he'd crack open The Thesaurus of Hate on them.

"The old man said Fine, I am going to sing the hedgehog song, and you have until I get to the final chorus to be ready. Lee tumbled out of bed at lightning speed, pulled on the nearest shirt and said he was ready."

LOVED this! X-D X-D

"The Old Man waited five minutes and then took off all his clothes and wandered around the apartment naked. For no reason. He was just naked naked naked."

Benjamin Franklin called it 'taking air baths', and practiced it regularly into his old age! I think Ben Franklin and Iroh would have a grand old time together... :-D

Smellerbee actually -Wrote Out- a "Sorry, not interested" speech for 'Lee' to use. And Zuko actually pulled it out and read it aloud in front of Jet! I literally laughed till I cried! Gawds, no wonder Zuko was wiling to have a Serious Talk with Hakoda in NSZ; he knew he'd already lived through The Most Awkward Confrontation Imaginable and survived it, so whatever Hakoda said or asked wouldn't be too hard! X-D Honestly, if I'd been in Jet's shoes right then, they would have ended up filled with ashes; forget being roasted by a firebender, I'd have just spontaneously combusted from pure embarrassment!

And finally, I loved the Smellerbee Chapter of Jet's Stalking Diary! I'm glad that Zuko doesn't hold Jet's obsession against Smellerbee and Longshot, and I hope those two appear in NSFZ.
Lord Lelouch chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Hilarious,

I was seriously laughing my ass off the whole time I read this. I'll never look at Jet the same way again. Not that I can blame him for being into Zuko seeing as all the girls are into Zuko.

I personally found the part Zuko trying to let him down gently and Smellerbee's "realization" as to why stalking Zuko was absolutely awesome the funniest part of the story.

Oh and let's not forget Iroh's naked time.

I think you did catch Zuko in character. He's rude, gruff, forceful but deep down inside he's kind and sincere.

I can't wait to see the next chapter. I'm assuming there will be a next chapter since you mention a post-war meeting between Jet and Zuko.
Somariel chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This is awesome. The only reason I'm not laughing right now is because it's almost 2 AM and I don't want to wake up my parents.
Treacletarts chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This was hilarious! It got me as excited as the stalking zuko first chapter...so wait,Jet's alive in not stalking firelord Zuko?
ArrayePL chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
ROFL, I love this story. I hope there will be more.
Mad Zia Magdalena chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
LOLOLOLOLOL! I will never look at Jet the same way! But you can't blame him for going bi for Zuko. *wink wink*

Is it weird that I kept thinking this was Katara's p.o.v. while I read it?

Good drammar, just a few mistakes like forgetting a word or using the wrong word in a sentance.

Completely HI-LAR-I-OUS! Some nice character development too!

I felt so bad for Smellerbee and longshot for needing such patience. But I guess they're used to it? Naked time made me crack up! Oh, Uncle. I love you so. He's such a delightfully dirty old man! And Zuko had some super cool stealth moments and great awkwardness. :3 I will never be able to keep a straight face when I hear "band of merry men" ever again.

Oh Jet. Katara is gonna whip your bloody ass when she hears about this! And she will. Oh yes she will.

Awesome story!
BFDreaming chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This is lovely and perfect. I giggled.
ReadrOfBooks chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This was hilarious. Does Zuko suspect that the waterbender is Katara? But this whole thing was really funny and very Jet-like. I could actually see him as one of those slightly homophobic guys who deny being bi/homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with homosexuality, of course.
Advocaat chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Freaking lol! This story just made my evening. Now I'm even more excited to see Jet in NSFZ.

This is a side of Zuko that we don't really see in the Stalking series. He's coarse and rude but still so adorably awkward and sweet underneath. I really enjoyed Smellerbee and Longshot's concern at their leader's worrying obsession, especially with all of his fanboy-ing about how badass and epic "Lee" is.

You have serious talent for writing humor. And drama too. And romance. And everything, actually. Your fics are completely entertaining. They make me laugh and smile and squeal and even tear up from time to time.

Yo go girl!
Kitakana chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Oh, this is brilliant. This is the most entertaining almost-but-not-really Jetko I’ve read. I have not laughed this hard in some time. I love how you have Jet acknowledge that Zuko is a badass with balls of steel, that makes the Zuko stalking so much more fun.

One day, you really must include the lyrics to the hedgehog song. You just keep mentioning it over and over and we have yet to hear Iroh actually sing it in any of your fics. Can this happen in Not Stalking Firelord Zuko? You did include Jet’s reaction to Iroh naked time though, which almost made up for the lack of the hedgehog song.

Can’t wait for you to post whatever you post next, be it more of this story or the first chapter of NSFZ!
172 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »