Reviews for When I Grow Up
Patsy chapter 37 . 6/17
It's been almost a year since this Amazing story closed for the moment. I'm in the process of reading it again. You are a wonderful writer. You make me feel Ike I am in this story. Sure would like to read a sequel. Have a Wonderful Day.
Just found this story and absolutely loved it. Would really enjoy if you wrote a sequel, per your note at the end, which reunites the families but focuses on the larger Shepherd family too.
Patsy chapter 37 . 5/18
Honestly I'm not stalking you and I'm not a stalker. I'm just a fan who loves your stories,misses your updates and really truly hope you will write a sequel to this story. Take Care. Be safe! Be Happy! Now I'm off to live my life and take my MaltiPoo Milo,out for his nighttime walk;)
The switching between perspectives of Annabel as a little kid and the present waiting for her to wake up was so powerful, I really liked it! This story is a marvel, thank you so much!
Kae chapter 37 . 11/27/2017
If you did a sequel to this, I'd love you forever. I took me awhile to finish this story but it was absolutely amazing. I love your writing. Keep up the good work!
Patsy chapter 37 . 9/30/2017
You know I am a HUGE fan of your stories now and I was thinking recently that a sequel to this story would be great somewhere down the line on your to do list.
Still anxiously awaiting another Zola fix and Some more D.C. Trailblazing;)
Guest chapter 37 . 7/15/2017
Pls write a sequel that takes us through Meredith's pregnancy! Your writing is just lovely!
zajaacLulu chapter 37 . 7/12/2017
Hey, I finally managed to go through this story! Good job, I really applaud you for coming back to it after years and managing to approach it so complexly. All those medical, legal and other complicated things and none of it seemed out of place - of course I'm not experienced in these stuff, but it seems you put quite a lot of research and work into it and the result definitely pays off, it makes sense an comes together beautifully. It is seriously long, but I love those little meanings you put into every chapter, the characters actions etc. I love the interactions between Mark and Addison of course, but maybe even more between them and other characters - the way they are letting other people into their lives again, finally come to the revelation that it's ok to ask for help and so. Well, I especially loved interactions between Mark and Derek, Addison and Meredith, those were great...also between Maddison and their kids, Merder and Thomas. Yeah, and even if you only showed it from Mark's and Addison's point of view, I loved your projection of the interaction between Meredith and Derek before the hearing, it was really heartwarming! I also felt so proud of Meredith in this and some more scenes.
You said that you feel like continuing, this time from more of the women's POV...well, if you do, I'm on board. It's always amazing to see a new Maddison story around here, because I'm a sucker for those! And I'll also be happy to see you write some more Merder.
clover-blossom chapter 37 . 7/10/2017
Bravo!

This story was amazing- thank you so much for putting so much time, effort, thought and talent into making these characters some to life. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning binge reading the last 15 or so chapters and it was so worth it (even though I am already on my third cup of coffee).I feel like I say it in every review of your work, but you are just so good at fleshing out these characters. There was no point in this story where I thought, "that's out of character for X". Everything was believable in the context of the characters.

I love that you wrote Addison and Mark and their children as a happy, functional (but flawed) family unit. The way you revealed over the chapters how they had felt the need to turn inward and protect this world the created totally made sense- especially in light of the revelation about Addison's childhood with parents who had done the complete opposite. And on that note, I felt you handled a sensitive and controversial subject with respect and didn't use it as just a plot device, but rather as a piece of a complicated story about real people.

I love the friendships that were formed in this story. I'm not a big MerDer fan, or really even a Meredith fan, but I loved how you wrote them here. I actually liked Meredith! I love the relationship you created between Addison and Meredith- and it came across as completely believable. I love how you sorted through Addison and Derek's post-divorce relationship- it was messy there for a while, but you didn't shy away from that.. I love the dynamic you created between the Sloan and Shepherd kids- and on that note, you wrote the children so well! Sometimes that can be the most distracting part of a fic involving children- either writing them as too perfect, too adult-like or too babyish for their ages, or introducing them as plot devices and then having them disappear, but you really nailed the characterization of these kids. I love the back story on Archer and Addison as kids and their relationship as adults. I love the addition of Amy. I love how you brought back people from Addison's past (Savvy and even Naomi at the end). I love how none of your characters are perfect, but they all come across as relatable human beings. How many times can I say "love" in one review?

On a personal note, I started reading this story in 2013 when I was up at all hours nursing my newborn and now he is basically the same age as Max. Thanks again for coming back to finish it- it was such a treat to read.
pl782 chapter 37 . 6/29/2017
I loved, loved, loved your story. I loved Addison and Mark's relationship. I loved the maturity and love of Meredith and Derek's relationship. I'm glad that the Sloan family and the Shepherd family have worked through all the pain and hurt to be good friends. I loved the hard work of the Grey Sandwich team to save Annabel. I loved how Addison and Annabel stood up to help fight for Derek's medical license. I loved that Meredith telling Derek about her pregnancy gave Derek the strength to face the board. Loved how Max is so protective and is in awe of his big sister. So cute for the friendship of Max and Thomas. The epilogue made me warm and fuzzy, but I would love a sequel. Thank you for a great story.
Zoubyx chapter 37 . 6/24/2017
Hi ! I don't think I ever reviewed your story but I read every chapter and I loved every single one of them. I was afraid at the beginning because even thought I love Addison/Mark, my number one will always be MerDer and I wasn't sure what was in the book for them ;)
I loved to read about the trio and how they reconnected. It's amazing how fast they got over what happened, it really shows that everyone is happier that way.
I usually don't get attached to non-original characters but I loved all the kids. Annabel is really strong and the friendship bethween Max and Thomas was the cutest thing.
I would love a sequel ! I'm already in love with your new story btw (I promise I will review more !)
peachfresca chapter 37 . 6/23/2017
I can't even express my excitement at the Addek/Maddison renaissance, but I am a terrible reader, by which I mean that I've been reading this story since the beginning (the original beginning) without reviewing and honestly just remembered today that I created an account back in the day.

I think this was a perfect ending for this story- I loved seeing Mark and Addison expand their world and let people in, and I like that you included in the epilogue all the ways they continue to do so.

Nothing makes me happier than to hear the idea of seeing more of all these characters in the future, especially the idea of focusing more on mothers. I would love to see into their future as well as their past, especially more of the beginnings of Mark and Addison's little family. (I am a freak and obsessed with seeing glimpses of Addison's pregnancies, because it turns out I can't leave my work at work.)
Anyway, thank you so much for your ridiculous writing pace and for finishing this epic.
I'll try to be a better reader and reviewer in the future ;)
Meg Nik chapter 3 . 6/22/2017
Loving this story so far!
Meg Nik chapter 1 . 6/22/2017
Wow! I can't wait to see where this story goes!
Xyliette chapter 37 . 6/21/2017
"Ordinary is all he's ever wanted … and it's better than he ever could have imagined."

Mark breaks my heart even when he is perfectly happy and healthy and functioning. More so than when he's not I think. This whole piece was amazing start to finish. You created such a plausible alternative to what we saw on the show that I wish this could have happened, that they could have been happy like this. I enjoyed Meredith and Derek and thought they were a nice balance to one another and the awkwardness that the situation presented. This will be a story that I revisit over and over in the future. Thank you for your writing, I cherish it.

And yes! To a little peek into the future. I'd love to see the Shepherds come out for a visit.