Reviews for No Need for a Tomboy
James Birdsong chapter 2 . 3/10
Awesome two chapters.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
Where "proda"? Where 3-d, 4-th, 5-th chapters?!
Jerry Unipeg chapter 2 . 2/8/2013
GREAT CHAPTER! (*x4) So, thats why Washu-chan have not know about the fight.
Jerry Unipeg chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
GREAT START! (*x4) I am shock that Washu-chan did not feel the energy that Ranma & Akane had use.
weather witch nami-zo chapter 2 . 11/28/2012
Ok so better then the sailor moon(what little there is of it) but not as good as the happi redemption (though it does show the promise that it might surpass it) so work on finishing the ppi while fleshing this one and the sailor out and you've got yourself some very good stories
while you are well entitled to take whatever literary changes write to your version as you want i realized that unlike the other two it takes some liberty with the rules and stories that the other two do not do. namely that the other two stories you wrote take the story that is ranma and the sailor moon stories and weave them together in a way that fallows the rules of BOTH stories while not taking any liberties with them other then adding ranma to it. this one changes established rules in the story of Tenchi name these three things 1) the battle armor you describe is used by all Jurai and is actually kept in a ring the one that tenchi energizes uses the light hawk wings to create it the way you used the to make wings 2) the light hawk wings are generated by ALL Jurai ships the light hawk wings being generated by a person mean that that person has the propensity to answer the question the three goddesses question on whether on not they can create something greater then themselves(case and point Zero was not related to Jurai) 3) the battle armor of ryoko's that your describing is actually more red then black when all three of her gems are present
Take what liberty you want those are just some discrepancies in this story that are not present in the other two so i took it as you like being accurate and brought these to your attention plz answer back and if you have any question about about the tenchi universe i have seen all four of the tenchi shows in their entirety
Celestia's Paladin chapter 2 . 11/2/2012
You know the explaintion into Akane's powers, or what she has before gaining the Gems, makes sense. So far a damn good story, I always look forwards to a good Tenchi crossover, I hope to see more.
Celestia's Paladin chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
With which Tenchi canon to use, I've seen ones that use the OVAs as the bases and add parts to Universe to it (such as Kiyone the GP officer).
shadowmccloud chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
hiya!
hey, post more story! this is good, and i wanna read more!
Blackholelord chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
Well it looks nice, but also nice to see a crossover between these two series after so many years.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/29/2012
hello I like your story especially since you do seem to be using pure tenchi muyo ova. Which is rare as most mix it with the TV series which is a different universe though GXP is a continuation of the ova so you might want to check it out. And their is a site you might want to check out it is the Tenchi Muyo Wiki it has even more information about characters and there history's like the fact the Washus husband and son where members of the Kuramitsu family. it does separate the information on the characters based on the different series that they are in. take a look and I hope it helps you write this story.
(tenchi . wikia . com)
Crescent Pulsar chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Aside from various things being typical if not outright trite, there are some actual problems that I've seen in your story thus far.

The first two are fairly minor. The idea that only Juraian royalty can use light hawk wings is incorrect (Z could use five of them, and they're not exclusive to power linked to Tsunami as far as I know). And it's rather convenient that Akane never flew or phased through anything at any point in her life, seeing as those sort of abilities should have come naturally (that is, she'd start with no control rather than needing to "connect" to them, and requiring the circumstances given in your story to do so). There's also the fact that Akane wouldn't need to breathe, and it'd really abuse the cord suspending disbelief to belief that she subconsciously acted as if she were drowning, not to mention self-inducing unconsciousness on top of that.

The next two are major problems. The first and greatest problem of the two is Ryomi's existence, not so much that she exists but that even your story contradicts why she should. If Ryomi was deemed to be too dangerous, and it would have been simpler and cheaper to just off her, then why eject her into space so just anyone could get a hold of said "too dangerous" thing? At the very least it would have made more sense to hide Ryomi in a secure location rather than release something dangerous to who knows what fate, if for some reason they weren't inclined to kill her. The second problem concerns the three jewels, since Washu didn't make the first three as such (they're essentially Washu's power and memories as a goddess extracted from her so she could live a mortal existence). Rather than the jewels being made for Ryoko, it was Ryoko made to be able to use the power of the jewels. This means that, if Ryomi preceded Ryoko, she would have tried to adapt her to use the three existing jewels rather than try to make a facsimile of them. Even if she hadn't, perhaps because the adaptation had failed with Ryomi, it's questionable whether Washu could have made three jewels that were comparable up to seventy-five percent in any way.

Beyond that, my guess is that most of the issues that I've seen are due to a lack of knowledge with and reference to the source material, and relying more on memory and fan-fiction. I figured that was likely the case when I saw "kappa" being mentioned at all in your story, which is a reference to the Washu in the Tenchi Universe continuity, which is a rather different Washu (and, by extension, a very different Ryoko) than the one from the Ryo-Ohki continuity.
tuatara chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Well, I guess I liked the chapter, but it was pretty dry stuff, no? Setting aside a number of different facile fanon clichés that I don't enjoy, it was certainly nice to see Ranma and Akane getting along so well. Not a lot really happened, however.

I do hope the Washu and Ryoko angle is a bit more exciting next time, though I get the impression that the characters probably won't meet until at least the fourth chapter. But like I said, I did like it. And I realize some chapters have to be more low key, but I do hope there's at least one exciting scene next time. I'm sorry for not sounding as positive as after the first chapter, but I continue to have high hopes for the story. Thank you for updating!
sunshinekc chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Awesome story, I love it! I'm glad akane is actually acting like a normal person and not always a uber-bitch. Can't wait for the next chapter!
tuatara chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I must say that I found this pretty compelling. There are only a couple of relatively minor criticisms and one slightly bigger one (and one additional thing I will say via PM instead of a review).

One, it's terribly convenient that Saffron would have the gems and they would land next to Akane. On the other hand, I'm not sure what would have been a better way to awaken her powers.

Two, doesn't it seem like overkill to give Ranma elemental magic on top of everything else? That's how it felt to me, at least, but perhaps it'll prove more necessary later on.

But like I said, neither is a really big deal. The only other somewhat critical thing I'd say is that it could possibly use a bit more concision at times. There were moments during the battle that the substantial descriptive passages made it *feel* like there were lulls in the action even though that clearly wasn't the case.

On the subject of concision, I don't really understand the point of all that stuff at the end with the priest and the police chief…except to sing Ranma's praises even further, for some reason. Anyone who had been able to follow the story up to that point already knows the setting and the characters well enough that their whole conversation appears pretty redundant. And since it isn't occurring between characters we know or care about on any level, it feels even less necessary. Do you get what I mean, or does it seem absurd? Is there some deeper goal you're trying to achieve in that scene, and I'm just missing it?

That's the biggest real issue with the chapter, as far as I can tell. I'm going to write you a bit more on PM, but that's all for now. Criticisms aside, I honestly thought this was really well done. It's a great beginning, and promises fascinating things to come. (Particularly in the realm of family bonding for Akane. I look forward to Ranma bonding with his newfound relatives as well, for sure…but as you mentioned in your notes, we've seen what it's like before when Ranma gets to know Tenchi and Juraians.)

You should be pleased by what you were able to accomplish here. Thank you for sharing it.
Rybalov chapter 1 . 5/9/2012