Reviews for The Shadow over Nishinomiya
Pacer287 chapter 6 . 10/2/2016
Ahh... I get it.

Three years ago Haruhi heard about some kind of occult Cthulhu blood ritual and, having the common sense of a dolphin, she figured it would be a good idea to give it a try and see what happened. She screwed up and got possessed by a Lovecraftian God who finds her amusing enough to keep a fraction of her conscious around.

Pretty cool considering most people would consider being trapped inside their own body to be a fate worse than death yet Haruhi is loving every second, I totally believe that.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/2/2015
Sensitivity, sensivity.
Show that girl you, really give a d.
hillary chapter 8 . 12/14/2014
There are Japanese works that reference Lovecraft, but is this one of them?
Guest chapter 8 . 11/11/2014
One hell of a ride, that was.
azathoth chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
For pity's sake, ARE they part of the Mythos?
Mader Levap chapter 7 . 11/4/2013
Well, NOW that was story with really, really bad end.

BTW some reviewers below (and undoubtedly above) seems to not understand concept of crossover. Sigh.
hillary chapter 7 . 8/17/2013
Japanese characters are part of the Lovecraft Mythos. Really?
Wyrm chapter 3 . 7/22/2013
"They looked almost like starfish, except that they had six arms and each must have weighed at least 200 kg."

Elder things?
Wyrm chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
" I said to the dweller in darkness,"

I see wut u did thar.
nyarlarthotep chapter 7 . 4/19/2013
Characters from a Japanese anime are really part of Lovecraft's mythos? You really think so?
Dogbreathsan chapter 7 . 4/1/2013
Way cool. This went a direction I'd never had thought of, a direction I didn't catch on to until Chapter 5.

Congratulations, and thank you very much.
Dogbreathsan chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
"Uh, excuse me," I said to the dweller in darkness

This is a freaking classic line! I love it!

Let's see how this thing goes.

OK, a review of sorts.

Well constructed. I'm enjoying the search for Mythos references.
Very nice. I wonder if Koizumi will have the 'Nishinomiya' look about him?
mark3232 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Do Lovecraft's writings apply to a Japanese anime which is, by it's very nature, different?
Miguel51 chapter 7 . 7/25/2012
That a fun, if slightly disturbing read. Well done.
Hcobb chapter 7 . 6/6/2012
The implication was meant to be that the English word "Dragon" was a corruption of "Dagon", but they were speaking Japanese so it didn't directly apply in this context. The two gods had been around for a longer than any human language so they've accumulated a lot of cultural references.

Plus the Lovecraftian stuff used in this story is clearly variant with single-sex Deep Ones and so on.

One of the items I'm considering for a rewrite would be to add in Kyon's dreams of his "past lives", including his "fight" with St. George. (For kicks.)