Reviews for The God in the Machine
Cat Fishy chapter 1 . 1/26
I don't usually write reviews solely on the author's notes (actually usually I don't write reviews at all because lazy eheh) but I can't help but ask: you bought $400 worth of mobility gel? O_o
Silverstreams chapter 30 . 1/25/2013
A beautiful and wonderful story. I love the way you merged in with Lab Rat-it just feels so right. Thank you so much for writing and posting this. I wish I'd started reading it sooner!
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 30 . 1/25/2013
Awww... that was a good ending. It was poignant, and I really like how you contrasted the current situation with earlier events and how much Doug and Chell have changed. Good read, I'm glad you finished it!
Silverstreams chapter 13 . 1/19/2013
I have never seen such a perfect explanation for Chell's bandage on the wrist. It didn't click until just now!

You are a wonderful writer, and I am loving this story so far. How long did it take you to write it?
Silverstreams chapter 12 . 1/19/2013
I loved the bit in this chapter about Doug losing his courage at the sight of the gun—people do always have these grand ideas of how they would act in the face of danger. I liked Doug's reaction, even though it made everything worse for him.

I also liked that Caroline's old husband Greg (see what you did there) was in cryo storage, which makes it perfect for that one line in Portal 2 about two adults with Chell's last name.
Silverstreams chapter 10 . 1/19/2013
Have I mentioned how much I love that Henry from Lab Rat is the bad guy? It's so perfect.
Silverstreams chapter 7 . 1/19/2013
So far I am loving all of the subtle references to Portal and everything Portal-related in the dialogue. And the idea that Cav is Doug's uncle is a really awesome one-I've never seen it before. Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this!
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 29 . 1/18/2013
Oh, eerie! I really look forward to seeing how this all pans out. Also, the dialogue in this was really good - sweet and yet slightly odd, just as it should be!
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 28 . 1/5/2013
Ohhh... that was very good but so sad! I thought the way you put the scenario together worked really well and I really liked your use of GlaDOS's voice as a narration device - it made the situation all the more poignant. (There were also some excellent snarky lines!) Really good chapter, I look forward to the next one!
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 27 . 12/28/2012
I love the info on what the other testing tracks are, and your interpretation of why the Ratman drawings are the way they are! Nice to see another chapter of this, I look forward to seeing how things play out.
AmalyaSoramuni chapter 27 . 12/28/2012
Lovely! And now, Doug and the cube are friends. Can't wait for the next one!
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 26 . 12/25/2012
Aw, I really liked how you linked the backstories of the various characters together - it worked really well! And I liked how you portrayed Chell - I'm not always a fan of this type of backstory for her but in this case I thought it really worked. And I love your portrayal of Rattmann. He's awesome!
AmalyaSoramuni chapter 25 . 12/7/2012
You need to post the next chapter. NOW.
AmalyaSoramuni chapter 24 . 11/20/2012
NOOOO YOU NEED TO POST THE RESTTTTTTTT!
Reader chapter 22 . 10/26/2012
Other than some minor spelling errors, this is well written. I'm definitely keeping to check this one for further updates. Well done.