Reviews for The Magician
Anon chapter 53 . 5/16
Ahhhhhh I missed the anniversary! I've never bothered to review since I'd always ended up mulling over my words and get really nervous, but I feel like I have to leave a review now. I've been following The Magician since chapter 8, and also read your other works after discovering this gem. I really admire how you kept on writing for so long, not flunk on plot and character development, and also kept the everyone in-character in an AU and made something that is distinctly your own. I don't know if you're going to pursue, or currently pursuing, a career in writing, or if you intent to keep writing as a hobby, but I must say you have amazing talent, it's easy to be drawn into your stories, and I really appreciate your writing.

And about the current chapters, I have such conflicted feelings for Lizzy. When did she discover that she's a telepath? Is she trustworthy? Is she in it with Alex, trying to draw out Arthur's powers as the Britannia Angel and then try to control him? I really look forward to the next update!
Person chapter 53 . 5/5
Can I just say I love meeting the Lizzy in the flashbacks and finding out that she was kind of manipulative? That, combined with already knowing that Arthur idolized/idolizes her, makes her feel so real, and I have so many mixed feelings about her now? Like, Lizzy, I used to love you, and I still love you, you're such a great character, but whyyyy must it be like this-

Also now I'm kind of mistrustful of the Lizzy in the present. Anyway, cannot wait to find out more! I've been reading this story for almost three years now, I think.

ALSO ARTHUR INHERITED HIS MOTHER'S POWERS, excuse you, I'm sure I remember somewhere on the fic's tumblr that you said something like "The story would go down very differently if he had inherited his mother's powers." Author, please, why do this to us ;.;
Chykori chapter 53 . 4/29
Omg sO mANY QUESTIONS

I really love the contrast here between Arthur as a child and Arthur as an adult, and especially the changes (and similarities) of Lizzy from when she was younger now to an adult. It's awesome.

Looking forward to the next update!
Akai-Tsubasa136 chapter 53 . 4/24
Thank you so so much for the quick update! 3
Sora Resi chapter 53 . 4/24
I don't know how you finished this chapter so quickly either, but damn do I love you for it! :)
Sora Resi chapter 52 . 4/24
Freaking DRAMA!
Love it. Lizzy is aliiiive!
Wow. I guess since this is a flashback, it is kind of easier thus faster to write. Idk, I'm faster with backstory than the actual story mainly because I've had the backstory in my head for a long time.

Anywho, Arthur had wings! and awesome powers. Looking forward to those resurfacing soon.
KyrieEleisonElise chapter 53 . 4/23
Wow such a quick update, I'm impressed Yes! I knew Arthur used to have the angel powers.. I wonder if it's ever possible for them to return?
SpiderNinja24 chapter 53 . 4/23
This is the fastest update I've seen you do! I love that!
Cookizilla chapter 53 . 4/23
Such a quick update... This made my day. * V *
Youngbountygirl chapter 52 . 4/23
Okay, finally done with this bad boy! As I stated before, this is really good and the Dream Team discovering Arthur's secret was fantastic. I get the feeling that after this will be the final battle. I'm hoping the Dream Team will help Arthur and he'll get his full powers back. I'll be waiting for updates. Keep up the good work!
Youngbountygirl chapter 16 . 4/22
I was planning on not commenting until after finishing this fic, but it's REALLY REALLY GOOD! I love the idea behind this and it's sad this isn't an original fic, because it would work extraordinarily well.

Arthur represents the Robin Hood villain. He's evil, but not to make others suffer or for his own gain. He's evil, because of the Supers of both good and evil not helping those struggling or suffering. The Magician is the kind to make the heroes feel ashamed, especially when he is more of a hero than them. It's exactly what makes him the perfect villain: he places shame in the heroes and probably the good kind. What's interesting is that Arthur knows their identities, but chooses not to bother with them unless he needs to. It's like his villainy is what the Dream Team needed to really clean up the streets and in real life, that is sometimes what needs to be done. Sometimes the police needs to have gangs for allies to get the bigger threat. Yao has learned that not everything is black and white and I think that's why he's trusting the Magician enough to work with him. The Magician is a threat, but not cruel and certainly human.

This is certainly clever. I don't think I've ever seen villains turning out to be the common every man. They're usually rich or thugs, but Arthur is just your common every man. He struggles, he works hard, he's just like everyone else. What's interesting is that he genuinely is friends with the Dream Team as their secret identities.

I love Yao's reaction to realizing the Magician knew their identities and never made any threats or used it against them. It's like he's realizing for the first time that maybe the Magician has more coothe than he realized. I'm going to continue reading more. This is really good.
"...it's not possible for you to be a telepath. We took that away from you."

What happened! This one line got me so hyped for the next chapter. Something crazy happened seven years ago, and we've waited so long to find out what. Is there an organization out there that can take away superpowers?

Also, I highly suggest Arthur recruit the Dream Team to aid him and Lizzy against their fight against Alex and his superiors. Yeah, they might not trust him, but I have high hopes that once Arthur and Lizzy explain the crazy plans their opponents have, everyone will jump aboard. Imagine all the supers we've met in the series joining together against the big bad. It would be epic. I'm calling it!

I would also like to say hi to Alex for making his official appearance here. Glad to know you haven't changed. I'd say he's a bit more sadistic in this one, but it may just be his way of rationalizing the situation in his mind.

I can sympathize with Arthur when he met Lizzy. For four years I, too, thought she was dead, then she pulls this stunt in front of us. Yeah, I'm not all that happy, but I'm so glad she saved Arthur from that maniac. Go Lizzy! I'm waiting for answers next update, so she's not completely off the hook yet.
KyrieEleisonElise chapter 52 . 4/22
I really like this chapter! I feel bad for Arthur but I'm excited to finally get some answers about what happened:)
Cookizilla chapter 52 . 4/21
WOAH plot twist. Lizzy's alive? And a telepath, apparently. The mystery deepens...
And now we're left with