Reviews for Fly-Away Butterfly
OxEyed chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This was quite good! The whole concept of an anniversary replay was a fascinating one, and I loved how we got to explore the little nuances of all the participants despite knowing nearly nothing about how they've spent the last five years. The question you pose regarding reality is also interesting and well managed; the whole time I was reading I was waiting for the two opposing realities to intersect. They don't, and that forces the reader to chose between them, or choose something else entirely. Quite a ride. Excellent job and good luck!
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This really hit a lot of my buttons, so it was a really enjoyable read for me. Present tense, great moments of sensory description and great word choice, ensemble cast, sharp transitions, creampuffs...xD; Really, there are some terrific moments and lines throughout. I didn't even really miss the dialogue here, because the story didn't need it, and the little bit that's there doesn't stand out because the narrative itself feels so close to the characters that it serves the same purpose? I don't know if I'm making sense, but I thought the story was great, definitely a standout from you this Season! D GREAT job on this, and keep it up!

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)

Also:

"Otogi is away in America, tied up with Rebecca in some business they've been keeping mum about for the last year." - Oh really? xD xD xD
Graces of the Child chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This was really fantastic. I loved the emotion that came through - Malik's boredom/indifference, but especially Shizuka's fear. I loved that we weren't sure what she was dreaming or if she was going crazy (was she crazy? I'm not really sure, I may have been reading it wrong) or she really is some kind of crazy horror-prophet-waif thing. xD

The idea of staging the Battle City Finals again, without the God cards, is really interesting and I would've loved seeing how the unscripted matches played out - and poor Joey and Kaiba, they have to lose to their rivals once again. I'm a bit confused because I thought they were playing the exact same moves as last time which is why they had to surrender at some point before the God Cards came into play. Or are they playing new and surrendering at a certain point?