Reviews for winter in st petersburg
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
You really do have an amazing gift for weaving words into a story that changes my perspective on life. This was amazing, and Lucy and Lysander were great. Happy Writing:)
Lavinia Swire chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This is so beautiful that I want to cry. Your descriptions of St. Petersburg are flawless and the parallels between Lucy and the city, which I wouldn’t have imagined working, actually do work amazingly. Your version of Lucy is very different to the others that I’ve read, but you’ve written her so well and she’s so bitter and hurt and her tattoo and the whole storyline with Audrey I can’t even. (You’ve messed up my grammar, that is what this fic does to me.) I can’t talk about this story coherently, but it’s just utterly beautiful and I love it so much!
currents chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Okay, just okay. Let me gather my bearings,
she who knows all chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Another amazing story; I loved how Ly moved to Russia and Lucy's poems and I don't think this is a very popular pairing but you write both Lucy and Lysander so well I ship this now too.
stars shine out chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Awwww! That was absolutely beautiful! Magnificent job!
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Wow. This was absolutely beautiful, seriously. I'm literally lost for words.

You wrote this so well, seriously, and you made me root for LucyLysander, when I've never actually shipper that ship (and I've shipped a lot of Lucy ships).

I loved how she wrote him notes, and she always found him, and the notes she wrote were absolutely beautiful, and just adgjkhddhj amazing.

And then he moved to St Petersburg, which I know nothing about, so I had no idea why is was built on bones, but I could still follow along with the fic, and Lucy being compared to it.

I loved the Audrey storyline running through here, and how ashamed and depressed Lucy was, and then the end with the obliviate was absolutely beautiful. Great job!
arryns chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
This was beautiful! I loved loved loved loved the settings, they were perfect. also the title, oh god.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
This was really beautiful… I loved the comparison between Lucy and the city most of all, along with the tattoo, the last lines and his changing her memory. It was amazing…
marniemadden chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
asdfghjkl this was perfect.
elizabeth's lullaby chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
What a perfect way to show someone you love them, to take away what hurts them most! Missed your stories, but glad for anything write now in the middle of horrible revision, which I'm guessing is the same for you. Thank you for this that's made my day :)
over-rehearsed chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Ellie, just, I can't, your writing, I don't, what did I just read? It's lovely and I love it and I love you and hello.

I'm slightly confused, how old is everyone supposed to be in this? But that's all that confused me just asdfghjkl

I can't even. I actually want to go to St. Petersburg after that lovely, lovely description of it, and yeah. I love the notes, the way Lucy writes, how bitter and resentful she is, everything.

And your Lysander, oh baby, can I marry him? The poor thing.

And how she followed him and just everything.

sorry this isn't a very good review and it's a bit of a mess but i think it gets that i love it across decently, yeah?
ce sont les petits choses chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Oh my, this was a little bit tragic, and dramatic, and wonderful but very beautiful, serene and well-written. Favourite!