Reviews for Adagio
se-tar chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Good take on that scene. Although we see most of the events from something near Dean's POV, but still there are some occasions like this that you see just what hell he's going through and he's never shown anything.
Really well done, thanks.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Gut wrenching exploration of what Hester's hateful words did to Dean. Loved that you did this from Sam's point of view. Made my heart ache.
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
My heart is breaking over a couple of fictional characters.
Well done.
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Very interesting view into Dean and Sam over Hester's remark. Not many authors paying attention to the fact that Hell lives very much in Dean. Probably because the show has completely forgotten about it? Very good writing.
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Hello, you! I've actually been reading a few OLD Supernatural one-shots in my favorites list (don't pass out on me) and knew my stop down memory lane would have to end with something new from you. So, here I am! Surprise!

I like that you wrote this with the idea that Sam no longer dreams of Hell and is no longer haunted by it whereas Dean still is. I never really made up my mind completely on the issue myself. I knew Cas had taken Lucifer and the hallucinations from Sam, but I hadn't been able to decide about the rest even though Sam did seem to be at peace with it. But I like this way, this way makes my inner Dean girl happier because I'd have rather had the Hell storyline unique to Dean all along...and this way, it still kinda is.

I had forgotten all about the angel telling Dean that Cas was lost the minute he reached for Dean in Hell. That was gut-wrenching...and I'm glad you chose that moment to riff off of. Also, sometimes it really works to write from Sam's POV...sometimes its better to see from the outside in.

I particularly enjoyed:

"Something told him that the righteous mortal they needed was in the next room, seeking rest midst dreams of Hell."

So much WORD to that. I've always been hung up on the idea of Dean as the righteous man and I love any references to anything near that idea. To me, there is something compelling about the brother who is scorned and put down the most being the one is actually the most righteous despite his rough corners-good and pure when and where it counts the most. That's Dean-rough edges, but a shining beam of light on the inside.

I also enjoyed your musings about Dean's scars having been gone when he came back from Hell, but Sam's not. It's not something I've given much thought to, but it is something that is entirely intriguing. Why do you think Dean came back wholly new and Sam came back with the same body?

Anyway, I wish there had been a scene like this. It was a beautiful scene.
gr8read chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Beautiful story- written exceptionally.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Loved this...Dean's pain is just so...real. And while yes, Sam has had his share of tragedy and has had endured the pit for longer; he got an out that Dean never did. And I'm sure the yr away from Sam did absolutely nothing to help his nightmares..poor boys, the both of them. But being the unashamed Dean-girl that I am, I really really want to coddle that boy; even if it's for a few short hours.
Thanks for sharing!
Ps.- what does the title of this fic mean?
RainbowBetty chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This was so heartbreaking & beautifully written! Your dialogue rings so true.
Tillypuitan chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I really loved this. I was also intirgued by the look on Dean's face when Hester spoke and was so happy to see your take on it. You did a wonderful job.
Zinfer chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
As always, ur pretty much my fav author on ff. dang it all why don't I just write the series! They seem to have forgotten about adding personal relationships, encouragement, and bonding time to the last 2 seasons! Thank God spn has such a strong ff realm so I can get my dosage of brotherly love that has been missing from the show...
Anyways! Wonderful fic! As always! Please please please please write more! I shall review! Have I mentioned how much I loved living on a prayer? So good.
Keep it up man! Thanks for the good reads!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Thanks for taking the time to write this, nice perspective, narrative flowed well, I enjoyed it!
rrstarlight chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Great character study. I felt like the characters were as real as they seem on the show, especially the things I feel you can see in Sam's eyes sometimes. You found that love and concern for his brother that the show doesn't have the time to show or verbalize. Dean has to be hurt by what was said, and it was nice seeing Sam in this story feeling for his brother's so sad seeing how much hurt Dean hides away and how he feels he has to live with so many things he feels guilty about.
daniel chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
I liked it typical of both characters so the tale rang true. Keep up the good work!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
We've had a nice little storm so I got to read this. LOVED it!

No action, really, but I like them trying to work things out in their own way. It's both frustrating and endearing. :D

Nicely done. :)
scootersmom chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Thanks for a great story. I really enjoyed reading it from Sam's point of view!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »