Reviews for Yggdrasil
Ulternate Universe chapter 3 . 12/20/2013
This is so good! I love how Loki does not really understand who he is anymore, and fills in the blanks all us fans can clearly see in The Avengers: Loki is not himself and there is evidence of some form of nasty persuasion before, if you get my meaning :D. I also think this completly complements the crazy worn out look in the very first scene which Loki is introduced. Hopefully you decide to write more because it is truly a awe-inspiring peice of writing!
Mad-Zazzy chapter 3 . 12/7/2013
Wow, this is amazingly well written, lovely story! :)
Guest chapter 3 . 9/19/2013
Ooooh, very nice! I would love to read more of this story. This puts a whole new spin on what happened in the movie. And a very intriguing one, to boot!
wbss21 chapter 3 . 10/21/2012
This is really, truly excellent! I see you haven't updated in a long while, but I hope you'll consider continuing it, because it's just brilliantly written, and such an interesting concept and idea regarding what exactly happened to Loki following his fall from the Bifrost. It's something we don't see in the film, obviously, but there's hints of Loki having either been tortured, or physically and mentally somehow damaged beyond what we saw at the end of "Thor". And what you've come up with I think is just genius. That really would drive someone over the brink of sanity, to see so much all at one, and I think it's fantastic the way you presented it in chapter two, this sort of almost stream of consciousness, giving the reader a sense of confusion similar to what Loki himself must have been feeling, and just this overload of information, so intense it actually had a physical affect on him.

And you also capture so well Loki's spiritual and emotional desolation, just how lost he is, and you just get this sick feeling from the way you describe the Chitauri finding him, and using his longing and need for acceptance, and his damaged psyche to bend him to their will, speaking with Thanos about him being something that could be "useful". It's really an interesting examination, I think, of Loki's need to be worthy, to find himself actually useful and needed, and he's so desperate and so empty of that desire, that he's willing and ready to take claims of his being worthy from anywhere he can get it. What's so sad about this scenario is that the Chitauri saw this desperation in Loki when he was at his most vulnerable and helpless, and they took cruel advantage of it, and your writing just does the most fabulous job of conveying that.

And I loved this last chapter, how you used an actual scene from the film, and brought the reader along through Loki's internal thoughts while all of this was occurring. I particularly loved the part where you take us inside Loki's mind when Thor calls his slights "imagined", because that claim on Thor's part is pretty blatantly incorrect, though Thor probably really believes it. But we see in the film "Thor", Loki being disregarded and disrespected throughout the film by the other Asgardian's, and even Thor himself, and so Loki's anger at his statement I can only imagine was one of pure rage and disbelief. Of course, it's not going to help Loki at all to keep ignoring the root of his problem.

Anyway, this is just a beautifully written story, and I hope you'll decide to continue it. Thank you so much for sharing!
pikachucat chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
cool
Talk Bubble chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
"the insanity of half-seen, barley understood visions returned" So Loki sees visions, but he doesn't understand, or he understands wrong and then he goes insane... man... what a horrible way to go...

Will there be more? :D
Talk Bubble chapter 2 . 6/10/2012
That must have been difficult to write... but you clearly got your point across... Loki no longer understands who he is. It's beautiful in a very confusing way.
Talk Bubble chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Wow... I honestly believe that this could become my head-canon. I mean, Joss Whedon did say that Loki "saw things" when he fell into the void. That's why he went insane, isn't it?

Is Loki actually the Captain of the Guard, or is that just in your stories, too?
acidburned chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Hello there! I just wanna say how amazing this story is. It's just so different and it's very well written. A great combination of Norse folklore and the Avengers storyline (having the Tony/Pepper-reactor scene was awesome).. And the fact that I could totally envision what was going on in the second chalet with all the different views was amazon. Please write more!
Dantalions chapter 3 . 5/23/2012
Dang. This story's getting good.
IVYIv chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
i feel so bad for loki it breaks my heart T_T, i just want to make it better for him... TT_TT *CRYS*
makoto4ever chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
More please!
SlimReaper chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
I'm enjoying this immensely! You are a gifted writer. Update soon!
deztia18 chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
So well written, I love it. Can't wait to read more!
Death-Muncher chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
This story is amazing. I love the way you've written Loki's madness.