Reviews for Rivers and Roads
burninglikeacid chapter 1 . 8/13
F*ck this was so good - I barely read fanfics with such quality in content. And your writing style is awesome! Fyi I started crying in the living room at 10am so you're responsible for my mum thinking I'm crazy.
HermioneK chapter 1 . 7/12
WOW OK WOW. I read this at work and after I finished I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom because I was SOBBING. Getting stabbed with a knife would've hurt less than reading this fic my gosh.

I thought the part with the doctor and the eyes was too much. Too much eyes descriptions for my taste. The part with Dean getting mad at the girl for not answering her phone call - TOO GOOD. So in character. And the karaoke song? My god, that song already made me cry before reading this fic. Idk if I can ever listen to it again.
AlxM chapter 1 . 5/18
I'm still in love with this story. Two years later and it still breaks me.
RubyRainAlchemist chapter 1 . 4/25
I would like to inform you that…that was not okay! I had to pause several times because I was actually crying. The way you wrote Sam and Dean was so spot on that I could actually see everything happening as an episode. Dean's emotions were also perfectly horrible as I started to feel everything with him as the story went on.
The story was amazing enough that I'd definitely read it again if I thought I could handle it emotionally. Well done, but also curse you.
You destroyed me! Oh my god. I cried, I had to take a break halfway through to get tissues. Nothing has ever made me cry like this before. I've never cried watching the show or reading another fic. I don't know if this makes you the most talented author in history or satan himself. You made me cry which comes about once a year, of that. Jesus, this fic. It was so heartbreaking beautiful. I don't know if I should thank you or curse you because I'm pretty sure I won't think about anything else for at least a week. Fantastic writing, devestating, but fantastic.
Lottie chapter 1 . 1/10
I barely ever cry at fictional works. I never write reviews. I'm writing this and bawling my eyes right now.

Probably because I had experience like this that I can really sympathize with Dean's feelings, the thing about gradually losing someone and it was so realistic it hurt. To watch something so immensely dear just disappear like air through your fingers. Though it was the last moment of Sam and Dean's grieving that opened the lid and... yeah, the tears can't stop.

I especially loved the part towards the ending. Even though there's not much of Sam, Sam is everywhere. Sam is beautiful and every memory about Sam in Dean is so beautiful and radiant it was like a knife shattering Dean.

It struck close to home and was especially sophisticated and graceful. Thank you.
Lilynette chapter 1 . 12/22/2015
How could...

How...

What. I just. No.

You have no idea how hard I'm sobbing right now. I'm a freakin mess. All because of your story. Damn you, and bless you, because that was horrible but also beautiful. When a story makes you cry like that... it had been a while. Congrats.

Now I'm gonna go curl up in a ball and cry some more.
beckini chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
Very good story. II really liked it.
GinnyPotterLove chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
Thank you for this. I just lost my cousin to cancer and while this story made me sob uncontrollably it also made me reevaluate some things and convinced me to get help for my depression. You were right about everything in this. And it sucks but it was very therapeutic to read this, so thank you.
jojospn chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
This is incredibly beautiful. I won't lie, it was a very tough, emotional read for me, since my uncle passed of lung cancer only seven months ago. I honestly considered dropping it, no matter how well written this was. But I am so glad I stuck with it. It was absolutely beautiful, and comforting. Very rarely do I cry over fanfic, but even without the personal connection, I would have. You handled such a difficult subject with grace and dignity. Thank you so much for posting.
Firenze Fox chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
OH GOD IT IS TOO EARLY FOR ME TO BE CRYING THIS HARD.
Sad-Blue-Eyed-Angel 2010 chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
That was a beautiful story.
Wunjo chapter 1 . 4/15/2015
That was the saddest story I have ever read, I cried all the way to the end. Brilliant writing to get that sort of emotional response, well done!
ssaharadesert chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
Omg...that was so touching...I couldn't even finish it past the second karaoke part with Dean because I don't want to start crying in a public place :'(
Great job writing this, I love it!
lucacat4 chapter 1 . 12/23/2014