Reviews for Rivers and Roads
jojospn chapter 1 . 7/19
This is incredibly beautiful. I won't lie, it was a very tough, emotional read for me, since my uncle passed of lung cancer only seven months ago. I honestly considered dropping it, no matter how well written this was. But I am so glad I stuck with it. It was absolutely beautiful, and comforting. Very rarely do I cry over fanfic, but even without the personal connection, I would have. You handled such a difficult subject with grace and dignity. Thank you so much for posting.
Firenze Fox chapter 1 . 7/12
OH GOD IT IS TOO EARLY FOR ME TO BE CRYING THIS HARD.
Sad-Blue-Eyed-Angel 2010 chapter 1 . 6/25
That was a beautiful story.
Wunjo chapter 1 . 4/15
That was the saddest story I have ever read, I cried all the way to the end. Brilliant writing to get that sort of emotional response, well done!
ssaharadesert chapter 1 . 2/4
Omg...that was so touching...I couldn't even finish it past the second karaoke part with Dean because I don't want to start crying in a public place :'(
Great job writing this, I love it!
lucacat4 chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
Oh. :'(
3DBABE1999 chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
That was so heartbreaking..

I won't lie.. I bawled my eyes out..

The ending was beautiful and had an aching tinge of happiness to it, which was so perfectly in cadence with the tone of the rest of the story that it made me cry even harder..

Perfect and beutiful even when it was painful and made me cry at a few places (okay I practically cried the entire time)..

Absolutely outstanding writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
Somehow I completely missed the "character death" warning at the opening of this story. Had I noticed, I likely would have turned away; but I'm glad I didn't. This story is equally heartbreaking and beautiful. The emotions were very real - I had to stop reading at one point to get a box of tissues. It's true that the pain of losing a loved one doesn't go away, but it does soften over time. You figure out that life goes on, and that even in the aching absence of someone, your life goes on, too. You've shown that beautifully with Dean here, ending on a note of hope as he finds comfort in his memories of Sammy and the assurance that they'll see each other again because they're brothers. Thank you for this heartfelt story.
lequeenofmoondoor chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
I'm literally crying on the school bus... Maybe not the best thing to be doing at 7 am. Holy crap, this was sad! I might cry again thinking about it. It was so well written and beautiful. Thank you for writing this.
Noxbait chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
Ok. That broke my heart in a thousand pieces. :( I am not exaggerating a bit...I just cried my eyes out. Big snotty tears. The whole works. That one hurt. I will read this one whenever I need a good cry. That was unbelievable. You masterfully wrung my heart until it bled. I couldn't even read every word. I was tearing up so much... Ok. I'll shut up now...and grab more kleenex...
lotchness chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
I'm not sure how to thank someone who's responsible for tearing your heart out... but thank you! Some heartaches are worth it
Disappearing Rose chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
This is the sadest and most beautiful story I have ever read.

I'm so glad that Dean is okay and knows that he'll see Sam again someday.

Love this story, well done:-)

Rosie
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Holy crap, this was beautiful. Great job.
Smokelesseyes chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
Alright, I'll be honest with you: when I first read that this was a story about Sam dying of cancer, I almost exited out. However, I was a little curious to see how this would go (of Sam dying of something not supernatural, but still monstrous), so I continued.

Before I go on, there is something you should know about me. I rarely cry when reading or watching something extremely sorrowful; only two books have ever brought tears to my eyes, and a handful of films. Never have I read a fanfiction that has made tears prick my eyes, until now.

This was beautiful. It was so amazing, the depth and the way the story flowed was perfect. You did an excellent job portraying Sam and Dean; this is honestly one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. The raw emotion intertwined with the descriptive writing was phenomenal.

I'm so glad I found this story, and am so glad you wrote it. When I read this story, I could feel time passing, I felt as though I was with Sam and Dean during this whole story. Beautiful, beautiful work.

Thank you for writing.

Star
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
This was painfully beautiful...