Reviews for Five Strays Elizabeth Naismith Took in
TreacleMineRoad chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
beautiful. and sad. I always regretted that Cordelia never got along better with her mother. (I do understand that, though.) But the ohgoditsreallyMiles! moment was when he came into her apartment and started taking down her wall paneling. OBVIOUSLY needed to be done, of course, and with his interest in plumbing, well...I really liked this.
triggerpoints chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
thank you for her perspective on Barrayarans on and off Beta
Falbert Forester chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Well done! You've taken some little moments from the cannon work, and come up with a delightful piece, filling in a bit more of the Vorkosigan stories here and there. It's quite well written, too - I can certainly imagine Cordelia reading these letters.
the Dah chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Very touching letters. Thank you for sharing!
JackLEagle chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
That was a wonderful short story. I've just discovered that there are Miles Vorkosigan stories here, and yours was one of the first I've read. You captured all of the characters beautifully.
lonni chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
this was so well written and sweet and perfect. It's really good
Bracketyjack chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Nice, Minutia_R - I especially like the idea of Miles claiming diplomatic immunity as a response to suggested therapy, and can just hear him saying it.

Not sure Ekaterin would regret Tien quite that way, though - and I think she'd think the -worst- thing he ever did was the way he affected Nikki's perception of his Vorzohn's Dystrophy and refused to have it treated because it would reveal his own. The idea that she -likes- maple mead is also one I'm trying to wrap my head round. I once had her, when forcibly presented with a glass, suck occasional drops from a finger, but there you go.

Why Cordelia and/or Gregor hasn't sorted the Mehta assault problem long before now is one of those suggestive mysteries. I do agree she could have done and I -do- like the line about Betan statutes of limitations.

Hope all's well with you.
Vivtek chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Yet another fantastic view into the Vorkosiganverse. The final section had me in tears.
joniskpelare chapter 1 . 5/8/2012