Reviews for Hidden Motives
I love it, I love it, I loved reading this so much ;-; This is a masterpiece! Thank you for writing this wonderful story!
homozyghost chapter 7 . 4/25
?! OMG
HPowl chapter 7 . 2/25
Oh my goshhhh i never guessed the plot twist at all! So cleverly done I'm actually screaming!
kingdomchild1410 chapter 28 . 11/28/2020
Oh my word! Thi was so good - I just spent my entire Saturday reading it straight from beginning to end. You are such a talented writer and your plotting (and plot-twising, OMG) are impeccable. I never saw any of your surprises coming, not one! And Sythe was such a cool. clever and comlicated villain. Thank you so much for writing this!
Guest chapter 28 . 6/24/2020
This was awesome! I really like Arthur's character in this fic. I don't like the jerk others give. And Arthur isn't mean to Merlin. And the plot was great too, no doubt. And also Merlin. Merlin isn't this stupid thing that would just keep shut etc and just accept everything. Not healing the knife wound, I understand people do self hurtful things like those in difficult times. But God, the reconciliation? The last few chapters. They are just... Exemplary. They are so so so in character. Like Arthur does write that letter. And it is bloody hard. And the way realise trust is by the sheer realisation that they are both the same people. And thank God that Merlin doesn't take unreasonable blame upon himself and TELLS Arthur that Uther's laws are the mistrust. Very nice fic, I am very happy that I came across this. Lancelot and Gwaine are well written too. And the description of difference between Merlin and Gwen domains of soothing Arthur? Being able to keep both of them important to him? That was nice too. And Arthur not priotising either over the other. He did go after Merlin. And of course Gwen understood when it came to it. Brilliant. The whole fic. I for one really liked it.
KuroiDeLaTsuki chapter 28 . 4/28/2020
Oh I'm not really good with words, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this story! Loved every single piece of it and I was just buzzing with excitement throughout the whole read. It was absolutely fantastic!
kettlecorn chapter 25 . 7/6/2019
Sythe is such an impressive character. I'm definitely not rooting for him, but can applaud his brilliance and I'm glad that Merlin's decided to play this game.
kettlecorn chapter 21 . 7/6/2019
Bravo to scythe. He is very brilliant.
pumpkinmoose22 chapter 28 . 6/1/2019
This was a beautiful ride from start to finish. Thank you for sharing it. This concept hasn't exactly been used very often and your particular story was incredibly refreshing. I love the way your words flowed with every scene. You had me on one fantastic emotional rollervoaster ride right from the start. Thank you very much for brightening my day!
drakon.beth chapter 28 . 11/11/2018
I really enjoyed reading this! The entire thing kept me on the edge of my seat! :)
Guest chapter 28 . 8/3/2018
This is brillliiiiaaaannnnttt
Guest chapter 20 . 7/11/2018
I LOVE this fic so much!
Guest chapter 28 . 2/7/2018
This story is awesome! Love it!.
Llamasandtea chapter 7 . 11/3/2017
I KNEW IT OHMY FREAKING SCREAMING HELL I FUCKING KNEW IT ARGHHHHH
Llamasandtea chapter 5 . 11/3/2017
Oh my freaking screaming Hell you know what I just thought of? It's not Merlin who's enchanted. It's Arthur. Of COURSE Merlin wouldn't hurt Arthur! But if the enchantment was making Arthur see false things, such as, say, his MOST LOYAL FRIEND pour POISON into his drink, that would take out Merlin without the sorcerer ever having to fight Merlin. And then they could make him believe that others were betraying him as well, such as, say, making him believe/see GWEN AND LANCELOT WERE HAVING AN AFFAIR TOGETHER. And then all the other knights and stuff until he's all alone, paranoid about everyone, and completely defenceless. Fucking Hell if this is not how this fic turns out I'll write that myself. Holy shite.
Also, something I thought of. If Merlin does go to his execution and he IS being enchanted, then what stops the enchanter from taking control of Merlin while he's outside of his cell and being prepared for execution? Uther, Arthur, and a shitton of other important people are going to be in the courtyard, watching Merlin's execution. It would be the perfect moment for the enchanter to finish his work! And everyone would be too stunned and too late to react to Merlin suddenly snapping the royal prats' necks! I am so all over the place. Such a good fic.