Reviews for Spies and Lies
superpower37 chapter 16 . 10/18/2012
Awesome story! Just watched the episode myself today. I may have been born in 1990's, but I still love seeing some of these old shows. I am curious what the episode would've been like from Frank's POV; I might try writing that, but it'll be hard. Either way, good story!
jarlcarriers chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
thats a lotta damns! excuse my swearing! i dont even say the s word out loud! heck i cant even say sexy out loud! anyways, ROSSOME SAUCE!
Bookdancer chapter 16 . 8/5/2012
Great job! Sorry I didn't review the last chapter, I didn't have access to my computer. Please update soon!
leyapearl chapter 16 . 8/2/2012
Nice ending. I really liked your take on the story as I always found the episode enjoyable but too pat. I look forward to what you come up with next.
SnowPrincess88 chapter 16 . 7/21/2012
Awww, sweet chapter! I loved the ending! Glad to see Joe is well on his way to recovery...and New Orleans. Which should snap him out of any lingering worry pretty quickly, as that particular episode of the show kept them quite busy. LOL

Nice job on a wonderful story!
Autumrose chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
Beautiful ending to a wonderful story, thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/19/2012
Sounds like Joe is making real progress here, and his fears are totally understandable.

And I kind of like Elmer, so I won't be upset if he hangs around. ;)
Snidley Whiplash chapter 16 . 7/18/2012
This was a great story! I really like the way you did the episode. I never believed the bad guys would have tried for the information with that scheme instead of torture. They didn't even know how much time they had! I think this is a better take and more realistic and I like that you let us see what happened after the episode with how Joe dealt with it all.
Annabel Willow chapter 16 . 7/18/2012
Omg that ending was soooo cute! I loved this story from beginning to end! Great job!
mcatB chapter 16 . 7/18/2012
This was a great story, Mouse! Thanks for taking this further (and away) from the original episode. It was well written and the brotherly love shone through!
Caranath chapter 16 . 7/18/2012
*sniff* another one over..

wow.. are you sure you aren't a psychologist/psychiatrist in the real world? you have some amazingly astute insights into a few aspects of human behavior( and yes I am talking about Divine Right as well)

I confess, I went back and rewatched the episode the other day, and something that still bugged me is the sheer lack of emotion that all three of 'em displayed other than a few tears from Shaun. ( we won't go into the whole 'random candystriper sees one patient being wheeled in and starts spying on him thus helping him to escape.. or her distinct LACK of a Chinese..or even English..accent. and uhh Berkley student? candy striping in Hong Kong? really? suddenly deciding to become a spy after being kidnapped? yer kidding, right?)

and while I can appreciate( and admire) Parker and Edmund's professionalism and 'show must go on mentality' one lousy flashback scene where the boys are being brothers was insufficient( and unbelievable) when you factor in the overwhelming closeness of the brothers.

But here you have managed to do just that.. convey the role each bother plays in the relationship as well as define their effect on each other. I especially agree with your take that Joe is the Glue, and the fact that Joe is perhaps a little more needy/less independent when push comes to shove. and now comes MY psychologic excuse: being the younger, and having Laura die while he was just a youngster, probably effected the baby of the family a lot harder than Frank or Fenton.. luckily, they had a surrogate in Gertrude( not the same, but a familiar presence none the less) and you can tell Frank took the responsibility of looking after Joe up as well. Joe's impulsive streak is his way of trying to break free, without actually meaning to or wanting too.

so uhh.. this means you have more time to devote to Kings, right? I'll write mine if you will write yours! Deal?
Elenhin chapter 16 . 7/18/2012
Good chapter, I really feel sorry for those that got killed in the fire, even if it's make believe, ;) Would make him worry, a flashback like that can be really nasty. I sure understand he wanted to keep them close.

Yeha, that's Frank, going to Mardi Gras, where's the museums... ;)

*hugs* Take care now.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/13/2012
Elmers kinda cool in a way, there are far worse hallucinations... ;) I still like your shrink and I wanna know why there aren't really any real ones like him. Good chapter, adn good for Joke, knowing what the problem is is halfwya to dealing with it. Hell yeah the world is a scary place, Just getting started agan, trying to see if everythings back to normal, and it won't be at first... Takes a while...

Good chapter. *hugs* Elenhin
Caranath chapter 15 . 7/13/2012
you know we expect the doctor to not only know what is wrong,but to have all the answers and be able to tell us exactly what to do( or take) to make it all better.

how dare they expect to be an active participant in our own health and well being? heheheh ( yeah yeah hitting a little close to home here.)

Have you been hanging out at VAs lately? talking to wounded warriors? cuz that's a major concern of many.. the fact that eventually they have to leave the safety net of their current situation( rehab, home, whatever) and face the real world again, changed.. perhaps profoundly.. (mentally, physically and emotionally) with their new reality.

It's easy to say"I will do all the rehab I need to do to get outta this wheelchair" but eventually, the day comes.. and alluvasudden.. you aren't so sure you wanna stand up on your own two feet after all.

Joe has doubts. doubts he will be able to back his family up when push comes to shove, doubts that he's lost whatever mojo he had/needs to be a PI, doubts that he will be able to move past this and not let it govern his life, even subtly
hlahabibty chapter 15 . 7/13/2012
Thanks for the update. So Elmer really is a coping mechanism,
I wonder if you'll bring him back? I still feel terrible for poor Joe,
I can't imagine being afraid of getting better.

Hla