Reviews for Fridays Always End In DOOM
Guest chapter 5 . 12/29/2015
OMG THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD I CHOKED
Sauron Gorthaur chapter 11 . 7/27/2015
Huzzah! And congratulations on finishing your epic. A fine wrap up to this whole business, it was indeed. I think I may have mentioned it in one of my last couple reviews, but I personally didn’t mind the (slightly more) serious tone at the end – for me, the best types of humor fics and parodies are the ones that have a little heart in them as well ;) What can I say: I like my laughs with a dose of teary eyes on the side :P And you delivered well on that account!

And I really liked to see Maglor get offered the Silmaril and then to see him turn it down, recognizing that there are more important things than big, shiny jewels. He kind of atones for his family’s craziness in that moment, and it was nice to see him get pardoned and released from the Curse. I especially loved the detail of Varda healing his hands. I had not thought about that fact particularly before, but having burnt hands would be pretty awful for a musician, so it was nice that he got those nimble, harp-playing fingers back, as well as getting to return home.

I loved the emphasis on the Valar and Eru’s mercy, grace, and forgiveness, too. Not a lot of fics show that particular side of the Valar and Eru, as most fics focus on the Doom side. In general, I see a lot of stories showing the Powers as oppressive, controlling types who just love slinging curses on people, but I think this is a much more accurate portrayal of them (humor and parody aspects aside). It’s lovely to see a fic that ends with the Valar lifting Maglor’s curse, healing him, and literally welcoming him back with open arms. I can see the Christian influence in that ending, and it was beautiful to see :)

Blessings to you, Celt and Mihi, and I wish you both the best of luck as you head off to college. Thank you for the funny and entertaining ride that has been this story! Cheers!

Elf from Downunder chapter 11 . 6/28/2015
And such a grand ending to the story! I've absolutely loved reading it over the course of three years (THREE YEARS!? I can't believe it's been that long ...) ;)
I love how even with all its humor and funny moments, you've still managed to weave emotions into it with Maglor welcomed back to Valinor. It's such an amazing fusion of feelings - dying of laughter, and then feeling overwhelmed with feels. Mandos relaxing with lemonade with a 'gloomy and grey' smile is quite the image. ;D And in the end, Feanor and Sauron are still confined.

Well done for finishing! This story has been a pleasure to be following!
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 11 . 6/22/2015
What a magnificent ending! I absolutely adore the way you've written Maglor's memories and emotions in this chapter. His interactions with the Valar are so beautiful and touching. Manwë's mercy (and articulation of Ilúvatar's capacity for grace) is perfectly in-character, as are Varda's tremendous power combined with tenderness. The serious twist works brilliantly, and there's still plenty of humor here to match the delightful craziness of the rest of the story. :D

I've enjoyed this fic so much, in so many ways. It's given me tons of belly laughs, but also plenty of stirring emotions, especially in these last few chapters as Maglor has been on the scene. I'm so happy you finished it, but I'll definitely miss it, too!

Amazing work, my dear!
-Crackers

PS: Thank you so much for the shout-out! *blushes* That absolutely made my day! I'm honored to have played even a small part in executing this fantastic story. :D *blushes again* *hugs*
LainaFantasyGirl chapter 11 . 6/21/2015
That was perfect. I laughed, I captained facepalmed, I got misty-eyed... It was everything a good fanfic should be. :)
Thalion Estel chapter 11 . 6/21/2015
*wipes away tears* I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS SO MUCH! There are hardly words to describe it; I can't point out the specific things I liked because I loved every single aspect. Maglor is forgiven and healed! :D Yay! And then the ending, of course, is just perfect. "But it was still a Friday. And we all know what that means." XD Thank you again and again for writing this spectacular fic with a wonderful mixture of humor and seriousness. I'm so sad to hear that we won't get more chapter fics, but since I'm in the same boat as you, I totally understand. College is a daunting, bittersweet thing for me, too. I am very eagerly awaiting those one shots you talked about, and I can't thank you enough for the laughs and the tears of joy that this story has brought me. THANK YOU!
Tai'shar Westernesse chapter 11 . 6/20/2015
Ha, very good! I really like you're characterization; I found the funny parts funny and the moving parts moving. Excellent job!
WalkingInTalaria chapter 11 . 6/19/2015
Hurrah! More doom! Oh, how I love doom. And yes, Maglor definitely should have gone home to Valinor. He deserved it. But I wish Varda had gone on with the plushie-alchemy; I want some of my own. This was so much fun to read, and I hope you have time to write more soon.
Quihi chapter 10 . 6/3/2015
Haha I've only heard Frozen a couple times recently! I find that people forget songs within a few months for the most part. Anyway, that was good! I loved the [gender-neutral Quenya place-holder noun signifying 'monarch' or 'ruler]- that was great.
Sauron Gorthaur chapter 10 . 5/31/2015
Haha, great ending (sans epilogue, of course). And everything returns to its proper order, until Fëanor starts annoying the Valar again and sends another one of them bonkers, I guess. Tulkas seems properly chastened after his dreadful experience, and I suppose this would put Maglor back in the good graces of the rest of the Valar. So, a happy ending, I guess!

I can totally imagine Melkor getting an enormous amount of perverse pleasure out of Tulkas’s predicament and the fact that the Valar are quarreling, as I can imagine that thought completely infuriating Tulkas. I liked the comment about Melkor always sowing discord among them in reference to the situation.

Oh dear, that song would do it, I guess. I loved the description of it as the most “ubiquitous, contagious, and insidious” of songs, and it is even humorously appropriate for the situation to a certain extent. I am not sure whether to be disturbed or amused by the idea of Maglor (not to mention Tulkas) singing (or trying to sing) it.

I also find some dark humor in the fact that all Maglor’s nightmare memories involve fire and/or burning. Fire and Fëanorians just don’t mix very well, despite Fëanor being “the spirit of fire,” an ironic fact that I am sure they will never live down as long as fanfiction is written about them.

Fëanor’s opinion of the word “nice” was also hilarious and completely believable in regards to his character. “Lest it come dribbling from your mouths” – perfect! Just the right tone of arrogance, disdain, and fancy phraseology for the greatest of the Noldor.

I shall be on the look-out for the promised epilogue. It’s been fun coming along with you on this journey. May the stars continue to shine brightly upon you! Cheers!

Sauron Gorthaur chapter 9 . 5/31/2015
The adventure really is starting to wind down, now that our heroines have been freed! I must say, I am sure if I were in their situation, I would also fail miserably at not staring, as rude as it may be. But how often does one have an extremely attractive Elf and Half-elf in one’s home ;) I hope they enjoy their pizza, too.

I liked Maglor’s apology about his dad. Of all the Fëanorians, Maglor does seem like the most likely candidate for being embarrassed by Fëanor’s immaturity and general lack of manners and propriety, except for possibly Maedhros. I can imagine him shaking his head and face-palming, mortified over Fëanor’s behavior towards Mihi and Celt. He’d be a first hand authority on knowing that no-one should have to put up with Fëanor’s antics, after everything Fëanor got him mixed up in, after all.

Haha, I chuckled at the comment about Tinkerbell. I guess that would explain why Fëanor and Sauron both seemed a bit emotionally-challenged, and why they both seemed capable of flying into intense rages out of the blue :P

I also liked Eärendil’s apropos farewell, especially the “scribes of the internet” bit. Also loved the chapter title – had to laugh at that :) I guess that just leaves the gibbering Vala to take care of now… Keep on writing. Cheers!

Sauron Gorthaur chapter 8 . 5/31/2015
Heheh, Fëanor’s reaction to Eärendil’s arrival was pretty much spot-on. I loved the description of Eärendil, too – yes, there aren’t a whole lot of people who go around with large shiny jewels strapped to their foreheads. It was humorously appropriate that everything devolves into Fëanor trying to reclaim the Silmaril (vainly) while screaming “IT’S MINE!” In fact, that single image pretty much covers the entire story of the Quenta Silmarillion, come to think of it :)

I’d forgotten that Sauron was reading LOTR :D Hehe, his reaction was also as expected. It’s not as if Sauron has a pride complex or anything :P I can very much imagine that Sauron would be dissatisfied with Tolkien’s distinct lack of extolling Sauron’s powers, or even including Sauron as an actual “on screen” character within the book. I could just see the mini-gears turning in Sauron’s brain, figuring out how to hunt down and punish the Professor properly. I chuckled at the sentence about Sauron’s drama queen tendencies and Feanor’s brattiness. Too true, too true. Fëanor, especially, for being “the greatest of the Noldor” does spend an awful lot of time throwing hissy fits and temper tantrums :)

I loved Maglor’s promise not to burn anything down. And it was also so humorously in character that he’d be drawn straight to the piano. And I did like the Song interlude. I love humor stories, but I find the best humorous stories are the ones that mix in *some* measure of seriousness, the ones that aren’t complete Crack!fic from beginning to end. It’s enjoyable to poke fun at the stuff we love, but I love it when humor authors also take a step back and also show us what we love about this stuff. And I think you hit the nail on the head with that brief (yet beautiful) description of the way Tolkien’s works move all of us. In those couple of sentences, I was impressed at how well you captured that illusive, haunting beauty. It was a little creepy, since, even though I’ve never heard Maglor sing of course, I knew that feeling exactly – it’s the feeling I get from LOTR and Silm. That “beauties that pierce like cold irons” quote is one of my favorites about the books, and one that has always struck me as capturing that ephemeral, penetrating sensation of timeless beauty and something above and beyond us mere mortals. I loved that you used that same quote to describe Maglor’s song. Even though I could not hear the music, I got goosebumps from that section. It was a beautiful little interlude from the goofiness and humor to remind us all why we all love these stories and these characters so much that we are sitting here writing, reading, and reviewing fan stories about them. I did not feel at all that it detracted from the story; rather, I enjoyed it immensely and liked what it added to the story. Nice work!

Haha, Ardaism, yes! That’s one of my favorites, too. I have been known to ask what the Udûn is going on, etc., etc. even outside of my fanfiction writing every once in a while ;)

Ah, yes indeed, Fëanor and Sauron may be two of the world’s greatest flyters and an epic insult match between the two of them would indeed be something awe-inspiring, especially when a Silmaril is nearby. Fëanor may be a brat, but I got to give it to him that my favorite moment in the entire Silm (and possibly the most epic moment in Arda history) is when Fëanor slams the door in Melkor’s face. We know Fëanor can deliver epically in this respect, and when he’s got his eye set on a Silmaril, I can only imagine what would start coming out of his mouth. And Sauron of course, with his talent for words, would be an equally impressive flyter, I imagine. I can also totally imagine my darling little OCD Maia breaking down and freaking out about being surrounded by such incompetent idiots as Silmaril-crazed Fëanor and Eärendil who would dare to try to restrain the Lord of the Rings himself.

Loved this chapter, and I’m interested to see how everything is going to wrap up. Keep on writing! Cheers!

Fortune Zyne chapter 10 . 5/28/2015
This is a cute chapter! Well done!
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 10 . 5/28/2015
Fabulous chapter! Ha, a little sick of Frozen, but this amazing version of 'Let It Go' is definitely going to be stuck in my head forever... ;D I loved seeing inside both Maglor and Tulkas' thoughts! I especially loved Maglor's memory of Feanor and the use of 'nice'; that's just so perfect. :) And Tulkas' randomness was hilarious, too, and I loved his and Namo's reaction to the cure, too. :D

Great work!
-Crackers
Thalion Estel chapter 10 . 5/28/2015
XD This was so hilarious! I just loved every single line and element of this chapter! The part with the pizza at the beginning was of course awesome; the image in puts in my head is too lovely for words. :) The whole rabbit trail about the word "nice" was hysterical; I love little details like that. But then, taking the cake, the Valar-version of Let It Go was both totally unexpected and amazingly hilarious. That darn song IS so stinking catchy! And yes, I am sick of Frozen. Have been for months. And that's why this chapter is so funny. ;) Even the title of the chapter is awesome. I can't wait until the epilogue is posted!