Reviews for Zero Hour
shadow miko chapter 23 . 5/27
This was an excellent story and I loved they story line! I would of liked a bit of competition for Sakura but that's my hopeless romantic side but overall loved this fic! :D
usagi-no-usotsuki chapter 23 . 3/22
Great story, I loved the fights ;)
I'm tempted to accept this as my canon now...
Faraheim chapter 23 . 2/27
I am amazed very funny and romantic lol seriously i loved this thanks for writing it 3
cherryblossomszahime chapter 23 . 2/23
Absolutely loved everything about this!:):)
Kudos ️
yorunaka-kun chapter 23 . 11/17/2016
It's weird leaving a review in a Naruto fanfiction especially since I'm not exactly a fan of the anime/manga. A few years ago though, I stumbled upon the fandom when I found that the fandoms I was in didn't quite have quality fanfiction. Ever since then, I've gotten myself immersed in the writing of Naruto fanfiction authors and come back every now end then.

For the longest time though, I've mainly only read ItaSaku works since I can't help but find that those have the most substance and the writers are able to write romantic prose which I can stomach. Being an outsider to the fandom who has only seen very few episodes of the anime and who has only read up to the third volume of the manga, I can only judge the characters as how the author chooses to write them so a lot of writing don't speak to me. I found myself gravitating towards the ItaSaku fandom because most of them speak of flawed but capable and humane characters.

To be honest, I didn't even expect to find this gem in the SasoSaku section of Naruto fanfiction. I have read a few works from this pairing long ago and while while tales of dominance and submission are relatively okay reads every now and then, they're not exactly my cup of tea. So I learned to pretty much veer away from this pairing due to the lack of writing which really speak to me. So imagine my surprise when I found this.

I'm really thankful that you've chosen to write and finish this story. I find that in everything I've read so far, this is the only fanfiction (along with it's prequels of course) I've seen which really tries to gives depth to Sasori's character on top of merely being an emotionless and cruel puppet master. Admittedly, I still have a lot of questions after having read your work in a short period of time. I wonder as to the reason why Sasori even chose Sakura as his queen in the first place. I wonder why you had chosen to kill off Kakashi when he could have been an additional element to the plot. I wonder what comes after. Even with those questions though, I still found that I really liked your story. I liked how, from the onset, you had already structure the story in such a manner that really makes us what understand what your plot is going to revolve on so we don't get confused. And I love how you started it.

It was utterly refreshing to read a younger Sasori who is completely human and who had treasured Orochimaru to a certain extent. And while it had been a bit painful to read how he was betrayed in the end, it was interesting to see that it did not deter him from pushing forward. I still do not fully understand his motive in full even after reading the part where Sasori explains that what he wants transcends simple revenge. And for some reason, I can't help but think that this is a fight resulting from a clash of ideals. As they say, the victor determines how history should be written. In this case, it feels like the victor determines which way of life proves to be superior - which version of immortality proves to be superior.

And well those questions that this story has me asking are probably the main reason why I like your writing so much. It's not quite the romance aspect which makes me hooked but rather the why's that enshroud the character's actions. Honestly, it's a bit of a shame that this is your only completed multichapter SasoSaku work. I was hoping there was more so I could further understand your version of Sasori and how his mind works. I feel like I've been given a good taste of it in this series and now I want more.

And I guess that's mostly it. That's the biggest part of your writing that kept me wanting to finish it. Of course you also wrote characters in a manner that was pleasant and that is a really good thing. I've noticed that the part of Naruto fandom I read from (pretty much the pro Sakura one) has a lot of Karin and Sasuke bashing going on. And while I didn't care about it so much before, it gets annoying after reading so much of it. I'm even more thankful that you didn't go that route even though you had the perfect plot device for it when Sasuke betrayed Sakura's trust in her capture.

So thank you so much for writing. I'm really glad to have stumbled upon this fic of yours.
DeGlace chapter 2 . 11/8/2016
- good chill conversation between the squad. i feel like i should point this out because, to me, the every-day things like this (that give life and atmosphere to a story) are the most difficult to write because there's no drama or upswells of romance or whatever. but you did it really well & didn't give me whiplash reading through it (you know when dialogue whips back and forth between too many participants)
- sakura arm wrestling - i approve (you will see why when you read those docs)
-"Kurenai had been working with her over the last year to develop her latent affinity for genjutsu." - THANK YOU FOR THIS. really. it's one of those annoying loose ends in the canon (or at least, as much of the canon as i know) where we're told sakura is good at genjutsu but it never goes anywhere.
- sakura's gone and got herself in shit ooohhhh
DeGlace chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
there's some sasosaku artwork by multicream making the rounds on tumblr which reminded me that i wanna read this.

i forgot what an asshole sasori is.

"What a fucking waste. When did you go senile, old hag?" - U LEAVE CHIYO ALONE PUPPET BOY

"So I didn't have to give my life to bring her back."
"That's a shame." - GETS ANGRIER ok seriously this is some good dialogue

-Snowflakes rained from the sky like ashes - SO PRETTY

- oh. oh. OH. THERE'S A LIVING BODY W/ AFEEDING TUBE IT'S HIM.

- THIS JUST GOT GOOD
simpleliza27 chapter 18 . 11/4/2016
"That's my girl." I just can't help squealing whenever that pops out! Go Sakura!
simpleliza27 chapter 17 . 11/4/2016
hahahaha XD. Deidara, poor guy
sweetysm chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I loved it! It's just wonderful, from beginning to end, glad you finished it! :)
Dimensional Roamer chapter 23 . 10/25/2016
Love this so much. DR
AJlovesKakashi chapter 23 . 10/15/2016
Utterly fantastic!
Your characterization, dialogue, and humor were all on point and your blending of canon with your head-canon in Zero Hour, as well as both of its prequels, was absolutely wonderful. It was compelling and dynamic with each part contributing to the overall tone and purpose of the story and nothing felt unnecessary or superfluous.
I hope you make more returns to Naruto and bring more splendid contributions to the fandom.
SoMuchPaprika chapter 23 . 10/9/2016
I was so sad when I started reading this a few months ago because I never taught it will ever be finished BUT IT DID AND I'M SO THANKFUL! Ok, first the plot is everything (I don't care what people say, this is now canon), the characterization is just perfect (seriously, major respect for that), and also the writing style is beautiful. Honestly, reading this made me obsessed with Sasori and Sakura and the whole first arc of Shippuden... again. Anyway, that was an awesome piece of writing and I thank you Renaerys for devoting your time to this (because you probably spent a crap tone on it) and to share it with us.
PS. The prequels are also incredible, so to anyone that skipped them, go read that now!