Reviews for Avatar of Victory
dekuton chapter 81 . 5/13
that was excellent. wish there was more.
Arcane Howitzer chapter 81 . 5/13
That took ENTIRELY too long. Still, it was probably one of the best fics I've read in a good long while (and not just because it took a good long while to read it :P).

My only complaint is that every now and then, you've got words that went missing or got auto-corrected wrong. 9.5/10
codexrun chapter 1 . 5/12
uhhh um 1.8 million words ummm wow great job dude uhhh most storys i read are only 20k or 100k words long
Arcane Howitzer chapter 1 . 4/18
This certainly looks like it has the makings of a good alt-ME fic, and I've seen quite a few of them. The 1.8 million word count is a bit intimidating, but I'm nothing if not persistent.

Just one nagging question so far: What's with this "Jacqueline Nilsdottir" chick? This is the first time a story like this has stuck an extra on Shep's team from the start like they've always been there, and I'd like to at least know if there's an explanation to look forward to regarding her.
Also, that last name is remarkably Nordic-looking for a world with no Europe to speak of. And not just like Jenkins or Anderson; that is a combination of sounds that would straight-up never arise in a language not directly descended from the old Norselands. Did this Avatar-verse have Vikings somewhere in its history or something?
...
I should write that one down. Avatar, with Vikings.
RG chapter 9 . 4/14
YESSS!
I love the way that you had Tali adopt CanonRenegadeShepard's approach to Khalisah.
Thomas.berubeg chapter 81 . 2/5
Well, I just reread this, a read after the one year anniversary of the start of the hiatus. I'm still keening on this starting up again, but that end of the last chapter is surprisingly satisfying as an ending.

Everytime I reread this, I pick new things up.

Maybe I struggled to understand the chapter with the pantkrator... But the shadows: were they aliens of some sort? Or some of the darker aspects of humanity itself? In a way, the later is more tragic.
Emissary of Shadow chapter 81 . 1/15
I beg of you, please finish this. You've posted over 3.5 years and have posted 1.8 million words. You can't let this be unfinished, so close to the end? It almost physically hurts to not have this finished... Please tell me you'll still finish it.

I absolutely love it so damn much.
CunkToad chapter 81 . 1/4
You are so close to the end mate. Don't you quit on me now. I've read this story for the better part of the last six month, you got this. It's simply the best fanfiction I've ever read. No debate there. The characters are fantastic,your writing style is fantastic and it basically feels like its canon, not fan written. So good dude.

Come on, once more into the breach!
AzurCeleste chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
James Golen, I don't know what became of you since I don't drop by SB either—just your run-of-the-mill creeptastic lurker—but do know that I appreciate this story all the way from Panama and I am still waiting for wherever you feel up to it. The way you meshed your hedcanons with ME lore and the Avatarverse has been everything! I especially love the turian take on spirits, and how THAT affects their take on AIs, it's certainly very refreshing from their usual schtick. Keep doing well, and I hoep to red you soon.
nightelf37 chapter 17 . 9/9/2016
Oh, goodie. For a second, I thought Phoenix/Cerberus would successfully capture Nilsdottir and then it would take 2 years before Shepard finds her again, and will find her in the same place as Shepard does in the game.
nightelf37 chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
At first, I thought that Nilsdottir was some OC; only more than halfway did I realize it was the psychotic biotic Jack. Still don't know the krogan, though; could be OC, could be Wrex, but definitely not Grunt.
mckertis chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
Taking dialogue from the games verbatim. 1st chapter and i'm already bored shitless.
darthtitan chapter 81 . 7/18/2016
This is an excellent story! You have superbly blended the Mass Effect and Avatar universes AND excellently fleshed out all of the characters. They all have their own distinct voices and feel REAL, even though parts of this story are uber fantastical.
I especially love Shepard in this fic because she's gone through so much but has still come so far. Keep up the good work, and please update this story soon!
Lee Totema chapter 20 . 7/6/2016
From what I saw with the matriarch I can't help but feel like Shepard is going to choose the destroy all ending and wait for the next reincarnation to end the reapers unless you have something different in mind of course.
Cillranchello chapter 81 . 6/28/2016
Oh no no no, this shit simply wont do. You write a masterpiece, an epic, a piece of literature that should be mandatory reading in colleges for "How to write a story that doesn't suck," and is otherwise worthy of study and dissection to discern the nature of it's awesome, and we don't get anything for 5 months? DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME! I have read this front to back three times, DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH READING THAT IS!? I HOPE SO SINCE YOU WROTE THE DAMN THING!

What you have created here is nothing short of a work of art, and I would hate to see this go the way of so many other great works- unfinished and left on the back of some shelf, metaphorical or not. You are a competent and talented writer, and this story(amongst your other works on FFnet, read those front to back a couple times too) are rooted firmly within the 10% of Sturgeon's Law. Hell, you're in the 1% of the finest stories I've read ever.

As a fellow lover of the written word, I implore you, don't give up, and finish that which you have started. Don't do it for yourself, or for your numerous fans, or any high or lofty ideal. Do it for Shepard and the Normandy Crew. You have given them a life and being of their own, you even make EDI mention Narrative Causality. While I might hope for a celluloid ending for Shepard and Co., I know your style is "the best possible given the circumstances."

Do not condemn them, and in many ways yourself, to digital purgatory. Do not leave this as an open wound in yourself. Resolve the tale. It will be bittersweet, and there will be heartache, but it deserves to be told, and anyone with the ability to weave such a tale will be better for it's completion.

If you need help, a sounding board, anything, message me. I wont claim the same literary ability as you, but sometimes a complete stranger can offer the greatest assistance.