Reviews for Avatar of Victory
Thomas.berubeg chapter 81 . 2/5
Well, I just reread this, a read after the one year anniversary of the start of the hiatus. I'm still keening on this starting up again, but that end of the last chapter is surprisingly satisfying as an ending.

Everytime I reread this, I pick new things up.

Maybe I struggled to understand the chapter with the pantkrator... But the shadows: were they aliens of some sort? Or some of the darker aspects of humanity itself? In a way, the later is more tragic.
Emissary of Shadow chapter 81 . 1/15
I beg of you, please finish this. You've posted over 3.5 years and have posted 1.8 million words. You can't let this be unfinished, so close to the end? It almost physically hurts to not have this finished... Please tell me you'll still finish it.

I absolutely love it so damn much.
CunkToad chapter 81 . 1/4
You are so close to the end mate. Don't you quit on me now. I've read this story for the better part of the last six month, you got this. It's simply the best fanfiction I've ever read. No debate there. The characters are fantastic,your writing style is fantastic and it basically feels like its canon, not fan written. So good dude.

Come on, once more into the breach!
AzurCeleste chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
James Golen, I don't know what became of you since I don't drop by SB either—just your run-of-the-mill creeptastic lurker—but do know that I appreciate this story all the way from Panama and I am still waiting for wherever you feel up to it. The way you meshed your hedcanons with ME lore and the Avatarverse has been everything! I especially love the turian take on spirits, and how THAT affects their take on AIs, it's certainly very refreshing from their usual schtick. Keep doing well, and I hoep to red you soon.
nightelf37 chapter 17 . 9/9/2016
Oh, goodie. For a second, I thought Phoenix/Cerberus would successfully capture Nilsdottir and then it would take 2 years before Shepard finds her again, and will find her in the same place as Shepard does in the game.
nightelf37 chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
At first, I thought that Nilsdottir was some OC; only more than halfway did I realize it was the psychotic biotic Jack. Still don't know the krogan, though; could be OC, could be Wrex, but definitely not Grunt.
mckertis chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
Taking dialogue from the games verbatim. 1st chapter and i'm already bored shitless.
darthtitan chapter 81 . 7/18/2016
This is an excellent story! You have superbly blended the Mass Effect and Avatar universes AND excellently fleshed out all of the characters. They all have their own distinct voices and feel REAL, even though parts of this story are uber fantastical.
I especially love Shepard in this fic because she's gone through so much but has still come so far. Keep up the good work, and please update this story soon!
Lee Totema chapter 20 . 7/6/2016
From what I saw with the matriarch I can't help but feel like Shepard is going to choose the destroy all ending and wait for the next reincarnation to end the reapers unless you have something different in mind of course.
Cillranchello chapter 81 . 6/28/2016
Oh no no no, this shit simply wont do. You write a masterpiece, an epic, a piece of literature that should be mandatory reading in colleges for "How to write a story that doesn't suck," and is otherwise worthy of study and dissection to discern the nature of it's awesome, and we don't get anything for 5 months? DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME! I have read this front to back three times, DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH READING THAT IS!? I HOPE SO SINCE YOU WROTE THE DAMN THING!

What you have created here is nothing short of a work of art, and I would hate to see this go the way of so many other great works- unfinished and left on the back of some shelf, metaphorical or not. You are a competent and talented writer, and this story(amongst your other works on FFnet, read those front to back a couple times too) are rooted firmly within the 10% of Sturgeon's Law. Hell, you're in the 1% of the finest stories I've read ever.

As a fellow lover of the written word, I implore you, don't give up, and finish that which you have started. Don't do it for yourself, or for your numerous fans, or any high or lofty ideal. Do it for Shepard and the Normandy Crew. You have given them a life and being of their own, you even make EDI mention Narrative Causality. While I might hope for a celluloid ending for Shepard and Co., I know your style is "the best possible given the circumstances."

Do not condemn them, and in many ways yourself, to digital purgatory. Do not leave this as an open wound in yourself. Resolve the tale. It will be bittersweet, and there will be heartache, but it deserves to be told, and anyone with the ability to weave such a tale will be better for it's completion.

If you need help, a sounding board, anything, message me. I wont claim the same literary ability as you, but sometimes a complete stranger can offer the greatest assistance.
Destrark chapter 38 . 6/5/2016
Lol, so the Salarians were the focus of X-Com in this universe.
Dan chapter 81 . 5/4/2016
This story's the best. Thank you.
Lee Totema chapter 17 . 5/2/2016
Wow so much going on in this chapter I'm not sure what to write about. I love the geth vs reaper talk. It really delved into the history of the morning watt and how Adahn is more sensitive than he realizes. And the fights! Wrex and Shepard, Saren and Shepard just whoa.

I remember when I first fought Saren. I was panicking like crazy. And how another avatar took place to help her was awesome. I have to admit, you made me cry when I read that Alenko died. I mean, I caught on but I didn't want to believe it but there it is. Makes me wonder what could have happened, oh well. Masterfully done.
Lee Totema chapter 16 . 4/30/2016
Poor Adahn, he keeps getting rocked every single time he meets Shepard and co. Still, seeing all of his emerging humanity is cute, considering they do feel and he's an air bender. So sad what happens to him. I really liked him.

Ah yes Liara helping Shepard out of her avatar state is one that is reminiscent of another happily married duo who are long gone. I also love Adeks in this chapter who actually beat some sense into Wrex which isn't easily done. As well as the amazingly written fight against Shepard and how you wrote the original scene out was better in my opinion.
Lee Totema chapter 15 . 4/29/2016
To see the down and broken Shepard and to compare her to the Shepard from later is astounding and amazing. The amount of character development is wonderful and the pace to put it all together is flawless. Very well done