Reviews for Avatar of Victory
OMAC001 chapter 7 . 8/4/2012
Good story. Update soon
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 6 . 7/22/2012
This story is great so far. I love how you have incorporated bending into the ME universe. I think my favorite section of this chapter was Garrus and Shepard discussing bending as they watched the sparring session in Omashu. The idea that bending can be taught to the other species is a really interesting one. And I like that humanity is so freely doing so. (Go, Avatar Hong, I guess? lol)

Also, loved the extra depth you are giving to the different species. Things we didn't necessarily hear in-game, but make sense. Again, Garrus comes to mind, talking about how turians apparently train with mockups of human bases or how he'd "seen a lot of Earth" back on Palaven. Makes sense with what we know about turians that they are still keeping an eye on humanity, so to speak, even though there's currently peace.

I haven't reviewed previous chapters, so I just wanted to say here that how you handled humanity's first contact? So excellent. A Bei Fong was so perfect there. XD And I love that the first species was the krogan and how its resulted in this bond between the krogan and the humans that we keep seeing play out- not just with Adeks being an accepted member of an Alliance crew, but Shep's dismissal of Wrex as alien and just her general easy acceptance of him. I love the krogan and I love Wrex so its heartwarming to see. I mean, not all krogan are under the same banner, of course, but its still nice they seem to have a ready ally in this universe. :)

I like your Shepard. I can see there is a lot of potential for evolution of her character, and (more importantly) that you intended that. I am wondering if you will give her a romance at some point? And if so, who with? Pretty much every game-related possibility is open so far, as well as a few that aren't, like Vega. (While on the subject: poor James. Shepard was weighing him like meat in a butcher shop for a bit there. At least he seemed oblivious to it. Could have gotten very awkward otherwise. lol)

I know the actual reaper invasion is likely a LONG ways off in this story, but I can't *wait* to see how bending plays in to it. At first I thought bending would give everyone who could do it a real advantage, but then I was surprised to see a husk firebend. So, now I have no idea which way it would go. All very interesting.

Looking very forward to future chapters. Hope we get to see more Avatar Hong. I liked him. :)
Guest chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
Another great chapter. I really like that you upload chapters so quickly and that they are long. I like that we get to see a glimpse of Earth and see more of the world building. I liked the bit of information we got about the First Contact War and I would like to know how Avatar Hong died. Did Saren kill him? I would like to see some of the Codex entries.
OMAC001 chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
I love this story. I think it is a good idea to do Codexes.
delta7 chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
Another very good chapter. I liked the details we got about the First Contact War in this universe and I am left with the question of how did Avatar Hong die. Somehow I have the feeling that Saren was involved. I liked that we briefly got to see Earth and about the histories of the main characters. When you said that Rana was one of the Beifongs, is that a hint that she is an earthbender-biotic? I think you should go with the Codex, it would be good to get details on how the Avatar world has effected the galaxy that you couldn't insert in the main story. Please keep up the good work.
delta7 chapter 5 . 7/16/2012
Another great chapter. Glad we got to see the past Avatar and learn some of the background of this universe. I hope that you will continue to update as quickly as you do. Hopefully you will be able to continue to the end of Mass Effect 3.
N3phtys chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
Sorry for not posting a review sooner (I read this the day you uploaded it, cant wait for any of you fics)

I really do like this crossover. It seems right. Also, you made Shepard even more badass than in canon.
But this chapter gave me 2 questions:
1) was Korra the last water bending avatar? (therefore making Shepard the first airbending avatar after Aang?) Couldn't really tell from the chapter (still, very fluff-y chapter, which does not feel that short)
2) will you include the new facts from the extended cut dlc? (also, the rumored Leviathan-DLC soon to be announced?) Ty made it seem like Reapers are not that souvereign as they would like... I even believe they are indoctrinated by the catalyst the same as their minions are by them. We didn't get much from Harbringer/Souvereign yet, but that might change. Any complications yet for you because of these DLC?
Nerdman3000 chapter 5 . 7/1/2012
Brilliant chapter, although I had been hoping it Aang or Korra would have showed up along with Hong. Also, will this story give spoilers to your 'Three Families' story.
delta7 chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
Glad you updated. Liked hearing about the krogan's history with humanity. It will be interesting to see what happens when Liara melds with Shepard. Please continue to work on this story.
OMAC001 chapter 4 . 6/26/2012
I love this story. Keep it up! One thing, I do not think the ship should still be named the Normandy. I needs a name that corresponds to Avatar World, like Black Sun.
N3phtys chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
ah yes, these so called 'great crossover fics'...

we have dismissed that claim.
delta7 chapter 3 . 6/16/2012
I have been reading your story for quite a while and so far it's been very interesting. I like the world building aspects of the mass effect/avatar universe. I have to admit that Shepard's characterization threw me off a lot, but it's been somewhat offset by the fact that her current attitude is not a good thing and you have implied major future character development. Hopefully character development should start to happen soon. I love the long chapters and the relatively quick updates. Thanks for writing.
Nerdman3000 chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
This is completely amazing! Are you going to be including a history of how it got from the Legend of Korra all the way to this story. That would be cool to see, kinda like what you did in Three Families. You are an amazing writer by the way. Great job and please update soon.
Mattmaster112 chapter 3 . 6/12/2012
ok, so this is a cool story, but i reckon you have set this too late in the mass effect timeline. Your take on the first contact war and the events leading up to ME1 would explain a lot of things, like why the humans are so pally with krogan, why human-turian relations are worse then normal, and a part in chapter 2 where one of the human characters mentioned taking over the citadel(?)

my second gripe is The Avatar herself, Shepard. You've mad her a bi tch. ok, so she has some reason to dislike aliens, specifically batarians, but still, and perhaps humans a little, if she blames the alliance for mindoir. but the complete disregard for anyone except for jack (nilsdottir) is not good. I don't mind a small amount of renegade, in fact it's good at times, the key point being "at times". it's hard to indentifly with a character who is an asshole.

Another reviewer asked when we would get mordin, and some other characters. In mass effect 2, like we are meant too! just because we have one early doesn't mean we need them all!
N3phtys chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
DAMMIT! now i have to playe ME1 again! :/

I really love this fic... it seems... right. But after the 3rd chapter 2 questions do keep bugging me:

1) Why no Mordin or Nassana Dantius yet? :D Jack, of course, is great as a friend for Shepard, but... Mordin makes everything hes in better, including Gilbert&Sullivan or stories of the Avatar-verse :D but thats okay, Garrus/Wrex/Jack are more than enough comic relief :)

2) Dont know who to ship with Shepard... but anyway, her "session" with Sha'ira and her reaction was... very out of canon-character :D and Garrus/Wrex are already out in front giving the metaphorical high five
688 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 Next »