Reviews for Avatar of Victory
Azrael Duke chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
In some ways, your Shepard is like Korra. Headstrong, direct, the antithesis of Aang. In other ways, she's much, much darker, more prone to lethal violence. The fact that human kind has neglected the spirituality that is part of the Avatar mythos in order to reach the stars probably has something to do with it, along with the death of her family.

What this Shepard needs is a guide. Thane comes to mind, if you've decided he exists or not. Samara also. The problem with them is that both take lives - they live in violence. Shepard needs someone with an Airbender mentality to help curb her anger, to bring her into balance. If not, then I fear that she will quickly spiral out of control.

I'm not criticizing your writing of her. Renegades can sometimes be more fun to write for than Paragons. But what I'm hoping to see is for your Avatar Shepard to show some character development within the story as she starts to really embrace who she is. To find her spiritual side, while maintaining her individuality.

On another note, I've never read many fics pairing Tali and Kaidan up before. Or it's simply a one sided crush for the quarian. Hope he doesn't get Virmire'd.
Titanmaker chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
Awesome chapter! You're world building is really amazing.
Annara Ren chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
So.. quarians 'Freak people out'? :)

Well perhaps it has something to do with personal hygiene. Tali said she hasn't seen her own leg in 3 years. So.. baths are something which happens to other species... Also, if you're stuck inside the suit pretty much all the time, waste disposal can be a problem.

Thank you for writing and sharing!

ps: poor Joker... he needs a dose of pebbly right away!
Annara Ren chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
Shepard appears to be reckless. There has to be a story behind that!

This story made me curious about the rest of your work as well.

Thank you for writing and sharing!
Annara Ren chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Jack is awesome :) I think you really captured the essence of her character.

I like your Shepard's attitude. She appears to know what she wants. And she hates batarians. Awesome!

It will be interesting to see how these two grow and develop during the course of the story.

How come Shepard has such low quality gear? When first playing the game, it is understandable from a game mechanic point of view. But here?

So far I have found the story very entertaining. I like how the characters interact with each other :)

Titanmaker chapter 2 . 5/24/2012
Sweet new story. Love how you meshed the two universes together.
stark40763 chapter 2 . 5/22/2012
Well, aside from Liara, the gang's all here aren't they? I can't wait till they start the hunt, especially since it promises to be pretty different than what you would expect, what with all the Bending and all...
N3phtys chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
... and the only thing Im going to have to miss is our beloved Fire-princess -

Wait! I wont! :D

combining Avatar Mass Effect a cynical renegade shepard?

Hell yes!
Rybalov chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
theBSDude chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
This is extremely interesting. You surprised the hell out of me with Jack.
TheNoWhereMan chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
A damn fine chapter. I look forward to more.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
The idea behind this fic, replacing our earth with another that is not already in space: Halo, Stargate, Battle Star,Robotech, W40K and ... is rather nice (and particularly untouched). I myself had considered something like that (only replacing A:TLAverse with Narutoverss, Nasuverse, and FMA) but having nearly no writing-drive it never got anywhere. May this fic inspire people to do more of this style.

To the story:

1) An interesting way to look at the of poetic but also true to their nature. I thought it was odd that Sovereign had a name "Nazara" which it called itself but the Harbinger was always the Harbinger, even amoung the reapers themselves. It was clever of you to make him " always been one. would remain one".

2) What's with Harbinger and "assuming direct control"? Is it like Shepard and his " I'm Comander Shepard..." thing?

3) Colonial, solo surviver/ruthless? And is it just me or Female Shepard's voice-caster is not as good as the Male Shepard's. I'll just replace her voice with Azula's.

4) Avatar Shepard... She lookslike a typical redhead beauty.I kinda expecting something ... different frommy own female Shepards...

5) Actually Destiny Ascension was about four times bigger than biggest human ship (Alliance Dreadnaughts are about 1Km) which makes it roughly the same size as a Reaper Capital Ship.

6) I like an explaination for reason behind your generally strange OCs (I take it there aremore than just Nilsdottir) please?
Greader chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Yes. For the love of god, I have waited for someone to do this since my play through of mass effect. THANK YOU.
688 | « Prev Page 1 .. 36 43 44 45 46