Reviews for Boogie Nights
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Hello Good Friend!

I'm sorry that this review is so late... please know that it's not intentional.

I'm really glad you reposted this and made it longer! It was great to read through all the references to the series (Fuzzy Slippers, Zamboni Jones, Bridget) and how you've managed to fit them all seamlessly into the "Like Mother" universe. Truth be told, I feel that the mark of a great fanfic writer is one who can make references to "Hey Arnold!" the way you do, because it means that you've done your research. I think this story gives some great insight into Monkeyman that I know will be important in "Like Mother" later on and I also like how you touched on the theme of unrequited love and how Monkeyman feels that for Rhonda... or so he thinks Rhonda doesn't love him back. ;)

Also, I have to say that the Chevy Chase reference was epic, especially since I've been watching old SNL's on Netflix and they are SO much better than the crap that's out now. I really enjoy the little references you put into your fics, such as "Help Me, Rhonda" by The Beach Boys. Anyone can reference pop culture, but you do a really great job doing so and ensure that it's relevant and fits the tone of your fic.

And the descriptions... man, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard before in my life when I came across the line:

"He really didn't have the money to spare, but he splurged the seven dollars, tip included, for a small cup of black coffee with enough sugar in it to give a hummingbird diabetes."

I wish I could pull off writing humor the way you do.

Great work as always! I hope to chat with you soon. :)

xoxo
Scruff the Rat chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I must say. You truly did Monkeyman justice here!

Granted, a bit more dialogue would have been nice-of course that's just me-but this piece is still very impressive.

Kudos to you!
JuliaBond chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
This is amazing! :)
Mary Sue Is Dead chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
The faint heart can never glance down at the ground racing towards it.

It seems as if Curly has found genuine contentment through all the hardship he has gone through. And while he quietly yet admiringly observes Ms. Lloyd, we get the treat of observing him. I think you've developed a beautiful character. Hed rather cherish these moments to himself than bellowing them out to the world. Sometimes that's what makes them even more special.
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Intersting idea for a fic here
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Pretty cool story here.

I'm guessing the Olympic winner was Helga, so... this Monkeyman is Brainy?

Keep the good writing.