Reviews for Fire Melts Ice
XxChillyxX chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
I really enjoyed this story! I like a good angsty Loki/Thor fic and this is the best I have read. Your idea about the realm they visit and the situation in which Loki gets sick is really spectacular. I've never read a story quite like this and it hit all the right notes with me! Once again, great job. I favorited this a few weeks ago and have been meaning to write a review forever and tell you how good this was.
MssCassandra chapter 3 . 11/23/2013
That just made my day.
ArainaHaldthin chapter 3 . 3/25/2013
I would love a story about the little girl :)
ninepen chapter 3 . 1/12/2013
If this is supposed to lead into movie canon...all the more tragic how angry Loki is at Odin and how deeply he eventually rejects him, when Odin was prepared to give his life for him. I also believe Odin loves Loki very much, but just isn't that great at expressing it...but talk about push coming to shove, wow.
ninepen chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I'm enjoying this, haven't seen any stories involving Muspelheim that I recall, and this is an unusual sick-Loki story, the symptoms are unique and I haven't read anything where they decide to ask the Frost Giants how to help him. (Not that I've read everything out there!)

I liked also Thor's anger at Loki, it seems very realistic to Thor (at least pre-banished Thor), he probably doesn't realize how cruel those words would probably feel to Loki, as it's clear from his reaction later that it was just a thoughtless flare of temper...though sounds like lucky (?) for Loki he probably didn't hear much of it anyway.

It's fun making the characters you love suffer a bit. ;-) I am curious to read what's wrong with Loki and what kind of a response they get on Jotunheim!
grossasstoenails chapter 3 . 10/8/2012
A touching tale indeed ;)
Guest chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
I kind of thought that Loki was not pure Frost Giant, and this lovely story explains how and where his magic and beauty came from! And even after reading some of the other stories that involve the relationship between Odin and Loki, I still believe that Odin loves Loki dearly and with all his heart and soul-after all it would take a person with a heart of stone to raise and nurture someone for over a thousand years and NOT grow to love them deeply. Odin just needs to take some Midgardian parenting classes to assist with learning how to express his love for Loki better! LOL! Frigga does not need assistance, she has shown already how much she loves her baby boy! And we all know how much Thor adores his baby brother as well! Nicely written with just enough angst to touch the heart but not break it. SnapesGirl59
Oomara13 chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
this was good! (short for my tastes, but good all the same.)
i love loki!whump, and this was perfect. odin wasn't a fail!parent and thor was idiotic in his own special way. excellent job.
Darcie chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
Love the story, I love father-son stories and you definately stayed true to the characters.
Lady Charity chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Oh, that gave me heart-punches of feels. So lovely and aklsjdf;alsdf I really did enjoy this story. I don't know why I enjoy reading whumping so much, but the whump was great; the ending was greater, and so heart-touching.
cy-grl chapter 3 . 6/29/2012
Absolutely loved this!
Toxic Hathor chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
this is soooooooo perfect! *purrs happily after reading*
MistakenMagic chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
"Thor, for lack of a better comparison, was an avalanche." - such a brilliant line, and so true! Loved this fic, the reactions of the whole family to Loki's illness brought a tear to my eye. Much enjoyed :-)
aworldofmyimagination chapter 3 . 6/17/2012
Your story was fantastic, thank you for posting it!
Sierra Janeway chapter 3 . 6/2/2012
That was a really sweet ending. Also, especially great imagery here. I had the whole scene very easily pictured in my mind. And it was gorgeous. Nicely done!