Reviews for Far From Home
MeredithBrody chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Haha I thought I've reviewed this but I apparently had not. I LOVED this, but you're definitely gonna have to fill me in on the rules before I attempt to join in on one.

Mwah! Loved it as always

Bones x
Kurbits chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
It's fun to read these little instalments of yours! This particular period must have been difficult for Tom, but there was very little about it on screen, a great opportunity for us writing. Good one!
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
You give new meaning to the phrase 'clothes make the man' showing us Chakotay wearing his uniform and hiding his leather-clad alter ego. There are even hints of this in Chakotay's subconsciously perceptive question about Tom-his "blonde hair unkempt again-what point was the guy trying to make?"

There was a lot of fun in this piece, "He could have sworn that it (the word Commander) was pregnant with at least a dozen adjectives, none flattering"-the level of insult that can be insinuated into a spoken word! But you've also touched on the seriousness of the situation that Tom has been placed in during this ruse to flush out Voyager's spy. It may be Tuvok and Janeway's plan, but it is Tom who has to face the danger in this tangle of secrets and lies- and do so alone. "He briefly sought out and caught Janeway's eyes, but got nothing back - just an empty stare."

This is a welcome revisiting of a time that, like many, got brushed over much too quickly.
antra chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
I had to laugh at that. Tom played Chakotey like the pro he really is.

You know what would be great? The answers to the shift questions answering while Chakotey has the padd in hand, a minute after the shift is officially over, and Tom not being able to have done it.

Tuvok, on the other hand...
beautyofsorrow chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Oh, the delight I took in this piece. You had so many lovely turns of phrases that I just about lost myself in bliss. A few (very few) of my favorites:

"At least the Captain and Torres were immune to Paris' putative charm … The thought gave Chakotay a certain vindictive pleasure."

"...watching with detached interest as it bounced and almost buried itself in Neelix' latest multi-hued concoction."

"...the proverbial pin would have echoed off the bulkheads."

and, my absolute favorite:

"Paris' face broke into one of those sardonic smirks that Chakotay just wanted to peel off and hand to the nearest Vidiian."

And of course I must point out this brilliant insight into Chakotay's character that I have unconsciously been trying to pinpoint since he first shrugged on that uniform:

"He was still taken aback at times by the extent to which being appointed Voyager's XO and putting on that uniform seemed to have revived his enthusiasm for protocol – and how quickly he'd been able to subdue those Maquis reflexes … Almost as if he could change personalities with his clothes."

All in all, a wonderful slice of happiness for my Voyager's heart.
tayababy chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Now I wanna see where this is going, and just how much trouble the boys get themselves into this time :)
21 | « Prev Page 1 2