Reviews for No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
blancoroja chapter 6 . 7/15/2012
I loved this! I'm watching HZGG and HZGG 2 all over again and I suddenly craved some fanfiction. I like your more mature Xiao Yan Zi here and I can picture her "growing up" without Yong Qi. I do NOT like Xiao Jian here, but his resentment is understandable, I have to admit. You did a wonderful job writing Xiao Yian Zi's emotions and keeping everyone in character.
AndromedaAiken chapter 6 . 6/10/2012
Well done! Loved it! Great insight into their characters!
JustWannaBeAnonymous chapter 6 . 6/5/2012
I really wish that it didn't just end like this.

I know the history is that Yong Qi didn't become the next emperor, but I like the idea of him being the emperor and Xiao Yan Zi become the empress. Is there any chance that you will continue the story or make a sequel?
JustWannaBeAnonymous chapter 4 . 6/5/2012
I just realize that Xiao Jian is just so annoying in this story.

I really like Zi Wei and Er Kang's way of trying to convince Xiao Jian. Their logic is sound and their way is not too much.
JustWannaBeAnonymous chapter 2 . 6/5/2012
This chapter is pretty good even though it is kinda sad. I kinda hoped that Yong Qi or Xiao Yan Zi really fell ill, so the people around them can take the hint that they are really miserable..
JustWannaBeAnonymous chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
It is pretty sad, but the situation taught Xiao Yan Zi not to take Yong Qi's presence for granted. Pretty Good. I hope it doesn't have a tragic ending.
blackangel2073 chapter 6 . 6/3/2012
Xiao Yan Zi is really matured here (like seriously), I just can't see QY's XYZ so grown up even she was placed in such a situation, and to be so rational, the xyz i keep visualising whilst reading this fic is your Xiao Yan from The Prince and Me. (this isnt a critique, just a statement ;P)

That said, I really enjoyed reading your exploration of XYZ's emotional growth, I always wished that QY would dwell more in xyz (i feel stupid for typing 'xyz' so many times) childhood more, I mean that girl grew up without support and love from a family, where living was a daily struggle; why QY gave xyz such a backgroud with so much plot potential, only to let it go with the wind is beyond me.

So as always thank you for sharing another piece of beautiful writing with us, I teared up so much towards the end of chapter, the daughter-father bond between xyz and qianlong is just precious
Tianlu chapter 6 . 6/2/2012
Every time I watch that scene when the girls decide to go back, I cry. Every time. And I cried when I was reading it today too. Yay for happy endings!
AndromedaAiken chapter 5 . 6/2/2012
This is a side of Xiaoyanzi I'm really loving. She's rational in this. I'd say in the show, she was slightly immature mentally but that was quite abit due to life circumstances as well...having been forced to fend for herself at a young age :).

Well done on this update! You said Prince and Me was coming...I'm still waiting ;).
Tianlu chapter 5 . 5/25/2012
Is it bad that I kind of want them to go back?

Can't wait for the last chapter!
asiannutter chapter 5 . 5/22/2012
So . that it was Xiao yan zi with Xiao jian about her relationship with yong qi and give him up. I love how you descriptively written out everyone's thoughts...so much so that I felt as if I and viewing the scene like a bystander character. Amazing written piece.

Can't wait for the last and final one!
Emolichic1 chapter 5 . 5/22/2012
So sweet!
tianlu chapter 4 . 5/19/2012
Awwww! I know Yong Qi and Xiao Yan Zi's love is strong enough to survive something like this, but it's always nice too see it :)
blackangel2073 chapter 3 . 5/15/2012
Oh no Xiao Jian your losing all your cool (not that you had much to begin with here) haha

Lol who would have ever know it would shi er ge would have all the details

You XYZ has always been more matured and less bratty which I like, the reunion seen was just too sweet. If I had/got to choose between ur versio of events and QY events to happen in the real version, ill definitely choose this one just so I can and fangirl during there reunion scene. It would be like the sceen i OHHj but qing style

Look forward to see what will happen next
Deswita chapter 3 . 5/15/2012
... Xio Yan Zi's secret past is revealed ... before the four of them returned to the palace ...

makes me suspect ... that this led to their final decision not to return to the palace ...

or just the opposite ... with the unfolding of the secrets ... The Emperor could forgive Xiao Yan Zi's past ...

can not wait for the next story ...