Reviews for Hunting and Gathering
Draco's Secret Lover chapter 7 . 1/13/2014
This is cute, my favorite was the Sophia story, but one thing stuck out to me. The Smarties. I recently learned from a friend in Canada that they have little boxes of chocolates called Smarties. Our Smarties here are little sugary sweet-tart candies that come in a cellophane sleeve. She was shocked that it was so different. :) I wish the Andrea chapter had gone on a bit longer, it seemed such an abrupt end to me and Daryl/Andrea is a guilty pleasure ship for me.
Wolfox6 chapter 7 . 3/4/2013
Again, I love the interaction. Last chapter with Sophia, and now with Carol. I simply _have_ to rewatch the series again, no question about it, to enjoy Daryl's 'glare', but with the knowledge that he is inherently one of the 'good guys' after all.
Thank you for sharing such wonderful insights to my favourite character in The Walking Dead...I can't believe how much I disliked him at first. :D
Well done!
Wolfox6 chapter 4 . 3/4/2013
Aw. Of course I would find this _after_ it's been completed, but due to the prompt, I will leave a review.
Last week's episode of TWD has made me want to rewatch it from the beginning, just to clarify Daryl's progression over the seasons as well as remember when he started to positively impact the group as a whole. Reading this has made me more determined to rewatch the series.
I personally think you have done an excellent job with your writing and characterization. Daryl's 'voice' is spot on, and you've captured the angry, hostile part of him without forgetting the 'little boy' part of him that needs a family, needs to be part of the group, whether he likes the individual members or not, as well as his moments of deep thought...
Heh. I could go on forever about his ascension to hero-status, but you've done such amazing work in this that I don't have to... :D
njero chapter 7 . 3/4/2013
One of my favorite of your stories! You're amazingly creative and your writing is beautiful! I can't wait to read more!
reedus fan chapter 7 . 3/3/2013
Great addition. The Daryl of season 1 is so different than the man he is now and you really got in Carol's head and did a fantastic job. Well done.
PlaneJane71 chapter 6 . 3/2/2013
Another awesome chapter! Your writing is excellent, and your characterization is spot on!

I can just see Daryl being nice to a kid by glaring at said kid repeatedly before tossing her a box of chocolates and stalking away without a word.

Ninja Sophia trying to observe Daryl without being seen was cute, and I loved the way she shared the chocolates with him, also without a word being spoken.

That you relayed so much, so powerfully, in so few words speaks to your talent. This was perfect.
NL March chapter 6 . 3/2/2013
Such a sweet chapter! Really wonderfully done :)
NL March chapter 4 . 3/2/2013
Another great chapter! You have Daryl's character down perfectly. Loved all of the scenes.
NL March chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This was really great! I could easily picture something like this happening on the show. I especially liked that both of them had a sense of humor about the situation. It reminded me so much of the time the two of them looked for Sophia together. Wonderful work.
reedus fan chapter 6 . 3/2/2013
Great chapter. So bittersweet knowing what happens to Sophia. Well done.
PlaneJane71 chapter 5 . 7/11/2012
Great chapter! I enjoyed the awkward conversation between Carol and Daryl and your insights into Merle and Daryl's relationship. I think your portrayal of Merle is very realistic, painting him as a guy who's far from saintly but not the antichrist either.

You're doing a great job with Daryl's character as well. I found his musing about what he would have done if he'd been with Randall's group when they'd come across those girls to be very interesting. I imagine Daryl's spent most of his life keeping his mouth shut and staying out of things, especially if he believes getting involved won't accomplish anything more than getting himself killed.
Ihasabukkit chapter 5 . 7/10/2012
Yet again I love the naturalness of this (is that a word?) - I can tell you thought a lot about it, because every little background piece seems like it fits in perfectly with the Daryl of the show - not making him pitiable, or victimized, or super-badass, just very, very human, which I think is probably why we all love him so much in the first place. I really liked the tidbit about stealing at campsites, and poaching for the last few years, and Merle making off with his payday.

And the interaction with Carol was great, exactly how I picture their 'deep' conversations would go - just the right amount of prickliness, and Carol being over-apologetic, and just them thankful for the human interaction.

And your thoughts about Randall's group were very human and insightful as well. To pull a Full Metal Jacket move with thirty armed men probably wouldn't go over well, and Daryl acknowledged that. Thanks again for updating, I love it every time!
MarionArnold chapter 5 . 7/10/2012
A little tease of Caryl - and now I want to know what Daryl was sorry for. Nice little sideline into Merle's character, nice to know that even he has lines in the sand.
PlaneJane71 chapter 4 . 7/7/2012
I'm really enjoying these little shorts. They give great insight into Daryl's character and his relationship with the other group members. Excellent job! I'm looking forward to your next update.
Lady Impala chapter 4 . 7/7/2012
These are all really good. I especially liked this chapter.