Reviews for Relinquishment
A.Remains chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
That was really good,but how did Nick die?
CSIShipperGirl chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
Any fic that makes me cry, even when written in the simplistic form that this one was, deserves to be on my favorite storys list. You have also become deserving of my favorite authors list, and even if you don't write anymore emotionally evoking fics, this one that you did write has become my favorite tear jerker. Keep it up.
CSISG
zair chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
a very heart-wrenching work, keep it up, you've got talent. U also used one of my favourite songs! (go Jimmy Eat World!)
zair chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Kahootz chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
that was incredable and moving, the relationship between sara and grissom...
TubaPrincess chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
*sniff* I like(d) Nick. He's sweet and funny and I would be in tears too. I..I..I'm going to get all teary eyed if I don't start thinking about something else soon. You did a wonderful job of characterization. (Congratulations on you csific nomination!) I will definetely be reading more from you in the near future. Fabulous work! :)
Saryn chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
This is my favorite 'character death' piece ever...you write it so well.. I read it. Then I read it again. Then once more.

It is just...breathtaking. You use relatively simple words, but you exquisitely describe what all the characters and how they are feeling - it is VERY realistic.

The most upsetting, moving part for me was this scene:

"The air was finally cooling somewhat, and they sat at one of the wooden tables outside, silently enjoying each other’s company.

Sara felt a sudden pang, and the real reason they were there came back to her again. She pushed her dish away on the table in front of her and felt herself start to cry."

ESPECIALLY the first part...describing the cooling air, and enjoying each others company.

I remember after my friend died, and I kept 'forgetting' that she had died. My mum took me to the park, and the zoo...and in one moment I had this thought of taking Mathilda (my friend who died) with me next time I went...

Then I remembered that she had just died...that I'd never get to take her there, or experience anything else with her, or talk to her ever again...

And, I was in a public place...so I didn't really feel like I could cry.

Later on, we sat on one of the park benches and had something to eat...and it was autumn - so the air was cool.

Your story just had so many personal connections that it was overwhelming...

Great job!

*Saryn*
midnightcaller chapter 1 . 6/7/2002
This is ... so good. So real and true to life and to the characters. Thank you for posting this.
LostInBlueSkies chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
Awesome! As always! Kudos!
Manigault chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
This was very sweet and very well written. Poor Nick.
vigirl chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
Wow, Amber...this was really moving. I like the way you portrayed Gil and Sara's emotional responses to Nick's death, as real and powerful but also understated in a way. We can definitely feel their shock and emotional weariness. Pretty bold move to do this around a character death, but it *totally* works. The characterizations and dialogue also hit the right note, esp. given the circumstances. Overall, just a great job capturing this experience...just very balanced and genuine...
Forensiphile chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
Just amazing. What a moving, evoking, lovely story. It brought tears to my eyes a few times. Your characterizations were flawless and I felt like I was in the story. The little details you put into your writing makes it that much more effective. You also managed to make Nick central to the story without him being there. I enjoyed seeing Sara and Grissom react to his death in such a real way, both as individuals and together. Your stories are always wonderful, but I must say this is one of my stories-not just of yours but of all CSI fan fiction. Well done.
lunarlanding chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
Very sweet, very sad, very well done. I loved the way you portrayed the Sara/Grissom and Sara/Nick vibe. It fit so perfectly.