Reviews for Colour My World
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Oh! I love this! This would be wonderful, to see the world like this. I have synesthesia myself, but it's sound/tactile (music wiggles up and down inside me, or why I believe in Better Living Through Choreography). I do have some sound-other stuff, but only mildly (Anita Baker's voice tastes like honey and cinnamon on slightly burnt toast, and Madonna's voice is different shades of blue).

But, oh how you make the colors work for both Poppy and Amelia. I love it.
GreenCanary chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This is a beautiful story. I can picture all the colours and imagine all the emotions that Poppy goes through. Bravo! You are an amazing writer.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
I read 'Escape Routes for a Stormy Night' and I like the way you expanded and built around the theme of Poppy and the colours. It's interesting that you had already written about Poppy and colours in 'Four Colours Poppy Pomfrey Loves'.

And yes, excellent explanation of synaesthesia. I didn't realise it was considered a 'condition'. I thought it was poets' extra sensitivity. I think Poppy's right, it's the magic, not a 'condition' at all.

And as usual, beautifully done.

Nice idea, the remix.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
It takes a subtle hand to allow someone who's completely color blind to experience color to such an intense degree - I could feel every nuance and it was glorious. I've told people that I sometimes enter a room and FEEL if something is off with the color. Even more interesting is the fact that my situation is extremely rare in women and my youngest daugher who is very fey is blessed with the exact magic you describe. If you ask her to repeat a number or spell a word, she'd just as soon do so in colors. So there we are, the two complete oppostie ends of the spectrum. You've truly evoked the magic of color here in all it's wonderful complexities. Beautiful !
spin84 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Beautiful. I'd heard of the 'condition' before, but never had it so eloquently explained. That's what I love about your stories, I think I always learn something from them as well as getting a good read into the bargain.

(Of course, if everyone placed the topic they wanted to teach me into a HP setting then I may well stand a better chance of actually following and understanding them. For example, if stocks and shares and the fate of the Euro versus the Pound were explained in Galleons, Sickles and Knuts I'd probably be a millionaireress in a jiffy! But I digress...)

So, beautifully told story and I'm now off to find the original piece this was remixed around.

Thank you! Spin Xx