Reviews for Miranda: The Space That Separates
MassEffectJunkie chapter 27 . 11/13/2014
I cried. I mean don't get me wrong, it was written so well. BUT WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE SO ANTAGONIZINGLY CYNICAL. I get it though, that's who she is (and many of my friends have compared me to her, yenno whatever) but the ending where she wanted something to be said but was talking in self preservation...I get that. It invoked the feels.
Seracen Beta chapter 14 . 6/14/2014
Ah man, great writing thus far! I already cheated and skimmed through the entire story, but I wanted to give it a proper read. You did an amazing job occupying Miranda's headspace. I really like how she's conflicted by her own nature, yet it's so ingrained, she dpesn't know any other way to act. It certainly humanizes her more than what we saw in the games.

You definitely captured a satisfying sense of wry humor, and it really works for both Shepard and Miranda. I really like how they seem to know each other, and assess/dissect each others' emotional hangups so handily. You make me regret not choosing Miranda more often for my male Shep playthroughs, haha! Very compelling read, I look forward giving the rest of the story its due diligence!
Fatiguesdualism chapter 27 . 4/29/2014
First, congratulations on finishing!

I'll admit I enjoyed the penultimate chapter (haven't read the "extended" version yet) a little better than the finish, the snapshot of Miranda and Shepard together stands by itself. Without that glimpse I think the end would feel a little flatter somehow.
Anyway, I'm glad you've been willing to spend the time and effort to craft this story and to share it with us. Good luck with your future endeavours!
nomercy58 chapter 27 . 4/23/2014
Excellent way to end this piece after nearly two years of writing. Loved it.
bluemarlin chapter 27 . 4/21/2014
Wonderful ending to this story. Hope to read more stories from you.
masterdude94 chapter 27 . 4/21/2014
Well, i am a little sad that this is over, but it was a great ending!
CN7 chapter 27 . 4/21/2014
I really liked this story. It was good, if a little sad with a somewhat ambiguous ending. But, they'll find each other. Regardless of how it happens, Shepard promised. Neither of them really break their promises. Especially not to each other.
I did appreciate your reminder to read your prologue once more. Some of it had slipped my mind, and like you said, it held a significant amount of foreshadowing.
Bravo! I really loved the way you portrayed Miranda: honestly pessimistic, practical, and funny in her own wry obscure way. I did enjoy this story!
sunzeng chapter 27 . 4/21/2014
You handled the ending rather well. There is hope they will find each other again. :)
sunzeng chapter 26 . 4/21/2014
I really enjoyed this chapter a lot! I like the conversations between Shepard and Miranda in bed and afterwards dealing with the mention of 'arrival.' :)
bluemarlin chapter 25 . 4/7/2014
Excellent combat chapter. Enjoyed your portrayal of Miranda commanding a company of soldiers. Looking forward to more.
Fatiguesdualism chapter 25 . 4/7/2014
Another good chapter - however (Sorry!) - whilst it's nice to see Miranda leading a larger force, I think it kind of diffused the focus a bit too much. Almost as if those 'nameless background extras' kept wandering into the foreground?

e.g.

"One of the brutes makes a last desperate lunge and catches ONE OF OURS, stabbing its claw into THEIR right shoulder. THEIR arm goes limp, dropping the rifle and THEY'RE dragged down with the creature as it falls down dead."

It just feels a bit too stepped-back, depersonalised. I think you could have replaced one of the capitalised sections with something to say who the poor, stabbed, so-and-so was. (A trooper, an engineer, a tea-lady?)

Apart from that quibble (and it is only a quibble) I'm still really enjoying reading your story! You've really used the first person perspective well! Also, one more chapter? Looking forward to it! Well I'm kind of not because it'll be the end - but apart from that...
Ieldra2 chapter 24 . 3/10/2014
I'm still reading this. And liking it. One new observation is how your style of first-person narration creates a kind of detachment which is characteristic for Miranda, even when she speaks about Oriana and how her wellbeing affects her. It took some getting used to in the first chapters, but it works really well.
bluemarlin chapter 24 . 1/15/2014
Nice chapter. Looking forward to reading your Miranda's role in the battle for Earth. Please continue.
masterdude94 chapter 24 . 1/14/2014
Hey good story! I really like how you portray Miranda. And you expand on the given story in Mass Effect 3 for Miranda.
Fatiguesdualism chapter 23 . 11/9/2013
Another good chapter in a work that has been continually entertaining and well-written. Looking forward to where you go from here, although I suspect the end may be approaching - especially if you're staying as true to 'canon' as you have been! Also I know this isn't really a review -sorry- think of it more as a Thank You Note!