Reviews for Remedial History Lessons on a Tuesday
Molotov chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
Not what I'd call a happy ending, but like the show, I would say optimistic. And, realistic. I like stories where post-series Sarah chooses love for Chuck in spite of memory loss, but this seems more real.
You also added an important wrinkle to amnesia most post-series stories miss - how the world itself has changed - a black President, the housing bubble and crash, Greece's clusterfuck.
Dig it!
ne71 chapter 3 . 12/1/2012
Great end to the story. Even when Morgan's not there, you do a great job of nailing his character. Chuck letting Sarah know the real story behind "Dark Knight" and "Lost" is perfect.

I got a special kick out of Sarah knowing exactly how many ways to kill someone with a straw, and the supplemental amount if it's the bendy kind. My kind of statistics.

All in all, probably the best post-finale fic I've ever read. I'm typically not a fan of them, but this one was just terrific. Every bit of it was believable, and your characterization of Sarah was spot-on. Getting to see Morgan through her eyes was hugely entertaining.

I always really enjoy your stories, and this was no exception. I hope you continue to write, because I intend to continue reading.

ne71 chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Another great chapter. Some highlights:

Love the subtle callback to the "Funny animal shapes" comment.

Brain stickers! Morgan clearly has an entire arsenal of art and craft supplies at his disposal.

Alex's corrections from the other room are fall-off-my-chair funny. I can just picture the scene in my head.

"Decker. He had a big forehead." Well, now I know what I'll be fixating on if I ever rewatch Season 5.

I love the items peppered into Sarah's personal history - smartphones and Angry Birds. Again, great example of how Morgan's brain works.

Now I want to read a fanfiction titled "Ten Times Chuck Saved The Day Without Using The Intersect."

Again, great chapter. I think that there was a lot of missed potential on the show in that they hardly ever showed Sarah and Morgan interacting. And this story is a perfect example of the funny chemistry the two characters have - Sarah's serious, all business disposition and Morgan's well-meaning goofiness. I would have loved to have seen something even remotely resembling this on the show.

Great job.

ne71 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Wait, what... where did this come from? How did I miss it?

Loving this so far. Morgan teaching Sarah about the subprime mortgage crisis using Monopoly is perfect. Cracked up at "Volume 1." You always do such a great job of capturing characters, and your Morgan here is completely spot on. Operation Olfaction! You are a genius; please use your powers for good.

I like the idea that everyone but Chuck is still trying to get Sarah to regain her memories. Wonder where that's going to lead.

GREAT job so far.

s-david-m chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
This was a good fic, and a realistic post-finale story. I think Sarah's thoughts on Chuck in this chapter about him being a pseudo agent are spot on. She was very dismissive of him in the last episode, showing little of the appreciation for honesty and integrity she had when she first met him. Her behavior didnt really jive with the idea that we're supposedly seeing the Sarah of 5 years ago.

Morgan's approach is totally in character too, and your banter was great. Kudos.
jinxed97 chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
Great story...thank you for writing.
jinxed97 chapter 2 . 6/20/2012
Great chapter...
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Great start to the story...
Anonymous chapter 3 . 6/2/2012
Really enjoyed the whole conceit of this, always love having Morgan advocate for Chuck. Great job.
CaptMediocre chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
Nicely Done.
Ayefah chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
Way to write finale Chuck, the one who finally learned to let Sarah come to him and who earnestly promised to ask nothing from her. That was adorable.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
I really enjoyed this story of how Morgan being the great friend that he is tried to jog Sarah's memory. I loved the big book of "Sarah Walker's Guide to Everything Important that Happened in the Years 2007-2012." Volume 1. Too Funny! I loved how Chuck was just sitting back and was content to let Sarah be Sarah. I loved how he recognized he could not fix her. Thanks for the great story.
quistie64 chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
This was a seriously wonderful and funny story. I have avoided "memory" stories, but this one is great. I giggled throughout and especially loved Alex correcting Morgan during his tutoring session. Oh! and Project Olfaction was inspired. So much fun.

Thank you for sharing this wonderfully fun and heartwarming story.
Frea O'Scanlin chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
Inspired use of the baggage handler line (let's be honest: Chuck had *everyone* at the baggage handler line in the pilot). Amazing fic. I love the voices, I love Chuck's realizations, and how mature he is about it. You have managed to ensure that I will never look at a piece of cauliflower or a bendy straw the same way again, and I'm not sure I can thank you for it, but whatever. It's a small price to pay for the wonderfulness of this story.

Poor Sarah, though. I'm not sure even amnesia is punishment enough for having to eat chicken pepperoni.

Great tale, atlee. I'm glad you committed it to paper and let us read it, as it made my day ten times better.
Frea O'Scanlin chapter 2 . 5/11/2012
"10 Times that Chuck Bartowski saved the Day without Using the Intersect"? Must've been in S1 and S2, back before he misplaced his spine and his intellect.

Holy crap, this chapter made me laugh so hard. Alex's asides from the kitchen ("Equestrian!"), Morgan's art skills ("Why is she sitting on a cow?"), the brilliant, comedic use of Timothy Dalton to show what Volkoff looks like...

Which begs the question: how does Sarah know who Timothy Dalton is? In my head-canon, she is as big a fan of the Rocketeer as I am.