Reviews for Writing
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
What a hoot, I love it! Spot-on characterization (I like how he got Geordi to be his beta), great lines, and a very apt description of the world of fanfiction, thank you.
LJ1983 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Aww, this was cute. And very interesting seeing Data write fanfiction. And in addition, you went through some issues that most FF writers are all too aware of and Trek-fied it. Wonderful stuff. Loved this!
Galaxy1001D chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Ah yes, Data has made the same mistake we've all made and if we're not careful will continue to make. This has got to be the best anti Mary Sue fic I've ever read. You've managed to get your point across without offending anyone, while giving us a heartwarming scene with Data and Geordi. Well done!
konarciq chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Oh, this was cute. Loved especially when he realized his mistake was *human* LOL

Well done!
Stavrogin chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Nice story. I didn't know about the mary sue thing...is it the same if you take a background character in one of the episodes and create a personality for him...then use him with the other main characters in your story?

I'm doing one based on the security guy in 'Heart of Glory' [TNG: Season 1]even though he never had any lines. I just thought it was cool how he ducked and shot one of the Klingons instead of standing there like a lemon and getting shot like the other security usually do.

As for your story, it was nice as a little 'skit', but have you thought of expanding it? There could be more comedy in Data writing/creating his own fan-fiction...
androidilenya chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Hey, have you read the TNG book 'Eyes of the Beholders' by A.C. Crispin? Data tries to write a novel in that, a romance one, and it's funny.

Anyways, great story idea, and I found it funny that you were writing about writing a fanfiction... in a fanfiction. Yeah, having a character be a Mary-Sue is really hard sometimes, I totally sympathize with Data...

Great job.
nathasa39 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Muy bueno y muy divertido me gusta la idea de data enganchado a los fanfiction. Buen trabajo.
Sarita Croft chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Data y los fanfiction... jajajaja

me ha divertido, no me esperaba a Data escribiendo un fanfiction o leyéndolos (presumo que lo ha hecho como parte de su investigación). El concejo de Geordy es muy real para quienes alguna vez intentamos escribir algo y tememos publicar, pero que nos encanta leer.