Reviews for Expressing Feelings
nurulwaheedah03 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
hello
Souldin chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I have been following your blog posts and conversing with you for quite some time now and it has always bothered me that I had yet to read and review any of your fanfics. As I'm trying to get back into the habit of reviewing once again, even with the still on-going lack of time I have nowadays, I decided that for one of my first stories to review it should be one of yours. Admittedly I chose this one because it was the shortest one to read, but also because it's one of your first MLP stories. As for why I'm writing this review here instead of on , no reason really, I just felt like it.

This story was short and sweet, an interesting look into the events of an episode and the reasons to why the characters acted the way they did. I'm certain this draws from Rainbow Dash's line 'but I need you' (which had me shouting for Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash to just start making out with one another, the writers had made the ship seemingly obvious by that point) and yet draws from many aspects of the episode, and before episodes to make it's point. The point is made clearly, the sources used are relevant and are used naturally, and they are made part of the story simply because of how the story, the conversation, and the thought process of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash progress. The characters were in character, there were lots of cute moments and spelling and vocabulary were solid. The story also wraps itself up nicely, and finishes with a neat little line.

Interestingly enough I feel if this story were shorter it in turn would be even sweeter, my point being that I feel the main point of Rainbow Dash needing Fluttershy was reiterated more times than it needed to be. Other than that though there were one or two lines that could have been worded better, not because they are wrong but because they don’t flow well off of the tongue (though this might just be me personally). For instance, the line 'in it of itself' sounds better simply as in of itself.

To conclude, the story is well written, the characters well presented, and the ideas make my mind think however it doesn't make my heart beat. It makes me think but I don't feel for this story, not so much a problem with your quality but a matter of my personal taste as I find it lacks a certain charm to it, but nevertheless it remains a decent read. Great job, keep up the good work!
C.M. Kearney chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I am in total agreement with S.G. I got my shipper goggles on ever since Dragon Quest. And there were signs ever since May the Best Pet Win!, or maybe even way back. I have to rewatch Season 1 again, just to be sure.

In any case, I really loved this story. No over-the-top mushiness despite the genre.
S.G chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
maybe i've been having my shipping goggles on or something but, i've been seeing Flutterdash ever since 'Dragon quest' 'hurricane fluttershy' and OF COURSE 'royal wedding'(The kiss at the 12'00 mark) were big 'Canon' Shipping moments for me.

RD was pretty stubborn about fluttershy doing tornado duty..

?why can a little colt like rumble fly, but not scootaloo? Where was she? This coulda been a good episode about scoots wanting to contribute, but can't cuz she can't fly. RD said ALL ponyville pegasi..she is?
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 1 . 5/9/2012