Reviews for The Phoenix and the Wolverine
The Sithspawn chapter 50 . 9/21
Good chapter!

Nice to see a new update :) And Ellen is going to tell the Cylons the truth that was kept from them by One :D That's going to be fun ;)

Update again soon please! :)
Kris chapter 50 . 9/9
Very unexpected! :)
Awesome chapter
Great chapter!
keithallen chapter 50 . 9/8
About time for an update, I was beginning to think this fic was dead.
Interesting chapter, some good strife and plotting in progress :)
Syphon01 chapter 50 . 9/8
interesting update,
now would be the time for the sixes eights and two to head to the res hub and colony and then box all the cavils.
I'm sure that Cavil would expect them to run not go on the offensive.
and now Ares known of a depowered baby Q.
will generl Q return his powers now that he a target
more please
Trife chapter 50 . 9/8
Now this has shown some very interesting and possibly some very big game changers, could we be looking at a potential war between the Kobal group and the Q? I don't think the Q will like this very much to be honest. It might actually get them all up off their butts for once in a few eons.

Trife
Jerry Unipeg chapter 50 . 9/7
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! Great idea about destroying the resurrection. I am not surppest it was Ares behind the wormholes. I love how you get Goddess Aphrodite to bring Lady Q. God Apollo would know about Earth and her peoples when he lost to captain Kirk.
Dur'id the Druid chapter 50 . 9/7
It's back! And with Q shenanigans at that! I was wondering what was happening with those, and what the heck was up with the Greek gods.
Fallyna chapter 50 . 9/7
Good to see that Cavil is finally running into some serious opposition, with Red One's personality advancing rapidly. If the Cylon's weren't in complete disarray before, they are now - which is good news for the Colonials and their problems.

At first glance it looks like Ares is being manipulated by a much more powerful entity from another reality, because the potential energy from his remaining worshippers pales in comparison to the power of the Q, as other reviewers have already noted. That entity (or group) could be the real enemy the Q should be worried about. Having said that, Aphrodite's ability to approach Lady Q undetected shows that they may have underestimated the Lords of Kobol, which makes perfect sense when you take the Q's arrogance into account.
Arthorius chapter 50 . 9/7
Welcome back,

Oh wow, very interesting.. The Lords of Kobol is the Greek Patheon. Bet they forgot that there are higher beings of power, far more powerful then they are. Maybe the Q should ask for help from the much higher planes who are closer to the Ancient of DAYS.

Keep writing. stay safe...
Steve2 chapter 50 . 9/7
Enjoyable chapter. Some thoughts here: Ares insinuated that the power of prayer for him and other Lords were making them stronger. However, it was never stated how strong they were at this point with 20B less people praying to them. Then there is how strong a Q is compared to a Lord of Kobol. I had imagined that Ares might be significantly less powerful than a Q.

Still, the story is coming along. My thoughts on power levels is actually driven from a comic series written back in the late 1980's called The Southern Knights. One of the story arcs in there dealt with a goddess whose followers had all died. She wanted power and found a way to get it. In your story, Ares seems to have wanted a way to get more power and he got it. My question is how. My thoughts on that would be: he borrowed it from somewhere. How, I don't know. Maybe the Q could approach Hades or Poseidon and ask for their help asking around the underworld. (Get it? It's a joke.) Anyway, wouldn't it be interesting if Ares borrowed the power boost on credit and he can't pay it back.

However, that is just an idea that popped into my head as I read this.

A question for you: if I were to write an omake, and send it to you, would you post it with your chapters? Some writers won't, some will. Thought I would ask. FYI: an omake is basically a short story based on an existing story (like this one).
Wow amazing chapter. So much stuff happening now, the plot is really progressing. Can't wait to see the results when Natalie and Leoben free the Centurions, what happens next with the Xavier trying to supply the Colonial fleet directly, and also the progression of relationships between Oma/Rogers, Laura/Q Junior and Logan/Jean etc.

Thank you so much to the author for taking the time to write this amazing story. I have reread it so many times now over the last few years, and I really enjoyed finding and reading this latest chapter.

I gotta big feeling Cavil is not going to be smiling in the next chapter!
bigd95822 chapter 14 . 6/13
interesting story so far. 1 nit pick...
When Logan is thinking about striker near the end of the chapter, you spelled it 'coloner' striker instead of Colonel striker.
Your story has been pretty consistent grammatically speaking, so it threw me off. thought you should know. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to finishing the story.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 24 . 6/10
"...so warp 9.97 is almost double that...which is huge."

Memory Alpha's "Warp factor" page has a chart which shows how ridiculously variable speeds have been shown or stated to be, but the one thing that IS agreed upon is that warp factors are not a linear scale.

(ie. Warp 9 is much more than twice as fast as Warp 4.5, with Voyager episodes placing Warp 9.975 somewhere in the range of 1554 to 2922 times the speed of light.)