Reviews for Paradise
schur655 chapter 25 . 4/19/2013
I just reread this because well it is extremely, good and I wanted too meet Tiri again. I am glad she found her paradise, sad that she did not have a Simon.
bjq chapter 25 . 7/27/2012
LOVE IT
Dherea chapter 25 . 7/8/2012
Really great story! I love the video scenes where it shows the progression into torture/madness. So sad that River found her best friend again...and had to watch as she sacrificed herself for River. Characters stayed true to form...really great read! Thanks for sharing.
Bill chapter 25 . 6/20/2012
very well written and entertaining but oh please use "too" when appropriate instead of "to"
RionaEire chapter 25 . 6/19/2012
The guard killed Tiri right? I'm upset that she's dead, she's River's best friend and that makes me sad. Your sword scene was well written. I would think they would paint over the walls that Tiri and River wrote on. I'm still upset that Tiri's dead, is there any way you could bring her back later and have her not really be dead?

Oh-My-01 chapter 22 . 6/14/2012
This would have to be one of the best stories I've ever read here and that's alot. I'd never heard of Firefly but after reading the story before this one you actually got me into watching the series! And for that I bow down and thank you for what you have done. Please please please update ASAP cuz this story is just plain amazing!

Ophelia c:
RionaEire chapter 22 . 6/6/2012
I think they have Tiri activated because if they have her in her regular state River and her will just play and won't cooperate, Tiri doesn't have the incentive to behave that River has with Simon there, so they keep Tiri activated, am I right? The Hands of Blue make me cry, that they would make people touched and then turn them into assassins and activate them to do bad things to people they love, that makes me cry. But it was all quite well written, I really enjoy reading your stories even though they are upsetting, your effect on me means you're a good writer. I hope they can escape soon, deactivate Tiri and take her with them and find her a family to look after her somewhere. Again I don't think they can keep her longterm. Good story.

KANDY BLACKSON chapter 16 . 5/30/2012
this is great...:)

can't wait for more!
RionaEire chapter 16 . 5/30/2012
Soooo scary. I can't wait to see what happens next. They activated River obviously, but some things are unclear about that. If River's conditioning is activated she doesn't know her brother and friends, we know this from the scene in the Maidenhead. So she couldn't tell Simon he's too important to die at the end, unless the conditioned personality knows that for strategic reasons. Also you didn't show how they activated her, you need to add that in or else the reader is left confused and it doesn't feel realistic. Simon was mean to River when they were bringing Tiri to the hospital, he wouldn't have been so callous with her. It wasn't right to just try to drop Tiri off without checking to see if they could find her people to give her to. Looking forward to more.

RionaEire chapter 13 . 5/24/2012
As nice as it is to have best friends River and Tiri together and as interesting as it is, I don't think our crew can handle looking after two, they need to find Tiri a nice safe home with someone who can look after her well, ideally finding Tiri's family would be good, but if that's not an option we need to find another option, she really can't stay aboard longterm, even though it will be hard for them to be seperated. They can talk on the cortex and when we visit whichever planet we find her a family on we can visit her and she and River can have time together. Watching those videos was awful, I felt really dreadful reading those chapters, you wrote them well and that's probably why they made me uncomfortable, poor River and Tiri.

RionaEire chapter 8 . 5/16/2012
How did I not see that coming? Of course they would both be from the academy, being so similar. That guy looking after her must be some sort of evil assassin handler type. It was interesting seeing a very neurotypical pair of 14 year old girls on that video. I wonder what River thinks when she sees that video? Looking forward to more.

RionaEire chapter 5 . 5/16/2012
Such a cute story, your stories are always adorable. I know that sometimes River has to stay in her room for safety, but if I were her caregiver I'd try and limit that so she doesn't see her room as a bad place to be, it should be a good place where she feels safe and in control. I think its important when River does something she's not supposed to do, like scaring everyone in the cargo bay earlier or breaking the dishes, to explain why it isn't a good thing rather than punishing her with no explanation. When River is lucid we should be helping her understand why she needs to make good choices. Your portrayal of the crew not doing this is not entirely off the mark, it would be good for them to take time to understand, we're all in this together, but average people often just don't understand. Looks like River will make a new friend, twins from different families, these two look like they can catch lightning in a bottle together (be instant best friends) either that or they'll hate each other. Maybe they won't understand why each other is touched. I know River knows she's touched, at least sometimes, but I don't know if Tiri understands that she's different/why she's different. I'll read the next chapters now. Oh, and I love how River made a key out of the clay, you must know someone you're basing your River on, do you have any touched cousins or anything?

KANDY BLACKSON chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
mal isn't that mean, simon doesn't swear, but river is better than she was before.

i'm so glad someone is still interested in firefly;)

keep writing:)

57/100
KANDY BLACKSON chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
it's good and makes me :) [river is mostly quiet in the series. can you make her talk less?] keep them coming ;)
RionaEire chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Good start for this new story, I liked your rendition of what everyone is thinking about, how Kaylee and Simon are thinking of each other in different parts of the ship.