Reviews for One Hundred Days of Summer
Peter Gunn chapter 100 . 11/12/2012
So Castle was a baby and Kate was closed off? With all the claims that men are too remote and non-committal, that he, himself was a use 'em and leave 'em guy, Castle's desire to share a closeness should be praised, not castigated. And Kate's being closed off is mostly history. In 100 Days you displayed her as a control freak who was determined to be away from him as much as possible - having gone from one extreme over-involvement in her mother's murder to the opposite extreme wanting to keep much of her life _from_ Castle, clinging to her old self-protection from her foot out the door days.

I've known and loved some very intelligent, ambitious, competent women and value them far above twits and air-heads. But the ones I have known are all smart enough not to be manipulators and control freaks.

As for this chapter, I was disappointed that there was nothing telling what they actually said to the press.
elin0r chapter 25 . 11/9/2012
Thank you for including one of my all time favourite books in this lovely story!
HayleyPiper chapter 100 . 10/30/2012
Awesome
Jess chapter 48 . 10/16/2012
I'm from Belize, I always get a kick out of people having stories in Belize. Should be interesting to see what all they do there.
KateCastle12 chapter 100 . 9/18/2012
U should write more about this story I want to know how it ends. Its such an awesome story (:
SparkleMouse chapter 39 . 9/17/2012
"The heat? Oh, I just live like a bat in my cave, staying nice and cool." - Oh she's adorable! I love little old ladies.

Castle laughs at the saying and nods. "It really is. I'm trying to convince her to spend the night with me-"
Ms Bradford gives him an arch look, one of those you young people these days, and he can practically feel Kate laughing at him as he shuts his mouth - LOL awkwaaaaard.

waiting on her as he plays his favorite game - people watching - Oh mine too!

His daughter is so old - Love the tone of this.

"More than one time then. How many times?"

She rubs at her forehead. "Every time."

"Every time? Kate. Stop running with the damn app." - Hahaha. I love his response.

He wishes, still wishes, having lots of sex and loving someone with everything in your soul would actually erase all her problems. - If only. I love that sentiment though.

OH two chapters combined.

"What?" he mutters back, drawing a hand down between them, nudging her hip, brushing at her skin, touching. "You came, you saw, you conquered?"

"Well yes. But you weren't listening carefully. I switched the order, Writer B-" - I was gonna say... Haha. Love it.

"You saw, you conquered - you came?"

She vibrates with laughter under him, her hands coming up to claim his face, draw his mouth to hers again. As if he needs her help getting there.

"I think I did," she says finally. "More than once." - Lucky, lucky girl.

"Vini, Vidi, Vixi."

"What - what does vixi mean?"

"I lived." - LOVE.
SparkleMouse chapter 38 . 9/17/2012
I do not feel well but I'm stuck at work and looking forward to this keeping me company for a bit.

"You said you wanted to show me something."
"Yeahhhh...now I want to show you something else." - Oh Castle. You're so silly and adorable.

She holds herself away for a moment more, and then shifts closer to him, no longer resistant, and presses her mouth to his throat. - I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THEIR HUGS!

He likes watching her curled up in the chair in her black underwear, a white t-shirt pulled on over her green bra. He likes that it doesn't match, that he can see the outline of her bra, that she hasn't yet put on makeup, that she's dipping her foot in time to some internal beat as she reads. - I LOVE this description. I can totally picture it and I love the line about her not matching. I just really appreciate it.

She shrugs and her knees squeeze his hips; he drops his hands to her thighs and rubs up and down, liking the smooth play of skin.- Love the intimacy in that.

"How later is later? Because I'm getting the sense that your definition of later and my definition of later are somehow-"

"Let's finish this conversation so I know what I'm doing with the young adult stuff, okay? Then we can ponder the semantics of later." - Love that.

He scans the pages, just to indulge her, and then lifts his eyes back to hers. "With great power, comes great responsibility."

She breathes out in a rush, sitting back. "Yes." Her eyes glance to the pages, then back up at him. "That's exactly it."- Spidermannnnnn. I love his use of it here.

"Oh no. Nope. Not too old. I caught her re-reading Twilight a couple nights ago. Twilight, Kate. I'm - I'm so ashamed." - Hahaha YES

John Green mention! Yay!

"Your dad's book made me cry. And now he's rubbing it in my face."

"Dad!"

"I am not," he retorts - He's such an adorable jerk.
eva-david chapter 100 . 9/15/2012
I spent weeks reading this and I simply loved it. I've read other stories that you two have written before but I think this one was the best so far.
I'm so glad that I still have some to read! I don't even know what I'd do without your writing! You both rock! Together as well as separate!

Thank you!
SparkleMouse chapter 37 . 9/11/2012
He came by only an hour ago, gave her the whole morning and afternoon to herself, but that as soon as he showed up, that's all it took to find their way into her bed. Slow and lovely, her body meeting his as the rain drowned the world outside. He sits back against her headboard and does the crossword puzzle from yesterday, waiting on her. He brought his laptop thinking maybe he'd do some writing, but she appropriated it. - So this is pretty much the perfect day.

"Hey, your index toe - pointer toe? oh man, they need a word for this toe - it's almost longer than your big toe." - Hahaha totally my feet.

Where his pants probably are.- No need to put those on.

Castle dips his head to kiss the corner of her eye, slides his hands up to her waist. "Okay. So how about you give me my shirt?" - I love their banter.

"Oh," he laughs, lifting his eyes quickly to her and then back to the photo on his phone. A - she's - "Tennis skirt?" And tennis racquet, and her foot up like- "Oh my - you are kidding me. You were a model?" - LOVE this. So great.

"You're mortified. I find that hilarious."

"Shut up," she laughs. - SO CUTE.

"Tennis skirt. Look how young you are. Wow. And hot. Can I say you're hot? How old are you here? Still, nice tight sweater-"

"Okay, eyes up here, Big Rick." - I love how he loves everything about it, how he's always more amazed by her than he previously was.

"I might have that sweater and tennis skirt at home."

"You do not!" he gasps.

"No, but you have a good imagination."- Sighhhhh. Perfect.
SparkleMouse chapter 36 . 9/10/2012
So when he reaches the delicate line of sleep, his mind hovering at the hazy edge, he treads it with abandon, blissful and knowing. He loves her. - That's beautiful.

A low, almost inaudible whimper that has to be coming from her; a raspy, tiny, painful sound that has him rolling back to her in a matter of seconds. What the hell—NOOOOO the nightmares.

He curls his hand over hers, lowers his mouth to the shell of her ear, the line of her jaw, the corner of her mouth. "Hey, hey, hey," he says quietly, letting the sounds permeate her skin. "It's okay, Kate. I'm here." - There's something about this that really breaks me. I think how he whispers to her.

She makes them waffles in the morning - GIMME GIMME.

"I don't know, Castle," she answers playfully. "My waffles are pretty hard to please. Not sure you'll manage to convince them." - Love that response.

"No?"

"See, I don't think they will taste half as good if you're not the one making them," he tells her, falsely pensive.

"Oh, I see," Beckett answers laughingly, with a light roll of her eyes. But the faint blush crawling up her chest tells him all he needs to know. - I can so hear her in this last part.

and Beckett sometimes wonders if this is the main reason why she can't picture herself as a housewife.

Because it's so far away from everything that Johanna Beckett was to her. - Love that. I can see that being so true.

hands resting lightly on his biceps - BICEP

"Have you ever thought of working as an editor?" - Huh. She'd actually be super good at that.

All these houses have people whose job is only to read unpublished manuscripts and write reviews for them - Oh I would LOVE that. I've done that with scripts and it's so great.

You're - god, you're one of the smartest people I've ever met." - Ughhh he's just so I don't know. He believes in her so much. It's amazing.
Caskettfever15 chapter 100 . 9/9/2012
Oh my god I have never cried at a fan fiction...EVER. But you, you oh man you, you had me bawling. So much detail, so much fact. You are an amazing writer. I couldn't believe t as I was reading it. It seriously made it seem that it was actual episodes. Thank you, you have satisfied me until September 24th haha incredible.
Amybf19 chapter 100 . 9/8/2012
Loved this story so very very much. You both have a knack for writing Rick and Kate very very well!
ColieMacKenzie chapter 100 . 9/7/2012
Perfect end, the way she came back. This was a wonderful story, a unique way of experiencing their life together, all the newness of it, the changes, the rawness, the sexiness, all the love. I truly admire you two for pulling this off, for your ability to write off the cuff like that, day after day and still have them feel like *them*. I may just envy you a little a lot for it too. Thank you.
ColieMacKenzie chapter 99 . 9/7/2012
Really liked Alexis watching out for Kate. And I love how she takes care of him, knows what helps even when at first he feels like he needs to be by himself. The sexy moment at the end gave me feels. ;) She should sleep naked though, just in general. They need the skin to skin contact. :)
ColieMacKenzie chapter 97 . 9/7/2012
Oh this hurt again, so much of it throwing her back to where she came from, but also so good because she has him now, and she knows it and holds on to it.
4,510 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »