Reviews for The Disease of Freedom
BlueDiamondStar chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Inspiring little piece. I liked it.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Of course freedom and confinement will always have an ambivalence for Neal now, and I really don't envy him for it.

Because while he desires his freedom, it is also - at least in his fears - probable loss of the family he grew so close to, the Burkes, June and his friends at the FBI. On the other hand, his anklet and the confinement it stands for, also means he's kept safe and has got people around him he loves and respects and who love and respect him as well.

And I believe it was so Peter to open the anklet for a few moments and let him walk a couple of steps in order to let Neal have at least some taste of freedom.

Well done on the introspection.
Pilot.Pen chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
I really loved some sentences in here that spoke to the piece's direction. For instance, "To him, the pavement is like looking across an ocean from the sand to the very point in which you think the earth curves and hides the part of the world you may never reach. He will always be confined to the sand." The line just made me really feel for Neal's situation. I also really liked this sentence: "Space has always been confined to increments bordered by consequences." It defines Neal's life. Peter's admittance that he can't and won't was a great nuance. Also, "We could give you miles and miles of mountains and you'll ask for the sea." Perfect. Little nice short piece, really melancholic and touching. Thanks for the posting!
WynonaRose chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Beautiful, but sad.
Miss MaryAnn chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This was wonderful. You beautifully captured the tortured soul of Neal Caffrey. He longs for what he can't have and when he gets it he longs for the opposite and never fully understands that all the things of the world, the ability to go and do what he wants in the world can't and won't give him the freedom he seeks. Nor does he accept that all that has happened to him came from decisions he made, some the consequences from decisions he refused to make.
Fierce Queen chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Nice! Your description of Neal's thoughts are great. And Peter's kind gesture, and then Neal's reaction to it was wonderful. Great job!

Blessings,