Reviews for The Entertainer
King Steve chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
I read this ages ago and didn't think much because at the time I hadn't seen the Hunger Games. (I thought it was very well written and interesting, but didn't understand half of it at the time without seeing HG) Now, though, I've seen it, love it (plus Catching Fire, which I saw last night - Amazing!) and spent the last half-hour searching for this story, as I'm on a big Hunger Games thing as well as the perpetual TSCC thing I have going on.

I'll leave a more detailed review as I read on, as I haven't re-read it yet. I just wanted to say, before I do, that I really hope you do more of this story. I'd love to see more of the TSCC characters in the Hunger Games world.

I know it's been a long time but I really hope you continue this story!
ken chapter 3 . 2/20/2013
interesting chapter. i hope u continue this one
thelexy chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
Guest chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
You've hooked me, keep reeling me in please!
xxvoxx chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
I enjoyed this a lot. Thanks.
cameronbaumsjacket chapter 3 . 1/17/2013
Loved it! :)
biaslord chapter 3 . 1/17/2013
Chapter was really good.
Riskreader chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
Seems as the snowball's slowly gaining into the meat of the story, looking forward to how this develops from here on out.
elicit chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
Very awesome chapter
guest chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
I like this story and encourage you to continue. It is different from almost all theTSCC stories with characters that seem unique yet familiar enough for one to relate. I hope you keep going.
xxvoxx chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Nice start and I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait to see John and Cameron get together. :)
fandomfatale chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Sarah as the mentor? Love it. You've created so much suspense.

And I was not expecting to hear more about Haymitch and Effie, so I was thrilled about that.

I'm assuming that Prim is the great aunt? Her being alive might be my single favorite thing about this story. Good AU choice. It makes sense that she wouldn't have died given how the rebellion started by Katniss sort of floundered, but you get so used to thinking of her as dead that it's so wonderful when she isn't.

I really love what you've done with Derek - how dark you've taken him. It's hard seeing him rejected by District 12, and resented by John, but I like how much he's struggling with guilt over what he did in the Games, and all of what he has lost and how much it was his fault.

Update soon!
fandomfatale chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I’m not usually a fan of crossovers but how could a blend of two things I love so much not be amazing? But even going in with that mindset I was still blown away – this was fantastic! You were so creative in the way you translated the TSCC characters and relationships into the Hunger Games setting. I particularly love the way you set-up the past – with Kyle having died in the Games, Sarah being a victor, and Derek being a victor from a few years before that. And it was very effective the way you created the mystery around Kyle’s death and the three days that were never shown. I was curious right from the start.

I loved the details you added as well – Sarah being “the Rose of District One”, your description of the forest and your characterization of Kacy. Having John and Cameron imitate Gale and Katniss saying “Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor” was a really nice touch, as well as Randle Perry saying, “Will you join us?”

The trick with the glove for picking out the right name – that was genius. And then John volunteering because of Cameron. I also really liked how you switched POV’s, it added a different kind of drama to the moment when John stepped forward.

And then, of course, I was squealing at the bit about Effie becoming a goose farmer with Haymitch! So perfect.

On to chapter 2!

-Lisa (xashesxashesx on tumblr)
Lee chapter 2 . 6/20/2012
Nice story. I can't wait to see if John and Cameron actually have a relationship. :)
ken chapter 2 . 6/19/2012
nice chapter. nice story, but plz update more often